Author Thread: WHO CAN MAKE A GOOD WIFE?
Jordy86

View Profile
History
WHO CAN MAKE A GOOD WIFE?
Posted : 1 Jan, 2019 02:01 PM

1. Comfortable when it comes to cleaning, keeping the house clean?

2. Must be good at preparing good meal. Must love cooking ?

Must a woman have these qualities before a man considers them for marriage

Jordy86

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jan, 2019 06:28 AM

I agree. All these are important. But the Bible only talks about "love", "respect" and "submission". Some things we do create in our heads but they are not key. You have learnt about betrothals. People grow us and their priorities and desires change, but these who their parents agreed to have them married without their consent, had their marriages work; not for other reasons but love,respect and submission. Ask yourself why women are commanded to respect and submit?

Jordy86

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jan, 2019 06:37 AM

zsolt, it seems unrealistic because modern parents dont teach their children to be husbands and wives. They only lead them to become professionals in careers. It is unrealistic because we think all old traditions are wrong, including even those shown in the bible. This is why evven today a woman thinks she can have two husbands. Thereare loads of stories on youtube,please do search and watch.

Man=bradwinner

Woman=home manager(bring up children, cooks, makes sure the home is clean and organized etc), PERIOD. The bible may lead you to understand.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jan, 2019 07:46 AM

My parents both worked, both were great cooks, and both kept the home clean and looked after us kids, and they were married till we lost my Dad 2 years ago, kind of blows your theory out of the water...

Jordy86

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jan, 2019 01:40 PM

At your age you should be in a position to reason better what you have said about your parents.You comment just to try and win an argument. This is never my theory. Division of labor and responsibilities between man and women is God's word, not mine. Read the bible.Genesis 3;16-19, Ephesians 4:22-33, The famous Proverbs 31:10-31, Titus 2:5, 1 Peter 3:1-6. Read those very soberly (not with a mind that seeks to counter some argument) to get the picture. Your parents both worked. As I said, wife working doesn't make bread winning her responsibility, and a man cooking and doing the chores doesn't make house managing his responsibility. Doesn't need rocket science to know that they exchanged these values(complemented each other), each doing their responsibilities and stepping up to assist in each other's responsibility. That is perfect. What if your mom didn't have a job and remained at home and did all that she is expected of as a wife(Titus 2:5), and your dad didn't cook but he worked hard and won bread for the family (Genesis 3:17)? It still would have been perfect. BUT, what if your mom, because she had a job, demanded your father to cook and clean, and your father didn't have a job and didn't want a job because he finds it okay to cook and clean because his wife was capable of providing for the family? Trust me, that marriage wouldn't have worked. You can blow the word of God in the water if you think you are too smart beyond what the word of God says

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jan, 2019 03:05 PM

I don't need to try and win the argument that was already lost with your opening statement. It's funny you didn't mention God or the bible in that but you mention it now in "your attempt" to try & win the argument. May I suggest you don't worry about my age and what I should know. But instead focus on your age and what you should know. I've nothing further to say on this thread.

Jordy86

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jan, 2019 03:57 PM

Mentioning God or Bible now... - well, you don't write answers when you set up an open discussion. Answers come along, and that is exactly what is happening

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Feb, 2019 12:17 PM

I suppose if you are seeking a wife for superficial purposes, then base her potential on whether or not she cleans house or can cook. I know of quite a few holy marriages where they don't fit the stereotypical picture of what duties each spouse should do. They are happy marriages, but they weren't based on housekeeping or cooking skills. In fact, the best marriages that I've encountered are ones that focus on God first, morals and values, virtues, and compatibility in lifestyles, goals, and beliefs.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Feb, 2019 12:20 PM

I suppose if you are seeking a wife for superficial purposes, then base her potential on whether or not she cleans house or can cook. I know of quite a few holy marriages where they don't fit the stereotypical picture of what duties each spouse should do. They are happy marriages, but they weren't based on housekeeping or cooking skills. In fact, the best marriages that I've encountered are ones that focus on God first, morals and values, virtues, and compatibility in lifestyles, goals, and beliefs.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Mar, 2019 11:21 AM

Cooking, cleaning and keeping aa nice home, are not all the qualities a man should look for in any Wife. In my opinion, there are much more important things to look far.

Many Single men can do all those things.

Page : 1 2