Author Thread: The "Just ask me" thing
Admin

The "Just ask me" thing
Posted : 19 Feb, 2019 05:33 AM

I've seen a lot of profiles where a guy will just stick in a photo and maybe answer some of the basics like do you smoke etc. but then they put "just ask me" or even random letters in all the categories that would tell us anything meaningful about him. Why?

And why should anyone try to contact a complete stranger with nothing to go on?

JamesEG

View Profile
History
The "Just ask me" thing
Posted : 19 Feb, 2019 11:39 AM

Good question. And, I think it applies to both men and women.

My guesses (and they are just guesses) is that some persons are reluctant to share much personal information initially, some don't want to take the time to do it or don't know what to put down, and some want to avoid putting something that would put someone off.

Personally, I put much information on my profile and would prefer all men and women to do the same.

View Profile
History
The "Just ask me" thing
Posted : 20 Feb, 2019 03:53 AM

Some men are visual creatures and aren't sensitive to a woman's requirement for anything other than a photo to bring about a conversation. What's enough for them (a photo) should be enough for you, or so they erroneously think.

View Profile
History
The "Just ask me" thing
Posted : 20 Feb, 2019 09:19 AM

A lot of woman do it too.... just without pics even.

View Profile
History
The "Just ask me" thing
Posted : 21 Feb, 2019 02:29 AM

Then move on to the next profile. Don't waste your time on one who's not making an effort on putting anything in their profile. They're just playing around; wanting to find out if theres anyone out there foolish enough to write them.

View Profile
History
The "Just ask me" thing
Posted : 23 Mar, 2019 12:05 AM

I ignore such profiles. I think anyone serious enough to meet someone must be able to invest time to write a few lines about themselves and at least share two photos of themselves.

rick130

View Profile
History
The "Just ask me" thing
Posted : 1 Jan, 2020 12:32 PM

I see a lot of women do the "just ask me" thing. What that tells me is they must not be serious enough to take the time to tell a little bit about themselves. I can't imagine how difficult it would be if we all had to ask a litany of questions in order to decide who we even wanted to talk to or not.