Author Thread: Men, brothers, why do you need a wife. Why do you want to marry?
Kateryna_1979

View Profile
History
Men, brothers, why do you need a wife. Why do you want to marry?
Posted : 19 Feb, 2019 12:52 PM

Each person is a full-fledged, self-contained person who can cope with everything and achieve everything he wants in life. If we can not cope at home, the au pair. We can hire a governess, cooks, housemaid. electrician, builder .... For this, I think I do not need a wife. And why do you still need a wife?

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Feb, 2019 02:23 PM

The spiritual man seeks to marry because he wants to have a hand in something surpassing his own self. By faith he comes to see how the marriage between a man and a woman is a fleeting illustration of an eternal truth; a subsidiary form of the relationship between Christ and his bride. The want of the man is a women; the need of the man is Christ.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Feb, 2019 09:21 AM

That's anti-biblical. Adam was self-contained, then God removed a portion of him to create Eve. Then they were a unit comprised of two parts, neither complete without the other.

IIAN

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Feb, 2019 04:21 PM

I'll tell you why. Because God made us that way. It is not good for man to be alone implies that it is good for man to be married as God's solution to man's aloneness was to provide him a wife.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Feb, 2019 02:37 AM

Of course you know the answer. Ask yourself this, " why do YOU want to marry?"

Kateryna_1979

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Feb, 2019 03:24 AM

Thank you for the answers and please reveal a deeper answer. I ask the depth of the question. If we are self-sufficient we can do everything in life, then why is the assistant to the man. Is it possible that a man couldn’t do something himself or he was little motivated by God in creation. How often, I will listen to the wife should inspire, support, motivate, help ... Really looking at the book being, for this, God created the Woman-Eve?What is your wife's need for?

Melissam871

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Feb, 2019 05:49 AM

So what about people who are called to be celibate by God? Does God not allow them to be self contained to allow them to cope with the temptations that married couples may not struggle with?

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Feb, 2019 08:43 AM

For most men woman are needed to motivate them to do.... anything. Take away female approval that and the possibility of that approval to lead to further prizes and you get leeches (I can say that, I have been that kind of zombie, it's hell) that play video games all week in their mother's basement. It's not just about physical fulfillment it's about having someone that believes you are more than you can believe yourself..... which is pretty much the only way to motivate anyone to keep going to a soul numbing job day in and day out and have society function at all.

There is a minority that can become consumed with some kind of calling but.... thankfully it is a minority otherwise there would be a LOT less babies.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Feb, 2019 02:12 PM

No male is fulfilled by himself, doing things for himself. The strength of a male is in what he can do for those he loves. Whether a man sets his heart on being one spirit with the Lord, or one body with a woman, the principle is the same. Companionship heartens a man's purpose because all of what a male can do is for the sake of his beloved (Christ and/or a wife) and not for himself.

Some men find their portion in the Lord, and others in a woman, but the male who lacks companionship is inadvertently rudderless.

Kateryna_1979

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Feb, 2019 03:18 PM

Very well said. A man makes for someone, the Lord or a woman. In the Garden of Eden, the Man worked perfectly without having a wife. And having a task from God. And he coped with it beautifully. When God made a woman. And God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female he made them.

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful and multiply, and replenish the earth, and possess it, and rule over the fish of the sea, and of the birds of the air, and of every animal that creeps on the earth. Tasks for men and women to dominate and rule on the earth ... These are our callings from God. I think we should work first of all for the sake of it and use all our dari and talents in order to fulfill our mission on earth. A man and a woman strengthen, encourage, help each other with acceptance, love, respect, inspiration to attain a vocation and a relationship with God. First place an ideal husband and an ideal wife should occupy God. The trouble came in the family of Adam and Eve. When they put the words of God in doubt. And I think the problem also came when Adam placed his wife above truth, above God.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Feb, 2019 09:44 AM

The problem is that scripture is not clear on WHY Adam also ate, the only thing that's clear is his half a excuse but again there probably was a lot more to that actual conversation than is recorded.

It could be true that he ate because he placed Eve above himself rather than placing her above God, that he willingly fell down to the level she had previously fallen.

Page : 1 2