Author Thread: Men, brothers, why do you need a wife. Why do you want to marry?
Kateryna_1979

View Profile
History
Men, brothers, why do you need a wife. Why do you want to marry?
Posted : 19 Feb, 2019 12:52 PM

Each person is a full-fledged, self-contained person who can cope with everything and achieve everything he wants in life. If we can not cope at home, the au pair. We can hire a governess, cooks, housemaid. electrician, builder .... For this, I think I do not need a wife. And why do you still need a wife?

Melissam871

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Feb, 2019 12:39 PM

He ate because he was just as bad as eve. He was not God, so of course he was not going to be able to resist as he wasn't looking to or focused on God when he was in that situation. He was focused on Eve and what she was doing. He clearly did not seem to want to miss out on the pleasure of eating the apple. People blame women and say its even that caused sin, but the truth you men are just as infallible as we are and I'm sorry but Adam is as much to blame as eve was. He could have said no as he had his own mind, but he made his choice in the same way she did.

Marcouse

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Apr, 2019 03:40 PM

Oh, if only I could find the right woman! My life would be unicorns & rainbows.

Self deception knows no bounds.

There are only 3 things a woman can do for a man.

1) Sex

2) Domestic comfort & companionship

3) Give them children

No man really cares about your job or qualifications and a woman can't help a mans problems only indulge them.

Obediencetotheword

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Apr, 2019 07:53 PM

This is an interesting topic and there are honest responses. But it reveals the disparities which may be the main reason why many marriages probably fail. Here is a revelation from a woman's desire to be married - she wants to be loved. "As Christ loved the church," was not a meaningless phrase. It is the deepest longing of a woman. She wants to be loved.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Apr, 2019 10:34 PM

This is a reply to Melissa. and is a tangent to the main question.

When I was a young man I thought marriage was to be 50/50; and I was grieved to read Ep 5. But I memorized that passage, and made it part of me. amen.

I was saved at 8 yrs old. At 12 yrs old, I personally didn't know the facts of life yet. But I remember one time at 12, when I had the thought that one day, I would meet a woman, who I would love enough that I would lay my life down for her. Ladies, did you ever have that thought? I have asked other men that question. I wasnt really taking a survey at it. some men said Yes they had that thought. Some said no. I'm thinking a Yes answer may have been connected to a Christian man. Yes, marriage is a picture of some larger thing: the Lord's love for his wife, even enough to lay his life down for her. That's a background answer for why I need a wife: God made me in his image when Christ came in me that love for a wife was pronounced. (not withstanding Cor 7) But all that is background to say to Melissa: I don't have any ax to grind: Adam and Eve were not equally in transgression:

Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. 15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Thanks to everyone for their thought-out and meaningful responses. It is encouraging.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Aug, 2019 05:43 AM

I want someone to make my breakfast

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Aug, 2019 05:44 AM

Women are better at making my breakfast. I think it's the seasoning they use

Page : 1 2