Author Thread: Gray hair?
Elliot777

View Profile
History
Gray hair?
Posted : 3 Mar, 2019 10:09 PM

Why do girls dye their hair when they are old? The bible says gray hair is a crown and specifically tells women to not vainly care about the way they look. So why does it seem that so many Christian women ignore the bible when it comes to their gray hair? Also it seems deceptive, if a person uses sun screen, exercises and dyes their hair, they could pretend to be younger then they are and trick a guy into dating them, when they have no ability to have children.

But while we're talking about it. Why do women with beautiful young natural hair dye their hair? It again seems deceptive. For a man who cares about what his children are going to look like, he doesn't even know what color hair they will have in the modern age?

Alligator

View Profile
History
Gray hair?
Posted : 3 Mar, 2019 10:54 PM

Blame the social media, the TV comercials, magazines and the movies. They go to great lengths to make sure you feel bad about yourself and Their product will solve all your problems. I have gray hair and leaving it as is.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Gray hair?
Posted : 5 Mar, 2019 12:32 AM

I can only speak for myself, I have grey highlights which I think ages me beyond my years, a few months ago I finally decided to dye my hair, I'm very happy with the results and just wish I'd done it sooner.

View Profile
History
Gray hair?
Posted : 5 Mar, 2019 07:41 AM

Grey hair is associated with wisdom due to advance age...no wonder be called a crown.... However even with dying the wisdom never goes so it's basically a choice. Personally I see no relationship btn hair n righteousness.

View Profile
History
Gray hair?
Posted : 5 Mar, 2019 10:11 PM

"Also it seems deceptive, if a person uses sun screen, exercises and dyes their hair..."

View Profile
History
Gray hair?
Posted : 9 Mar, 2019 07:54 PM

I used to dye my hair as a teenager and young adult, it was the 'cool' thing to do.

Since I've gained some wisdom and confidence, and understand God's Word a little deeper, I have chosen to age naturally and gracefully.

Makes life that little bit simpler. And also sets me apart as a 'weirdo'. But I'm mature enough to cope with that.

I think your sunscreen and exercise comments are a bit naiive, or at least not well thought out.

Sunscreen is supposedly used to preserve health not age. Personally I don't use it because of all the nasty chemicals, which you could say the same for hair dye too. There are natural alternatives which keep the skin healthy and less wrinkled.

Exercise comes in all shapes and forms. Depends on your motive for exercising. If it's to retain health then whats the problem? If it's because you idolize your body, then that becomes an issue.

View Profile
History
Gray hair?
Posted : 10 Mar, 2019 10:05 PM

It's called taking care of oneself and loving yourself. Vanity? Sure. It's not bad unless it disrupts ones relationship with others and with God. What matters is what's in the heart. But yeah, I've read of an instance when a man divorced his wife because their children were so ugly when he and his wife were supposedly good looking. Blame it on plastic surgery. So, if you're so concerned about that, then before marrying anyone, meet her family to find out if they resemble each other, as well as the children like nieces and nephews and offsprings if there's any. And don't blame exercise and sunscreens for looking good. It's just taking care of one's body. For sure you don't want to have skin cancer. Exercise is good for everyone. Who wants to die of a heart attack or complications from diabetes?

View Profile
History
Gray hair?
Posted : 12 Mar, 2019 07:04 PM

Hi Elliot- good question! I did finally let my white grow out, and could not believe how differently I was treated! I was suddenly offered senior menus, people thought I was 10 years older than I was (59), and when I started job hunting, I knew how much age discrimination there is out there for people 40 and over in the job market, so I colored it again. I hate that I have to do this- I loved it white! Advice from a hiring manager was to keep coloring it as long as we are in the job market. Afraid I'll have to.

Chioniso

View Profile
History
Gray hair?
Posted : 29 Mar, 2019 06:59 AM

I dont think there is any thing wrong with dying or making up for the sake of improving our appearances. You men whatever your judgement is, we will not stop improving our appearances for its the first thing that attracts you. As women of God we should also keep our out appearances cute. We are really blessed.

Marcouse

View Profile
History
Gray hair?
Posted : 20 Apr, 2019 03:20 PM

I don't think exercising is deceptive, I'm all for people looking after themselves whoever they are.

Sunscreen is pretty sensible too and it doesn't take long for the roots to show on dyed hair.

If you are worried about age lies you could always find an excuse to compare drivers licences or passports. Say you have a think about comical passport pictures or something.

View Profile
History
Gray hair?
Posted : 25 Apr, 2019 09:43 PM

Why am I here reading this post?

Page : 1 2