Author Thread: Sabbath 3/16/19 Seventh Day Baptist Pastor Keith sermon “Be Perfect”
WaitingForJesus

View Profile
History
Sabbath 3/16/19 Seventh Day Baptist Pastor Keith sermon “Be Perfect”
Posted : 16 Mar, 2019 11:40 AM

Sabbath 3/16/19 Seventh Day Baptist Pastor Keith sermon “Be Perfect” Matthew 5:43-48

====================================================================================================

Be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect. Most of us think perfectness is being sinless because we all have sinned. The Bible says we can be perfect in the Lord. The theology of the donut says that the most popular donut is the glazed donut. The theology also says that after eating a donut, the only thing left is the hole. Just like there is more to a donut than the hole. There is more to being perfect.

Perfect = Hebrews 5:12-14- this scripture says solid food is for the mature, grown up, responsible, reliable, dependable person. Jesus is saying we should be like this, perfect like God. Loving your enemies, praying for your persecutors is growing up. It’s being like a grown up and being mature.

We are reconciled to God by Jesus Christ. God loved us when we were His enemies so we should be like God and love our enemies. God is Merciful and Jesus said be merciful like our Father. God is Holy so be we should be holy like our God. We need to grow and learn to be like God our Father.

We, like little children, should mimic God our Father. Scripture teaches us that God is our Father and we honor Him by acting like He does.

We need to get the trait of Servanthood. A person who is truly grown up and mature has this quality of servanthood. We should want to be a contributing member of God’s family and the community. We should be helping to pick up things like a magnet does. Just like mothers pick up/take care of things just like a magnet does. Jesus came to be a servant and to give His life for the salvation of the world. Jesus set an example the night He was betrayed when He washed the disciple’s feet. This was an example of how they should be servants to others.

You and I might be the only Jesus that someone sees, so we should be a light and a servant to others. The more time we spend looking at God, the more growing up we do to be like God. Then the more His name will be glorified in our lives. Thank God for Jesus and His examples of how to behave in God’s Kingdom.

AMEN

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Mar, 2019 04:57 PM

If God had bot inspired Moses to write Deuteronomy 9:10 we never would have known that God wrote the 10 commandments on stone tablets. And then God inspired Moses to write what was written on the stone tablets.

When Jesus put an end to all sacrifices and offerings for sin He completed the Father's command that without the shedding of blood there is no atonement for sin. Jesus then eliminated the need for OT laws for hundreds of animal sacrifices for sins and hundreds of OT laws were no longer needed for the priests who sacrificed animals for the peoples sins and then there was no longer any need for a temple and its many laws which Jesus prophesied would be destroyed within one generation which took place in AD 70. And almost 2,000 years later there are still no need for animal sacrifices for sin Since Jesus made the full Atonement for sins!!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Mar, 2019 11:24 PM

@Little David and Prophetic;

Actually I do believe the words of Christ. No offense intended, but I'm not the one reading just part of that verse (Matt 5:17) ya'll are and then filling in the rest with man made doctrine. Notice the verse says "until heaven and earth pass away". Not the Temple, Not the commonwealth of Israel. Not Jesus himself. Ya'll added that with the doctrine you've been taught and ignore what the Scripture actually says. Just looked out the window; I see heaven and earth are still here.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Mar, 2019 01:49 AM

Allow me.

I just wanna help.

Jesus said heaven and earth won’t pass away til all are fulfilled, >All< have not been fulfilled as I indicated above. I was sooooo carful to aviod confusing you but I guess I should write bigger

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Mar, 2019 05:45 AM

**IS JESUS OUR GREAT GOD AND SAVIOR**??

John 20:27-29: Then He said to Thomas, "Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe!" Thomas said to him, "My Lord and **MY GOD**!" Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen Me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed!"

Isaiah 9:6: For unto us a Child is born, to us a Son is given, and the government will be on His shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful Counselor and **MIGHTY GOD**!

Isaiah 7:14: The Lord Himself will give you a sign. The virgin will conceive and give birth to a Son, and will call Him **IMMANUEL**! {Which means **GOD WITH US**!}

Matthew 1:20-23: The angel of the Lord said to Joseph, "Take Mary home as your wife because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She is to give birth to a Son, and you are to give Him the name Jesus which means **GOD IS HELP**, because He will save His people from their sins. All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet {Isaiah 7:14 above} "The virgin will conceive and give birth to a Son, and they will call Him **IMMANUEL** which means **GOD WITH US**!

John 1:18: No one has ever seen God, but the One and only Son, who is **HIMSELF GOD** and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made Him known!

John 14:6,7: Jesus says, "I am the **WAY** the **TRUTH** and the **LIFE**. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you really knew Me, you will know the Father as well. From now on, you do know Him and have **SEEN HIM**!"

**GOD'S WORD COMMANDS THAT WE SHOULD ONLY WORSHIP GOD**!!

Matthew 4:9,10: Satan said to Jesus, "All this I will give you if you bow down and worship me." Jesus said to him, Away from Me Satan! For it is written, '**WORSHIP THE LORD YOUR GOD** and serve Him only!

Revelation 19:9,10: The angel said to me, "Write this: **BLESSED** are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the **LAMB**!" And he added, "These are the true words of God!" At this I fell at his feet to **WORSHIP** him, But he said to me, "Don't do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers and sisters who hold to the testimony of Jesus! **WORSHIP GOD**! For it is the spirit of prophecy who bears testimony to Jesus!"

Revelation 22:8,9: I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me. But he said to me, "**DON'T DO THAT** A am a fellow servant with you and with your fellow prophets and with all who **KEEP THE WORDS** of this scroll. **WORSHIP GOD**!!

Hebrews 1:6,8: When God brings His firstborn into the world He says, "Let all God's angels **WORSHIP HIM**.... About the Son He says, "Your throne, **O GOD**, will last for ever and ever, a scepter of justice will be the scepter of **YOUR KINGDOM**!"

Matthew 28:18-20: Jesus says, "**ALL AUTHORITY**in heaven and on earth has been given to **ME**. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always!"

**JESUS CHRIST, OUR GREAT GOD AND SAVIOR**

Jesus is **WORSHIPED** many times in God's Word in Matthew 2:2,8,11; 14:33; 28:9,17 Luke 24:52 John 9:38 and Revelation 5:14 and !5:4!!

Matthew 2:10,11: When the Wise Men saw the star, they were overjoyed. On coming to the house, they saw the Child with His mother Mary, and they bowed down and **WORSHIPED HIM**!

Matthew 14:33; Then those who were in the boat **WORSHPED HIM**!!

Matthew 28:8,9: So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell His disciples. Suddenly Jesus met them. "Greetings," He said. They came to Him, clasped His feet and **WORSHIPED HIM**!

Matthew 28:16,17: Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When the saw Him, they **WORSHIPED HIM**!

There are some who completely ignore these Scriptures and claim that Jesus is not God because he said that the Father is greater than me in John 14:28 and that the Father told Him what to say as per John 14:23,24: Jesus says, "Anyone who loves Me will obey My teaching. My Father will love them, and We will come to them and make our home with them. Anyone who does not love Me will not obey My teaching. The words you hear are not My own; they belong to the Father who sent Me."

John 9:37,38: Jesus said, "You have now seen Him; in fact, He is the one speaking with you!" Then the man said, "Lord, I believe," and he **WORSHIPED HIM**!

NOTE: Jesus is called the **LAMB** 30 times in the book of Revelation!

Revelation 5:13,14: Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, an all that is In them, saying "To Him who sits on the throne and to the **LAMB** be praise and honor and glory and power for ever and ever!" The 4 living creatures said, "Amen," and the elders fell down and **WORSHIPED**!

Revelation 17:14; They will wage war against the **LAMB**, but the **LAMB** will overcome them because He is **LORD** of lords and King of kings--and with Him will be **HIS** **CALLED**, *CHOSEN** and **FAITHFUL** followers!!

Titus 2:13,14: We wait for the **BLESSED HOPE**--the glorious appearing of our **GREAT GOD AND SAVIOR**, Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify a people that are **HIS VERY OWN**, eager to do what is good!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Mar, 2019 05:09 PM

My rest is in Messiah not the Sabbath.

Matthew 11

28"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. 29"Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. 30"For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

LaughterIsGoodMedici

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2019 02:03 AM

Good rest

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Mar, 2019 12:09 PM

To everyone commenting here: If we agree Matthew 5:17 means the Shabbat is still applicable and was instituted to as a shadow of Y'shua then why do you not observe it in memory of him? Sure the reality has come, but did Y'shua teach to cast off the literal instructions of God and instead keep them spiritually? What points forward can also point back and forward again. The millennial reign of Messiah is also a type of Shabbat!

Those who discard the Shabbat how is this different from what Y'shua told the Jews? 'You void the clear instructions of God in order to keep the instructions of man'.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Mar, 2019 03:40 PM

**SHOULD WE WORSHIP OUR LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST**??

Jesus is called **GOD** 7 times in God's Word and is called **LORD** over 200 times in the New Testament, and is **WORSHIPED** 12 times in the New Testament, and God's Word tells us to only **WORSHIP GOD** as per Revelation 22:8,9! While the holy spirit is never called **GOD** or **LORD** in God's Word and is **NEVER WORSHIPED** in God's Word!!

And in Hebrews 1:1-3,6,8; Paul is inspired to write: "In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days He has spoken to us by His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, and through whom He made the universe. The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of His being, sustaining all things by His powerful word... God says, "Let all God's angels **WORSHIP HIM**!!" and about His Son God says, "Your throne, **O GOD** will last for ever and ever!!"

Revelation 5:11-14: Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands and 10 thousand times 10 thousand. In a loud voice they were saying: "Worthy is the **LAMB**, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!" Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and under the earth and on the sea and all that is in them, saying: "To Him who sits on the throne and to the **LAMB** be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!" The 4 living creatures said, "Amen," and the elders fell down and **WORSHIPED**! {Why was the holy spirit not **WORSHIPED ALONG WITH JESUS AND THE FATHER**}

The **WORSHIP** of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ can also be found in Matthew 2:2,8,11; 14:33; 28:9,17 Luke 24:52 and John 9:38!! The worship of the holy spirit can not be found in God's Word!

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Mar, 2019 06:44 AM

**ONLY JESUS **BAPTIZES WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT** TO ALL THE FATHER HAS CHOSEN WHILE THE LIVING WORD OF GOD IS PREACHED OR READ**!!

Mark 1:7-8: John the Baptist said, "After me comes the One more powerful than I, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down an untie. I baptize with water but **HE WILL BAPTIZE YOU WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT**!"

John 1:32-34: Then John gave this testimony: "I saw the spirit come down from heaven as a dove and remain on Him, but the One who sent me to baptize with water told me, 'The man on whom you see the spirit come down and remain is the One who will **BAPTIZE WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT**.' I have seen and testify that this is God's Chosen One."

John 7:38-39: Jesus says, "Whoever believes in Me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow within them!" By this He meant the spirit, whom those who believed in Him were later to receive. Up to that time the spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.

Jesus would not be glorified until he died, rose from the dead and ascended to heaven. Only then would he be glorified and only then would he "**BAPTIZE WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT**. Peter's words on Pentecost support this.

John 16:12-15: Jesus says, "I have much more to say to, more than you can now bear. But when he, the spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all the truth. **HE WILL NOT SPEAK ON HIS OWN**, he will only speak what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will glorify Me because it is **FROM ME** that he will receive what he will make known to you. All that belongs to the Father is Mine. That is why I said the spirit will **RECEIVE **FROM ME** WHAT HE WILL MAKE KNOWN TO YOU**!!"

Note: Jesus Christ is called the **LAMB** 30 times in the book of Revelation and the holy spirit is called the **7 SPIRITS** 4 times in Revelation:

Revelation 3:1: Jesus says, "These are the words of Him who **HOLDS** the **7 SPIRITS OF GOD**!" {See John 16:12-15 below!}

Revelation 4:5: In front of the {Father's} **THRONE** 7 lamps were blazing. These are the **7 SPIRITS OF GOD**.

Revelation 5:6: The **LAMB** had 7 horns and 7 eyes which are the **7 SPIRITS OF GOD** sent out into all the earth! {See John 16:12-15 above}

And so Jesus **HOLDS** the 7 spirits of God or holy spirit which **HE SENDS** out into all the earth when He **BAPTIZES WITH THE HOLY SPIRIY OR 7 SPIRITS OF GOD** all the new converts whom the Father has chosen!

Revelation 3:1,14;19-21: Jesus says, "These are the words of Him who holds the 7 spirits of God... These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true Witness, the Ruler of God's creation... Those whom I love I discipline. So be earnest and repent. Here I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I {MY SPIRIT} will come in and eat with him and he with Me. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with Me on **MY THRONE**, just as I overcame and sat down with **MY FATHER ON HIS THRONE**!! These are the **ONLY 2 THRONES** in the eternal New Jerusalem as per Revelation 22:3 below!!!

Revelation 22:3:: The **THRONE OF GOD** and of the **LAMB**will be in the City {In our Eternal Home in the New Jerusalem}

Revelation 21:22-23: I did not see a temple in the City, because the Lord God Almighty and the **LAMB** are its temple. The City does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light and the **LAMB** is its Lamp!!

It is interesting to note that the holy spirit or 7 spirits are not even mentioned once in the description of our eternal home in the New Jerusalem in Revelation 21:1-27 and Revelation 22::1-5, and that there will be only **2 THRONES** for the Father and Jesus the **LAMB** in the eternal New Jerusalem!!

Acts 1:4,5,8: Jesus said to 120 saints, "Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the **GIFT** My Father promised, which you have heard Me speak about. For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be **BAPTIZED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT**!"... You will receive **POWER** when the holy spirit comes on you; and you will be **MY WITNESSES**, in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth!"

Acts 2:1-3: When the Day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. They saw what seemed like tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. All of them were filled with the holy spirit! These 120 saints as per Acts 1:13, were already **BORN AGAIN**!

Acts 10:44-46: While Peter was speaking these words {The Word of God in Acts 10:34-43} the holy spirit came on all who heard the message The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished that the **GIFT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT** had been poured out on the Gentiles. For they heard them speaking in tongues and praising God.

Acts 11:15-16: Peter said as I was speaking the word of God, the holy spirit came on them as he had come on us. Then I remembered what the Lord Jesus had said {In Acts 1:5} "John baptized with water but you will be **BAPTIZED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT**!"

I Peter 1:23; For you have been **BORN AGAIN**, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, **THROUGH THE LIVING AND ENDURING WORD OF GOD**!

John 6:37,39,44,65: Jesus says, "**ALL** that the Father gives Me **WILL** come to Me, and whoever comes to Me I will **NEVER** drive away... And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that I shall **LOSE NONE** of all that He has given Me, but raise them up at the Last Day.... No one can come to Me **UNLESS** the Father who sent Me **DRAWS HIM**, and I will raise him up at the Last Day!!... No one can come to Me **UNLESS** the Father has **ENABLED THEM**!!"

So John the Baptist baptized with water but only **JESUS BAPTIZES WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT** as per Matthew 3:11, Mark 1:7-8, Luke 3:16 and John 1:33!!

**SO ONLY JESUS **BAPTIZES WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT** TO ALL THE FATHER HAS CHOSEN WHILE THE LIVING WORD OF GOD IS PREACHED AND READ**

After you are **BORN AGAIN** when **JESUS BAPTIZES OR IMMERSES YOU WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT** the you will want to obey all of God's approximately 400 New covenant commands. One of these commands is to be immersed or baptized with water to show that you have been **BAPTIZED AN IMMERSED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT BY JESUS**! When we go down into the waters of baptism and then emerge from the water, it is symbolic of our being **IMMERSED WITH CHRIST**, and then rising to new life.

Page : 1 2