Author Thread: Long distance relationships.
Admin

Long distance relationships.
Posted : 22 Mar, 2019 11:54 PM

What’re your thoughts on long distance relationships? Are they feasible and would you consider one?

LaughterIsGoodMedici

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2019 01:04 AM

Yes

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Mar, 2019 12:00 PM

In long distance relationships certain things have to considered. Do you have the finances for your travel and upkeep and accommodation? How many times do you want to visit before you say 'I do'. Do you have the time and how long do plan on staying on each visit?

VirginiaMom

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Mar, 2019 06:31 PM

I don't think they work.

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Mar, 2019 06:00 AM

Some do, but you have to work overtime.

Chioniso

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Mar, 2019 05:41 AM

There are a number of things to be considered first in the relationship.

- Note that in most cases what is portrayed on a picture is different from physical appearance,

- After first meeting one needs some space to decide either to go on in the relationship or not

- The two of you should see each other often to get used to each other then fall in love and "I do" and etc.

Hence I dont think long distance relationships work.

Infact you end up loosing money and precious time unfruitfully. Moreover how many times can one repeat that same process.

Kimjungeun

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Apr, 2019 01:05 PM

Yes they are feasible 🙂. There are already families from long distance relationships so won't doubt.

It just really need two people who's willing to work it out.

Time, pressure, finances, and most especially trust.

Chioniso

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Apr, 2019 03:43 AM

I just wonder if those successful relationships were genuine. Because in all the relationships I had on this site, well communication was okay but then comes time to visit, the guy is always asking me to send half of the plane ticket cost. That is always making me suspect them to be scammers. I just dont know how to handle that stage of sending monies. Because what if I send the money and he disappears.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Apr, 2019 07:27 PM

I believe a long distance relationship can work, if they People involved wants it to work. Of course, you have to meet in person. Sfter meeting discuss if you would like the relationship to move forward and if so make plans to do that.

It takes two serious minded people.

Moncafe

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Apr, 2019 10:35 PM

I believe it is possible, however a bit tricky/difficult. There will be so much to consider like travel money and time, finding the time of day to communicate via online, trusting each other in the midst of the distance, etc... So many things to consider, but no one ever promised that things that are worth it will always be easy. Most often they are not, and relationship in itself is complicated enough without the distance. So no doubt, it's gonna be hard. But when you make it through, and the day of I dos arrive, it will be worth it. It is better to wait and marry right, than to choose convenience and marry wrong.

RayAnne77

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Apr, 2019 06:13 PM

As others have mentioned, it's quite tricky. You spend all this time getting to know someone, only to meet them in person and realise, there's no chemistry, or the person is not as committed to Christ as you thought etc. But the travel is fun, if you have the means and time for it. It's an opportunity for me to see new places, and have someone show me around. Long distance for me now is about enjoying the journey, not just the destination. I've developed a simple philosophy from experience: meet someone first before investing in a long distance relationship.

Page : 1 2