Author Thread: World Moral Standards
Moonlight7

View Profile
History
World Moral Standards
Posted : 23 Apr, 2019 04:40 PM

With many people today, anything goes, whatever makes you happy and feel good just do it.

Unfortunately, the World is not conforming to God's Word.

If you want to know about sexuality, read the Bible..

Alligator

View Profile
History
World Moral Standards
Posted : 23 Apr, 2019 08:37 PM

The moral standards of the world go far beyond sex...it involves abortion, hate, animal and child abuse, beating and hurting those weaker than the strongest among us.... it is endless. In the Bible, these things are all apparent. One of my preachers said one Sunday, "think of the most horrific terrible sin you can think of that you believe no one else could ever imagine." Then he said Nothing is new..whatever you thought of has been done. That is why God approved of wars, destroyed many nations, why Jesus had to die.... nothing you can think of is new. That really struck my mind, and I think he was correct. The world today is just as filthy, hateful and sinful as the world when it was first made.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
World Moral Standards
Posted : 25 Apr, 2019 06:37 AM

Admit our helplesness to God.

Confess any sins. fears , unbelief, ot self reliance.

Turn your Gase towards God.

Fill your mind and heart with God's Word.

Trust God and wait upon Him to change you from inside out . 🙏

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
World Moral Standards
Posted : 26 Apr, 2019 07:18 PM

I think there’s good reason to believe our immoral/moral choices often dictate the religion or philosophy we select.

For example, if someone decides to engage in theft, he will probably choose a religion that allows him to ask forgiveness **before** he steals!! Yes, there is such a religion!! This way, he can “believe in God” and steal at the same time.

Or, the thief might select a none-condemning secular philosophy that permits him to steal without the need to confess guilt.

View Profile
History
World Moral Standards
Posted : 18 Jul, 2019 08:32 AM

Or even a secular religion which allows their flock to repeatedly commit the SAME sin over and over and over again, just ask for absolution each time ... ? Clearly they have no understanding of the meaning of the word "Repent"

Repent; Literally, “a change of mind” or attitude, and thus of behavior. God is the author of repentance, which is an integral part of baptism, confession, and ongoing spiritual life. Repentance is not simply sorrow for sins but a firm determination to turn away from sin to a new life of righteousness in Jesus Christ. (See Ezekiel 18:31; Matthew 4:17; II Peter 3:9; I John 1:9.)

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
World Moral Standards
Posted : 1 Aug, 2019 10:01 AM

Exactly!