Author Thread: Faith and ocd/depression
bolz71772

View Profile
History
Faith and ocd/depression
Posted : 1 May, 2019 01:41 PM

I was saved and now im not going to church becasue of ocd/depression and i just seem to get back on track.i think eventually im gonna need deep brain stimulation surgery i hate feeling this way but im doing it to myself.

View Profile
History
Faith and ocd/depression
Posted : 5 May, 2019 11:53 AM

In past like year ago I had been diagnosed with same and add a few things more. A professional Dr psychiatrist helped me. Yes was on meds helped and went to church helped. Now I am not on meds, I dropped it and continue to go to church. I started reading bible more. Once in a while get down but get moving and cancel that spirit. Stay busy in fun loving things.

Marcouse

View Profile
History
Faith and ocd/depression
Posted : 27 May, 2019 04:32 PM

Feeling down now and again is perfectly normal, it's not natural to be happy all the time no matter what the media says.

Whatever you do don't let anyone tamper with your brain and avoid meds.

Turn off your phone, router and electrical items when you go to bed. Make sure you have a decent diet, don't get dehydrated and do some exercise.

5G masts have already been activated, there are things you can do to help nullify the effects but you will have to look them up.

I was having problems last year, poor sleep, agitation and general unease. Sorted it myself with a lot of research and experimentation, took a whole year though.

Just because I feel ok now doesn't mean somethings not out to get me, I just know what I'm dealing with now.

End times....

View Profile
History
Faith and ocd/depression
Posted : 5 Jun, 2019 05:12 PM

We know King David suffered from depression. He enlisted the minstrels to play and sing, to soothe him in those times. The Lord gave me that word four years ago to deliver me from depression. MUSIC! PRAISE! And you can add: WORSHIP, PRAYER, MEDIATION, and REST. I pray that you seek the Lord! You are always within His reach, like Peter on the water. 🙏💪

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Faith and ocd/depression
Posted : 3 Oct, 2019 02:49 AM

Being saved doesn't make us immune from illness, take it one step at a time focus on your relationship with God, not wether you're going into a church or not.

Quiznos

View Profile
History
Faith and ocd/depression
Posted : 1 Mar, 2020 04:18 AM

Psalm 42 & 43

Depression is the result of not believing what GOD Almighty reveals about Himself to us, when the enemy assails us with thoughts contrary to the revealed character, attitude and personality of GOD Himself.

View Profile
History
Faith and ocd/depression
Posted : 1 Mar, 2020 06:39 AM

Depression is not always a result of not trusting God. There are so many variables in life. Have you had a medical checkup lately?

Quiznos

View Profile
History
Faith and ocd/depression
Posted : 1 Mar, 2020 09:13 AM

Grace,do you believe the scriptures, or what doctors of the world tell you.

Loree7

View Profile
History
Faith and ocd/depression
Posted : 1 Mar, 2020 10:54 AM

Charles Spurgeon a great preacher was well known as struggling with depression. Depression isn't always a spiritual problem. Sometimes it is a physical problem and sometimes a hormonal problem. I would seek Godly counsel. There are biblical counselors and Christian doctors that can be of help. Charles Spurgeon would walk through nature and see God's greatest as a means to not allow depression to overwhelm him. Some people find a dietary change relieves it, and others find serving others and reaching out helps. Keep contending.