Posted : 17 May, 2019 05:50 AM

Colossians 2 chapter -

Not Legalism but Christ

NKJV

View Profile
History
Not Philosophy but Christ
Posted : 21 May, 2019 03:44 PM

Prophetic; I asked 3 simple questions. I read your very long post and rather than answer any, you just went on the attack. Therefore:

I'll narrow it down to ONE question:

<> Can you prove Paul had the authority to change the Law? <>

Awaiting your answer.....

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 May, 2019 07:31 PM

@Prophetic;

Still awaiting your answer......

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 May, 2019 10:45 AM

@Prophetic

Still patiently awaiting your answer......

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 May, 2019 01:26 PM

*SAD*lup asks: Can you prove Paul had the authority to change the Law?

Acts 26:16-18: Jesus said to Paul, "I have appeared to you to **APPOINT YOU** as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen and will see of Me. I will rescue from your own people {the Jews} and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in Me!"

Acts 22:14,15: Ananias said to Paul, "The God of our ancestors has **CHOSEN YOU** to **KNOW HIS WILL** and to see the Righteous One and to hear words from His mouth. You will be His witness to all people of what you have seen and heard!"

Colossians 1:25,26: : Paul said, "I have become its servant by the commission God gave to me to present to you the **WORD OF GOD IN ALL ITS FULLNESS**--the mystery that has **KEPT HIDDEN** for ages but is **NOW** disclosed to the Lord's people!"

Acts 27; Paul said, "I have not hesitated to proclaim to you the **WHOLE WILL OF GOD**!"

2 Peter 3:15,16: Bear in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the **WISDOM THAT GOD GAVE TO HIM** He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things which are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people {Like *SAD*lup} distort, as they do other Scriptures, to their own destruction!!

Acts 26:16-18: Jesus said to Paul, "I have appeared to you to APPOINT YOU** as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen and will see of Me. I will rescue from your own people {the Jews} and from the Gentiles. I am sending yoi to themto open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in Me!"

Acts 22:14,15: Ananias said to Paul, "The God of our ancestors has **CHOSEN YOU** to **KNOW HIS WILL** and to see the Righteous One and to hear words from His mouth. You will be His witness to all people of what you have seen and heard!"

Colossians 1:25,26: : Paul said, "I have become its servant by the commission God gave to me to present to you the **WORD OF GOD IN ALL ITS FULLNESS**--the mystery that has **KEPT HIDDEN** for ages but is **NOW** disclosed to the Lord's people!"

Acts 27; Paul said, "I have not hesitated to proclaim to you the **WHOLE WILL OF GOD**!"

2 Peter 3:15,16: Bear in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the **WISDOM THAT GOD GAVE TO HIM** He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things which are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people {Like *SAD*lup} distort, as they do other Scriptures, to their own destruction!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 May, 2019 01:29 PM

ANOTHER RIDICULOUS QUOTE BY **SAD*lup:

"Because you post; "Colossians 2 chapter - Not Legalism but Christ NKJV" I assume you are targeting Colossians 2:16-17. Therefore this is where I'll focus. Remember this Pauline letter is written to Gentiles, not to Jews.{???} Gentiles were not given the Jewish Feasts, New Moon celebrations or Shabbat. Therefore for them their observance is optional as it always has been. Jews on the other hand should still follow these instructions even while believing in Messiah."

Actually Colossians was written to all born again believers in the laws of Christ as per:

Colossians 1:2: To God's **HOLY PEOPLE** in Colossae, the **FAITHFUL BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN CHRIST!!

Galatians 3:23-25: "Before faith came, we were held prisoners by the {**OT**} law, locked up until faith should be revealed. So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. Now that faith has come, *WE* ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF THE {**OT**} LAW!!"

*WE* ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF THE LAW!!

Galatians 2:14-16,20,21; 3:2,5,10-13;23-25: Paul said, When I saw that they were not acting in line with the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter in front of them all, "You are a Jew, yet you live like a Gentile and not like a Jew. How is it, then that you force Gentiles to follow Jewish customs? We who are Jews by birth and not 'Gentile sinners' know that a man is NOT justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.!"

Galatians 2:20,21: The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"

Galatians 3:10-13: "All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law." Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, "The righteous will live by faith." The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, "The man who does these things will live by them." Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us!

Galatians 3:23-25: "Before faith came, we were held prisoners by the law, locked up until faith should be revealed. So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. Now that faith has come, *WE* ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF THE LAW!!"

So lets quote God's Word in Hebrews which even *SAD*lup believes was written to Jewish believers in Jesus!!

Hebrews 7:18,19: The former regulation is SET ASIDE because it was weak and useless; for the law made nothing perfect, and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God.!

Hebrews 8:8,9,13: "The time is coming." says the Lord, "when I will make a New Covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah".... By calling this Covenant "NEW", He has made the first one OBSOLETE; and what is OBSOLETE and aging will soon disappear."

Hebrews 8:6: But the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which He is Mediator is SUPERIOR TO THE OLD ONE, and it is founded on better promises.

Colossians 2:16,17: Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you **EAT** or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a *SHADOW* of the things that were to come, the reality, however, is found in Christ!!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2019 03:09 PM

@Prophetic;

Can I now assume since you have exhausted your cut and paste the answer is NO, you cannot prove Paul had the authority to change the Law?

Nothing you cut and pasted proves Paul had the authority to change the Law. What is hilarious (but sad) is you quote Paul as evidence who is the one in question!

You clearly have turned the Bible into an idol just as the Jews did with the bronze serpent.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2019 06:42 PM

**DOES GOD'S WORD SAY THAT *ADDING** OR **TAKING WORDS** AWAY FROM GOD'S WORD IS A SIN**??

John 14:21-24: Jesus says, "Whoever has My commands and keeps them is the one who loves Me... Anyone who loves Me will obey My teaching, My Father will love them, and We will come to them and make Our home with them.. Anyone who does not love Me will not obey My teaching. These words you hear are not My own; they belong to the Father who sent Me!" {See Deut 18:17-19 above}

Acts 5:32: We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given **TO THOSE WHO OBEY HIM**!"

Luke 6:46-49: Jesus says, "As for everyone who comes to Me and hears **MY WORDS** and **PUTS THEM INTO PRACTICE**. I will show you what they are like. They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid foundation on rock. When the flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. But the one who hears **MY WORDS** and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete!"

I Peter 1:23-25: You have been **BORN AGAIN THROUGH THE LIVING AND ENDURING **WORD OF GOD**!! All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field, the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the **WORD OF THE LORD STANDS FOREVER**. And this is the **WORD** that was preached to you.

Matthew 24:35: Jesus says, Heaven and earth will pass away, but **MY WORDS WILL NEVER PASS AWAY**!"

I John 2:3-5: We know we have come to know Him {Jesus} if we obey His commands. The man who says, "I know Him," but does not do what He commands is a liar and the truth is not in him. But if anyone **OBEYS HIS WORD**, God's love is truly made complete in him!

Matthew 4:4: Jesus says, "Man does not live on bread alone, but on **EVERY WORD FROM THE MOUTH OF GOD**!"

Luke 8:15: Jesus says, "But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the **WORD**, retain it, and by perseverance produce a crop."

John 17:17: Jesus prays to His Father, "Sanctify them by the Truth, **YOUR WORD IS TRUTH**!"

Acts 20:32: Paul says, "Now I commit you to God and to the **WORD OF HIS GRACE**, which can build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified!"

Romans 10:17: Consequently, **FAITH COMES FROM HEARING THE MESSAGE**, and the message is heard **THROUGH THE WORD OF CHRIST**!

James 1:18; He chose to give us **BIRTH THROUGH THE WORD** of Truth!!

I Corinthians 15:2: By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the **WORD** preached to you. Otherwise you have believed in vain!

2 Corinthians 4:2: We do not use deception, nor do we distort the **WORD OF GOD**!

Ephesians 1:13: You also were included in Christ **WHEN** you heard the **WORD** of Truth, the gospel of your salvation.

Ephesians 2:17: Take the sword of the Spirit, which is the **WORD OF GOD**!

Colossians 1:25: I have become its servant by the commission God gave to me to present to you the **WORD OF GOD IN ALL ITS FULLNESS**!

Colossians 3:16: Let the **WORD OF CHRIST** dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom!

I Thessalonians 2:13: We thank God continually because, when you received the **WORD OF GOD**, which you heard from us, you received it not as the word of men, but as it actually is, the **WORD OF GOD**!

Acts 17:11,12: Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and **EXAMINED THE SCRIPTURES EVERY DAY**... As a result many of them believed!!

Psalm 118:147,148: I rise before dawn and cry for help; I have put my hope in **YOUR WORD**! My eyes stay open through the watches of the night, that I might meditate on **YOUR PROMISES**!!

2 Timothy 2:15: Do your best to present yourselves to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who **CORRECTLY HANDLES THE WORD ** of truth!

2 Timothy 3:15,16: 4:1,2: You have known the **HOLY SCRIPTURES**, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. **ALL SCRIPTURE IS GOD-BREATHED** and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of His appearing and His kingdom, I give you this charge: **PREACH THE WORD**!! {**WHICH IS THE ENTIRE NEW COVENANT AND NEW TESTAMENT**!!}

**DOES GOD"S WORD SAY THAT **ADDING** OR **TAKING WORD'S AWAY** FROM GOD's WORD IS AN UMPARDONABLE SIN**??

Revelation 22:16,18,19: "I, Jesus. have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the Churches.... I warn everyone who hears the **WORDS OF THE PROPHECY OF THIS BOOK**: If anyone **ADDS** {Like the RC popes} anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this Book {Including **ETERNAL HELL**} And if anyone **TAKES WORDS AWAY** {Like the RC popes} from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the Tree of Life and in the Holy City {The New Jerusalem}, which are described in this book."

THE GREAT COMMISSION: Matthew 28:18-20: Jesus says, “All authority in heaven and on ***EARTH*** has been given to Me {Not some RC Pope}. Therefore go and make disciples of *ALL NATIONS*...teaching them to **OBEY EVERYTHING** I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very *END OF THE AGE*!”

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2019 07:33 PM

Prophetic:

"**DOES GOD'S WORD SAY THAT *ADDING** OR **TAKING WORDS** AWAY FROM GOD'S WORD IS A SIN**?? "

Does this mean you and Paul are in sin?

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2019 07:36 PM

Prophetic:

"John 14:21-24: Jesus says, "Whoever has My commands and keeps them is the one who loves Me... Anyone who loves Me will obey My teaching, My Father will love them, and We will come to them and make Our home with them.. Anyone who does not love Me will not obey My teaching. These words you hear are not My own; they belong to the Father who sent Me!" {See Deut 18:17-19 above}"

Obey whose words??? Paul's??? Where does it say that in this verse???

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2019 07:38 PM

"Acts 5:32: We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given **TO THOSE WHO OBEY HIM**!""

Prophetic: Obey WHO??? Paul??? Is this what this verse says???

Page : 1 2 3