Author Thread: Any Virgin Women left in America?
oregonsben

View Profile
History
Any Virgin Women left in America?
Posted : 27 May, 2019 02:37 PM

Hard to find any. The Bible does place a high importance on the Marrying a virgin women though. Are parents failing these days? I think we all know the answer to this : )

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jun, 2019 05:27 AM

They generally wisely hide away from common crowds probably, best way to stay pure and away from peer pressure.

Guessing obviously.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Sep, 2019 05:46 PM

The answer to your question is "Yes". However, it's unfair to only discuss the virginity of females in the USA without also holding males to the same standard. Although parenting is a factor, it's certainly not the only one to consider. You also have to take into account the hypersexualization of society that's been occurring in American pop culture since the early 1960's - among other things. But, in my opinion, the biggest reason more young people aren't remaining virgins until marriage is because the average age of people's first marriage has increased from 22 in 1950 to almost 30 in 2018! Asking young people to remain virgins until well after their body has passed it's peak vitality seems to be going against God's design (Genesis 1:28). And there are a whole host of reasons as to why people in the USA are getting married later in life.

The US Census Bureau has an interesting graph on average marriage age:

https://www.census.gov/content/dam/Census/library/visualizations/time-series/demo/families-and-households/ms-2.pdf

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Nov, 2019 08:34 PM

I will like to see the verse pertaining to the importance of virgin vs. brothers widow,rahab,gomer,i.e.?

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Mar, 2020 07:40 PM

If you decided to remain virgin, then it's fair to ask the same. No Bible verse necessary. For example, if there's a rich guy, he could say, "I am looking for someone who is equally rich or even more so." And there would be nothing wrong with that. Or if someone has no health issues could say, "I am looking for someone who also has no health issues." It might be a bit "unfair" to require a virgin wife if you yourself aren't virgin anymore. People usually want to find someone who is like them, and there's nothing wrong with that!

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Apr, 2020 09:17 AM

It's not the same for a man and woman to be virgins. Most women do not care if the man is a virgin but guys prefer the woman to be a virgin. If the woman is not a virgin at marriage then paternity for the child may be suspect. Everyone knows who the mother is. In Bible times polygyny was common so men were not expected to be virgins at marriage but women were. The value on virginity was so high that nonvirgin women were basically doomed to a life of singleness, except for widows, who remarried.

These days teenagers are pushed by the media and peer pressure to lose virginity as soon as possible, while withholding marriage as long as possible. What we end up with are a nation of single parents and broken familes.

Women that save themselves for marriage are far more likely to find a good husband and to have a better marriage. As well as avoiding diseases.

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Apr, 2020 06:08 PM

What the heck?

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Apr, 2020 01:55 AM

I agree with silver, I never understand people who have requirements of a potential partner, that they themselves don't meet.

I don't see the coralation between a woman not being a virgin, and there being a question mark over the paternity of any future children. Unless you're implying that not being virgin means you're more likely to be unfaithful.

STI's are not limited to women alone, a woman could be a desease free virgin & be infected in the marital bed by her husband. I know of two women who have been left infertile as a result of "their husbands" infidelity..

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Apr, 2020 01:24 PM

I was going to ask the OP if HE was a virgin, but i read the profile, and he's not. so not really sure why Oregon is looking for a virgin. I think the men stepped up on here and made it pretty clear that whats good for the goose is good for the gander (old saying for you 'kids')

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Apr, 2020 01:30 PM

God calls men to be virgins before marriage as well as women. God has no respect of person.

We do not live in old testament days where men had several wives.

Yes there are still virgins, even if you don't know any yourself.

😂

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Apr, 2020 01:30 PM

for those of you are uninformed, a gander is a male goose.

Page : 1 2