Author Thread: Don't get troubled over being Single
Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Don't get troubled over being Single
Posted : 27 May, 2019 05:54 PM

Many single people spend Holidays alone ! Many get really depressed during some of these Holidays.

Take time an count your blessings, we All have things to be thankful for.

Let's find those things and thank God. Let's think positive and be uplifted.

Find something you like dooing a do it. You will be surprised how many people are not all doing things with others. Don't be afraid to do somethings alone.

Favorite Holidays celebrated in USA ?

New Year's Eve and day

Valentine's day

Easter

Mother's day

Memorial day

Father's. day

4th of July

Labor day

holloween

Veteran's day

Thanksgiving day

Christmas Eve and dsy

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 May, 2019 07:56 PM

I lived alone for many years between marriages, and once again am living alone. Of course, I would like a companion. BUT, being alone, i can choose when I eat meals and what i want to eat. I can drive to where I want to go and not depend on someone else. There are no arguments over which TV show to watch. If I want to be outside all day and and wash dishes the following day, there is no one to order me around. Make the most of whatever your circumstances are.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 May, 2019 08:09 PM

I do hope the men will post on this Thread. Interesting to know their thoughts on being Single .☺️

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 May, 2019 08:55 PM

I agree, it’s lonely without someone to share life and beautiful sunsets with. I wish I had a like minded person, to share places like the Bass ProShop with so we can see the stuffed, but realistic appearing animals in their reconstructed but natural looking habitats. Sometimes l invite a lady friend who also has invited me to places she wants to visit. Sometimes she invites me to her home to watch movies.

I’ve always hated it when people expect others to respect their unspoken likes and dislikes! In fact, I’ve had several dating relationships like that! And these ladies actually wanted to marry me. Such “Relationships” just plain feel represive and restrictive. Feels like I’m just supposed to bring along my body and to park it sit it or stand over there’s where they want it and to keep it quiet until it’s time to say something. All I wanted to do was just get away.

So I’ve made up my mind not to force anyone to fit my mold or be my slave. For example, if I ever marry, I will not expect a woman to be responsible for fixing my meals, cleaning my house or doing my laundry. I just don’t want her to worry about meeting my silly expectations. As far as I’m concerned, she would be welcome to take charge of my house and arrange it anyway o’way she jolly well pleases. All I might request, however, is a “man cave” zone that’s kinda primitive, detached and outa sight

My aforementioned lady friend invites me over on occasion but asks what I want for supper and what movie I want to watch. I remind her that she can do whatever she wants in her house and she can watch whatever movie she wants and to fix what she wants to eat.

But for some reason she insists on me choosing! But l already know she doesn’t exactly like the same kinda stuff I like to watch and l don’t feel it’s necessary to force her to totally entertain me and do as I say

Needless to say, I think it’s better to marry someone with a relative degree of similaritry.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 May, 2019 01:13 PM

I liked reading little David response. It nice to read a man's point of view on dating or experience in dating. Dating involves two man and woman. ☺️

Let's more men participate ! I welcome your comments , even if I don't agree.

☺️. Thanks

Princess1957

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 May, 2019 06:40 PM

Oh no being single can truly be a blessing it is how you look at this . Of course sometimes it would be great to have that companion but then after being single and doing what you want when you want it does allow you to discover things you would not with at a partner who is not as adventuresome so to speak. That is why it is called dating not I met you let's get married. Oh my.