Author Thread: what are some of the challenges you face as a single parent?
Nyambelicious

View Profile
History
what are some of the challenges you face as a single parent?
Posted : 30 May, 2019 01:20 AM

My main challenge is finding a Good man who'll us both, ofcourse every woman wants a man by her side...

DisplacedSoutherner

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jun, 2019 08:52 AM

I agree with you. In the past, I have made it very clear that my child and I are a packaged deal and if they aren't willing to understand that then it's not moving any further. I've dated men who stated they were jealous of the time I spent with my child and talked about "how nice" it would be if my child's dad hadn't passed away and so he could take visitation days. Needless to say, I dropped those men like hot potatoes.

Nyambelicious

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Jun, 2019 11:33 AM

Am glad you did that, some men can't seem to understand the motherly love we have for our children,I would rather be single than settling down with a man who doesn't love my child...

Chioniso

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Jun, 2019 02:21 AM

Yes we cannot neglect our children for the sake of marriage partner. I think its best to be in love with a man who has children too. At least that attachment to your children will come from all sides hence you share as family.

The challenge I am facing is that as a christian single mother I have some bonderies. Yet every man I met eventually needs sex out of wedlock. This is my 6th year keeping my body holy. The same problem is persisting besides bringing my pertition before God since 2014. I dont understand now if it is the reason why I am failing to find a man to settle down or get married.

Shawn123578^

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jun, 2019 09:19 PM

I have to be dad and mom 80 percent of the time, it's not easy being both parents! It's a process though it takes time to get the hang of it.

dedicated2U

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Sep, 2019 02:35 PM

Well it seems just because I have a son guys say get rid of him and move in baby but I'd never marry someone like you. I tell them take a hike. My sons dad is in heaven and I promised him I'd try to find a good husband and a good dad for my son

dedicated2U

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Sep, 2019 02:42 PM

It's hard to field off the scammer's. I have an open heart but save intimacy for marriage. I was happily married and widowed also married scammer's who took my money and left for someone else. I believe in true love and want to show my son a happy family. He never knew his dad who went to heaven before he was born. So I'm praying and seeking. But it's hard to pray and believe it will happen when all I've seen write to me are guys I'd never want to date let alone marry. No one deserves abuse. Why is it so hard to find a man who truly wants a wife to love and laugh with and doesn't pretend he cares just to get to the USA or steal money I no longer have.:thumbsup:

Chioniso

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Sep, 2019 02:43 AM

I think what you should do is to give yourself whole heartedly to God. On the other hand you will be moulding you kid. Bring you pertion to God and let it be unto His will. If you try to do it yourseld you will always be heartbroken. Be transformed and renew your mind in the things of God. God will protect your paths.

chalkey

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Apr, 2020 11:15 PM

I am honestly not a parent my self so may not deeply understand the subject of parenting or single parenting as you folks do, but do clearly understand the value of children in biblical point of view as christian and from education point of view as a teacher. Firstly from spiritual point of view, children are gifts from God to any parent so that children-parent relationship is inseparable. And from education point of view children have the right to be loved and cared for by the parents, either both parents or single parent. As long as there is someone called parent(s) who takes custody of them and their well being. That,s basic human rights specifically comes under Child's right declared in the United Convention on Child,s Rights. So any man or woman in this matter wishes to marry a single parent (both man and woman) must clearly understand. Failing to understand these underlying facts is a serious problem.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2020 07:30 PM

People in general today have become extremely selfish and self serving and anyone, man or woman, who isn't willing to accept you kids isn't worth it. I've known many men who will accept a womans child but I find it's very hard to find a woman who will accept a man's child. It's a package deal both ways. I've accepted others children only for the woman to claim to be accepting of mine for a short period of time and decide, once my children have become attached, that they are too much effort.