Author Thread: Alcohol is addicting /avoid
Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Alcohol is addicting /avoid
Posted : 30 May, 2019 11:33 AM

Bars are not appropriate to hang out in, for a Christian person.

Because of Alcohol served, bar fights, people hooking up.

There are new businesses starting up in New York, Main, Dublin Ireland and perhaps other places called Non Alcohol Bars. This was

Announced on a TV program today.

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 May, 2019 02:50 PM

that sounds like a good solution. My husband never drank when i was around, went almost 20 years without ...then a wedding where he got drunk and counseling nor arguming saved us. got a protection order and divorce. the non--alcohol clubs sound good to me

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jun, 2019 11:01 AM

Casual drinking can lead to alcohol addiction. Then a person needs deliverance and should seek help. Counseling is helpful.

God is a deliverer, if we give it to Him.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jun, 2019 12:51 PM

Many men's profiles on CDFF state they drink socially! What dies that mean?

Could be a lot or not.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jun, 2019 06:44 AM

I'm a social drinker, for me that means a glass of wine or beer with a meal, when I go out to a restaurant or to a social function, I don't like heavy drinking having dated an alcoholic in my 20s.

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jul, 2019 06:15 PM

With all due respect, if alcohol consumption was a sin, then how do you explain John 2:1 - 10?

Alcohol, coffee, sweets, money, etc. are not sinful in and of themselves, but if they cause us to sin, and we do not turn our back on the cause of our sin, then the blame is on us, not the objects themselves. For God created everyone and everything with the freedom to choose between following Him, or following our own pride or arrogance, otherwise, you are blaming God for having created something "bad".

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Oct, 2019 03:43 PM

The Bible says not to get drunk; it doesn't say not to drink at all. About three times a year I'll have a Caesar or a rum & Diet Coke, and not once have I felt like I needed deliverance from the deadly grip of addiction.