Author Thread: Let's build the Kingdom of GOD.
TravisjustTravis

View Profile
History
Let's build the Kingdom of GOD.
Posted : 3 Jun, 2019 09:20 PM

The Kingdom of GOD is in two parts, #1 is the part that is in heaven and #2 is the part that is here on earth...JESUS stated that in Matthew 6:10 "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven."

So if you are wondering what a person should do after they dedicate there life to the LORD, your job is to 'till the soil' that is you are to announce that the Kingdom of GOD is coming. So if you think that this world is unfair and filled with pain, you are right...but I have good news JESUS has overcame the system that this world operates under, JESUS came to earth around 2,000 years ago as a suffering servant, but JESUS is coming back as a conquering KING. When the KING comes back everybody on earth will know that ultimately there is no lasting security in a room full of gold.

Our jobs as Christians is to help people understand 'if you live that way then you will be sorry'

Anyway, I know a guy that I have been trying to 're-educate' (I do that primarily by trying to promote the book of Proverbs). I understand that most people always do not fly out of the mud puddle of this world (named society) Unfortunately sometimes its 1 step forward and then two steps backward. But its difficult to watch people try to swim in a mud puddle.

So I am wanting to share a scripture verse with people. 1 Corinthians 15:33 Bad company corrupts good character

I remember there was once a guy that was excited that his brother was going to be released from prison, about 25 years later I asked the guy how his brother was doing, and the reply was that his family was still trying to rehabilitate the guy.

If you want to make changes in your life then fire all of your friends, and then start over by saying 'I know that the WORD of GOD is True'. Make the Bible the 'Hub' of your life and if some people come along and say 'Hey Jack, can I be your friend' then you should say 'lets see...you had a sexual affair, and you are unrepentant, your lifestyle is marked by unbridled lust, and you refuse to smile upon someone else good fortune (we are sinners that have been saved by Grace, but there is a difference between 'falling into a mud puddle' and 'willingly choosing to flop around in a mud puddle') The truth is that people that live a certain lifestyle have no business being close friends with believers. Again I will say -Bad company (morally bankrupt friends) corrupts good character-

Believers in the MESSIAH (those that look forward to the Kingdom of GOD) cannot live an unrepentant life. (Galatians 5:19-21)

19 It’s clear that our flesh entices us into practicing some of its most heinous acts: participating in corrupt sexual relationships, impurity, unbridled lust, 20 idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, arguing, jealousy, anger, selfishness, contentiousness, division, 21 envy of others’ good fortune, drunkenness, drunken revelry, and other shameful vices that plague humankind. I told you this clearly before, and I only tell you again so there is no room for confusion: those who give in to these ways will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Believers in the MESSIAH must manifest certain types of behavior.

(Galatians 5:22-24)

22 The Holy Spirit produces a different kind of fruit: unconditional love, joy, peace, patience, kindheartedness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. You won’t find any law opposed to fruit like this. 24 Those of us who belong to the Anointed One have crucified our old lives and put to death the flesh and all the lusts and desires that plague us.

Quiznos

View Profile
History
Let's build the Kingdom of GOD.
Posted : 1 Mar, 2020 04:02 PM

Hello,

Show me just one Scripture which states believers are to build the KINGDOM of GOD on the earth, just one.

John 18 verse 36

36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm.”