Author Thread: Pray about what is unequally Yoked
Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Pray about what is unequally Yoked
Posted : 12 Jun, 2019 07:57 PM

Being a member of a different denomination doesn't necessarily mean a couple is unequally Yoked.

examples

Chuch of God, Four Square, Pentecost, Assembly of God. Are similar in doctrine.

Catholic, Baptist totally different teaching.

Servantfiss

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Sep, 2019 11:05 AM

By your own admition and examples you have made clear what " unequally yoked " means when it comes to people claiming to be children of GOD . The scripture of course ( 2 Cor. 6;14-18 ) speaks of believers / NON believers , so at this point we have to judge , not the people , but as you have stated , the Doctrines / Teachings . Are they biblical ? and the answer of course is NO , if they were then there would be no difference in the doctrines would there . As everyone knows , there are many beliefs and teachings out there , why it's a virtual buffet of " christianity " , so at the end of the day , what we have is the Scriptures , we either teach , believe and follow them , or we don't . So yes , these are believers , but believers in what I ask ? Yes , unequally yoked , denominations can , will , do , cause people to be unequally yoked .

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Sep, 2019 09:14 PM

Most of Catholics on this site who wrote to me, were very surprised to hear, that our faith foundation is different.

They pray to mother Mary, protestants would never do that.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Oct, 2019 03:53 PM

Christians pray to God .

If a denomination teaches the true doctrine, a person can grow in their Faith.

Beware of False doctrine out there.

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Oct, 2019 08:07 PM

I agree with brevelatte - i know catholics who don't understand why I pray to Jesus. In a marriage, religion is important to agree upon. a Christian prays to God and Jesus. If you are unequally yoked, you are asking for many problems in a marriage.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Dec, 2019 12:43 PM

Some women don't understand, saying you a Christian, doesn't mean your on the same page Spiritually.

Then you have Spiritual abuse in the marriage. One believes differently.

Like a Baptist and Pentecostal.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Dec, 2019 12:45 PM

Arguments may very well accure even divorce over beliefs, how to live a Saved life.

Spiritual Battle.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Dec, 2019 12:47 PM

Mental abuse is terrible on a person.