Author Thread: iPhones and Smart phones
Moonlight7

View Profile
History
iPhones and Smart phones
Posted : 13 Jul, 2019 08:15 AM

Why do people think that MOST people have one off these?

Is everyone going to be out dated if they don't ? 😁

Alligator

View Profile
History
iPhones and Smart phones
Posted : 13 Jul, 2019 10:52 AM

I just have a landline and a laptop. The phone has an answering machine, so family, doctor, famous people, anyone can leave me a message and I will call them back. Lots of older people do NOT have smart phones and cone shaped technology that is voice activated. There's nothing wrong with using the old ways.

Iliachen

View Profile
History
iPhones and Smart phones
Posted : 1 Dec, 2019 11:28 PM

Honestly? A majority of people do. It's not just for "young people" anymore. My great aunt is pretty fluent with it. My dad uses his to respond to students; he teaches at 3 different colleges, and that's not his day job.

It's not for everyone, but a majority find it handy to combine their phone with basic computer functions. I just think too many are dependent. I actually do a few personal projects, and as a photographer I'll use my phone's camera for quick photos. But I own a DSLR as well.

Also, iPhones are a brand of smartphone, by Apple. iOS is the operating system. Google owns Android OS, though many brands create devices.

If you don't like smartphones, fair enough, but hopefully you won't condemn those who do own them. They're just the successor of the Palm Pilot.

View Profile
History
iPhones and Smart phones
Posted : 5 May, 2021 09:24 AM

I didnt know Google owned Android. I use both and a chromebook. I did donate my DLSR to my 13 year old.

Smart phone has been an Android for last 7 years, but i dont contract and just pay monthly service.

Thanks for the post!

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
iPhones and Smart phones
Posted : 5 Jun, 2021 11:10 AM

One of these

Edited

Oftentimes I don't read older Posts ! I post so much here !

I don't condem anyone who has and uses a smart phone.

Many People I know personally do.

It's just people get too dependent on these and they think everyone should have one too.