Author Thread: Long distance
Admin

Long distance
Posted : 13 Jul, 2019 06:40 PM

Why wouldn't most men consider long distance relationships? (Country to country), I've met pretty good guys on this site but distance always seems to be a problem. Is it the expenses/cost that comes with traveling? What if a woman is willing to pay? Will that still be a problem?? Is it cultural differences? I am genuinely curious and looking forward to get a response.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Long distance
Posted : 14 Jul, 2019 04:28 AM

I'm interested to hear what the men have to say, I personally wouldn't entertain dating anyone who lives outside the UK. I've seen far too many people marry foreign nationals, who used them to get into the UK in order to have a better life, and once they got their stay that was it the marriage was over.

View Profile
History
Long distance
Posted : 14 Jul, 2019 07:14 AM

Yeah, I've heard of people who do that too and it's pretty sad, but not everyone has bad intentions, as for me I don't mind if we lived in my home country, I'd actually be happier to live where my family and friends are. Tha ks for sharing.

View Profile
History
Long distance
Posted : 14 Jul, 2019 07:57 PM

I am fine with long distance as long as it's within the US. I'd say that 700-1000 miles is ok. I have dated someone who lived 700 miles away, and it was ok. But I know someone in my church who married a girl from the Philippines, and she later disappeared after she got her papers. She left him without a word. No warning. The guy was totally heartbroken. There are a lot of people who just want to get the greencard, and they'll do anything for it. It's sad. :(

View Profile
History
Long distance
Posted : 15 Jul, 2019 12:21 AM

Aww it's pretty sad what happened to the guy from your church, people are pretty cruel out there. And I totally get you'd be skeptical about it. Thanks for sharing.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Long distance
Posted : 25 Jul, 2019 06:42 PM

I agree with Silver. I also had a friend at my church who married a very attractive woman, I believe from the Philippines. They were together for a period of time, seems she needed lots of money and after while they divorced. She seemed nice to me but I wasn’t married to her.

That’s one of the troubles of long distance dating. A person can seem very nice in the mail but you don’t know how they treat their parents, siblings and those closest to them. How they treat others might just be a good indicator about what your future married to them looks like.

I realize this thread isn’t about those closer to home but come to think of it, the same goes for them too. How well they relate to others matters!

If they’re kinda road-raging and snap easily while at the same time smiling at you, count yourself fortunate enough to know before you marry! Better to know now that you’re sitting next to a powder keg than too late!! And—-you better run before it explodes on you—and it will!!

View Profile
History
Long distance
Posted : 27 Jul, 2019 10:47 AM

Micah, some men won't consider a long distance relationship because they're not wired to nurture one. Men are visual creatures and more often than not, they want the visual connection that can only be had by seeing each other quotidian.

The physical distance of a transcontinental relationship necessitates a man to be an effective and coherent communicator. Emotional intimacy is essential, but it's not a strong suit for a lot of men who are far more proficient with physical intimacy.

At heart, the underlying causes and reasons are of little importance in light of the sum and substance, which is, when someone ain't interested for whatever reason, it simply wasn't God's will for us.

irc1

View Profile
History
Long distance
Posted : 28 Jul, 2019 05:44 AM

What do you mean my long distance relationship?? I see stupid women, thinking they are in a relationship, with a man they never have met!

Thats totally stupid, I could never commit myself to another person, whom I have never met face to face.

irc1

View Profile
History
Long distance
Posted : 28 Jul, 2019 05:46 AM

Can you support the same lifestyle in your country, as a man from to example the western Europe can.

View Profile
History
Long distance
Posted : 12 Aug, 2019 12:13 AM

guy's are kinda lazy creatures?

Pacif

View Profile
History
Long distance
Posted : 21 Aug, 2019 07:04 AM

Long distance relationships needs patience and trust. But both parties miss each other and should work towards living in close proximity if not under one roof.

I dont mind a guy joining me in my country. Perhaps there were issues that made the lady to leave without a word. May be she was not treated in a humane manner. It would be hard to conclude that only greencard or wealth was sought though there is evil in the world anyway.

Page : 1 2