Author Thread: Longest Profile
Admin

Longest Profile
Posted : 15 Jul, 2019 04:23 PM

What’s the longest / most verbose profile you have come across on CDFF ?

I saw this one today: www.christiandatingforfree.com/view_profile.php?userid=2294867

Can you find a longer one?

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Longest Profile
Posted : 1 Aug, 2019 12:01 AM

I have come across several long winded profiles, I've never read one in it's entirety, were profiles are concerned less is definitely more...:-)

dance2cedm

View Profile
History
Longest Profile
Posted : 10 Aug, 2019 10:44 PM

I disagree. My biggest frustration on this site is that the profiles are way, way too short. When women hardly say anything at all about themselves, it gives me no idea whether or not I think we would be a good match and someone I would want to take the time to pursue. The less a woman writes, the less likely I am to contact her.

I know a woman on this site with a longer profile than the one you posted, so your example is not the longest. But in my book, longer is better. -- at least if it's well written, and the one in your example is.

JamesEG

View Profile
History
Longest Profile
Posted : 13 Aug, 2019 11:54 AM

I agree with the last responder. I prefer seeing a long profile to a short one.

Reading a long profile enables one to know more about a person.

It's good not to provide confidential information, but a lot of details help to determine what the potential is for a relationship (casual friendship, potential close friend, possible romantic partner/spouse, spammer not to contact, etc.). And, long messages are nice, too, as I see it.

But, I am a freelance writer who loves to read and write.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Longest Profile
Posted : 19 Aug, 2019 12:04 PM

I have come across many Long men profiles. I usually just read the first paragraph.😀

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Longest Profile
Posted : 19 Aug, 2019 12:06 PM

Why do men view women's pictures over and over but do not message the Woman? That's called stalking guys ! 😀

irc1

View Profile
History
Longest Profile
Posted : 25 Aug, 2019 04:45 AM

Stalking??? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL you have to go to the profile, to see the stats and what she have written in her text. If there are any, mostly there are not.

View Profile
History
Longest Profile
Posted : 25 Aug, 2019 05:48 PM

The profile link you posted actually has two versions in one, so it appears longer than it really is. And no, it's not the longest profile I've ever stumbled across on CDFF. I give her kudos for the fun picture of the chipmunk though! With regard to profile length: if it's too short then people won't know whether they're a potential match, and if it's too long then you'll come across as having unattainable expectations. Like Goldilocks found, the best is somewhere in the middle.

2mountain

View Profile
History
Longest Profile
Posted : 27 Aug, 2019 06:05 PM

Goldilocks zone yes the most pertinent information is best. Also it's important to give a viewer something to talk with you about, I often come across profiles and want to message someone but they don't provide anything of interest, so I would just come across like a goof trying to say hi. At least I'd feel that way. Hmm, maybe I should edit my profile a bit now . . .

View Profile
History
Longest Profile
Posted : 29 Feb, 2020 12:25 PM

I may have written a long one, but no one has ever read it so it doesn't matter.