Author Thread: Do no harm
seekeruvtruth

View Profile
History
Do no harm
Posted : 14 Aug, 2019 04:40 PM

talking someone out of suicide is easier if it is not accepted by the society. i think suicide rates would increase in the event that it were legal. just look at how counseling services and hospitals work against us with abortion being considered legal. i hope we find more solutions for pain relief than just suicide. humans have survived the black plague, small pocks, and overcome polio, more advancement can be in store. i'm not suicidal, i can wait to die of natural causes or some accident. i can say that i have longed to be in a place void of all corruption. the other problem is that if euthenasia became legal then there would be more propaganda to convince people suicide is the option for them. it would be a for profit field with ptsd for all the doctors who performed the procedures. and just think of all the people who would change their mind when it is too late? a daughter of a friend of mine was found to have commited suicide. it was clear from the forensics she tried to reverse what she had done, but it was too late. we can't really followup with a dead person about suicide procedure regrets. my friend was found before she finished trying to kill herself. she received counseling and is now a nurse. if the hospital had offered to finish what she had started i don't know if she would still be here. lethal injection is not a painless procedure. the 'do no harm' agreement in medicine is a healthy bias.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Do no harm
Posted : 19 Aug, 2019 07:53 PM

Very sad story about the woman who couldn’t reverse what she started—a very chilling and sobering account.

I share your desire to escape this world with all its grief and suffering.

The only possible way to find total peace and serenity comes with the new creation that God has prepared for those who love him.

Jesus provides the only way for that trip.

seekeruvtruth

View Profile
History
Do no harm
Posted : 26 Aug, 2019 02:24 AM

Amen. The friend who was rescued before she could die by suicide now has two children. She wasn't thinking of them when she began to self harm. All of the suicide attempts that I have known about through friends were often associated with a breakup. I think they should bring back chaperoning to our teenagers in the world. Parents are currently being shamed for chaperoning even by police. Teenagers should not have to endure the equivalent of a divorce when they are so fragile and young. To make matters even more traumatizing they have to see their former love every day for years sometimes. The public schools tell them more about fornication than procreation and the respect of commitment. I spoke with a woman online recently that was not aware std tests can take years to read positive and the individual could be passing stds the whole time. Monogamy is not promoted. Instead of promoting virgintiy they promote their own projected doubt upon the youth expecting them to fail at waiting.