Author Thread: love and marriage
TravisjustTravis

View Profile
History
love and marriage
Posted : 25 Aug, 2019 03:47 PM

A man once told me that when he married his wife he thought that he loved her...then he found out what Love meant.

Do not get married because you think that you have fallen in love. Loving someone is a choice that you make. So I don't doubt that you have fallen into some sort of emotion. Its just that as christians we need to stop taking relationship advice from non-christians because non-christians do not even understand LOVE.

1 John 4:8

Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
love and marriage
Posted : 26 Aug, 2019 01:43 PM

The divorce rate among Christian couples is almost equal to the rate of divorces for NON Christian.

People get divorced over things that could have been worked out.

Chioniso

View Profile
History
love and marriage
Posted : 27 Aug, 2019 02:07 AM

Divorces among christians is increasing because we are not putting on the belt of truth. One among the couples turns not to fear God. Most of us christians go for the things of the world. Read James 4, its so powerful.

View Profile
History
love and marriage
Posted : 15 Sep, 2019 12:58 AM

love is the reward to those who worked a solid marriage,

marriage is for building bigger herds,larger fields,stronger bloodlines.

advice of my grandparents.

arranged marriage over 70 years of success.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
love and marriage
Posted : 16 Oct, 2019 01:08 AM

Well you would think that would be the case, but in my experience the opposite has been true. The most love, kindness & care I have received apart from family has been from people who were not Christians. You only have to walk into any church and watch people ignore each other.