Author Thread: Monogamy
Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Monogamy
Posted : 4 Sep, 2019 05:10 PM

Monogamous relationship is Christian man should be seeking.

Why is it many men on this site are seeking Long term relationship with sec included?

God created a man and one woman for him. If God wanted man to have multiple women , He would created the man more than one woman.

Man finding a wife is a good thing . Proverbs 18:22

Alligator

View Profile
History
Monogamy
Posted : 4 Sep, 2019 07:26 PM

there are SOME religions that allow or even encourage more than one wife at a time. But they are NOT Christians. Since this is a Christian dating site, I believe it's thoughtless of men to sign up and then not have a church they attend. And/or some of the rude things they say about women in their profiles.

View Profile
History
Monogamy
Posted : 4 Sep, 2019 07:58 PM

Moses and Abraham disagree with You

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Monogamy
Posted : 4 Sep, 2019 08:25 PM

@A

We are not under Mosaic law.

They were under the Law in the old testament days .

After the fall of Man, there came sin and death. (,Adam & Eve)

Jesus came and changed all that , if you are a Believer you should know that.

Servantfiss

View Profile
History
Monogamy
Posted : 6 Sep, 2019 05:46 PM

Though I am not here seeking a second wife , I would challenge you , you stated that " God created a man and one woman for him. If God wanted man to have multiple women , He would created the man more than one woman."

He himself instituted and created both man and woman , as well as Marriage . Then later set a Law to rule over His chosen peoples , in this Law we find Him saying this , " Deuteronomy 21:15-17 - “If a man has two wives," , again , " if " , it wasn't a Law that man had to have two wives , but it was his choice .

We know through study of the Holy Scriptures that God not only allowed it , but the Word shows us He actually gave of His own hand multiple wives , case in point .... 2 Samuel 12:8 " And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things."

But you say " They were under the Law in the old testament days ." and " Jesus came and changed all that , if you are a Believer you should know that . "

I challenge you , Book Chapter and Verse , where is it written that the Christ changed " all " or any of that ?

View Profile
History
Monogamy
Posted : 7 Sep, 2019 12:54 AM

I remember somewhere it speaks of elders and deacons should not have more than one wife.

View Profile
History
Monogamy
Posted : 7 Sep, 2019 12:55 AM

or was it ,should not have many wifes?

Servantfiss

View Profile
History
Monogamy
Posted : 8 Sep, 2019 10:49 AM

it was the husband of one wife , 1st Timothy 3;2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach;

Servantfiss

View Profile
History
Monogamy
Posted : 8 Sep, 2019 10:50 AM

it was the husband of one wife , 1st Timothy 3;2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach;

Servantfiss

View Profile
History
Monogamy
Posted : 8 Sep, 2019 10:51 AM

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Monogamy
Posted : 8 Sep, 2019 06:59 PM

Any one that is a believer knows we are not under the Law! Moses.

One woman and One man come together for marriage.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7