Author Thread: Monogamy
Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Monogamy
Posted : 4 Sep, 2019 05:10 PM

Monogamous relationship is Christian man should be seeking.

Why is it many men on this site are seeking Long term relationship with sec included?

God created a man and one woman for him. If God wanted man to have multiple women , He would created the man more than one woman.

Man finding a wife is a good thing . Proverbs 18:22

Alligator

View Profile
History
Monogamy
Posted : 11 Sep, 2019 07:14 PM

We are no longer under Old Testament Law. YOU do not seem to understand that. Thank Goodness our government does. Polygamy is the act or condition of a person marrying another person while still being lawfully married to another spouse. As this is the very definition of bigamy, it is illegal in the United States.

View Profile
History
Monogamy
Posted : 11 Sep, 2019 07:18 PM

what's wrong with that?

what business is it of mine?

what business is it of Your's

is not like there are not Ladies

here in their 40's seeking Guy's 18-39

people like what they have been programmed

to like,be the programmers teachers,parents,media,

leaders,educators,commercial advertisement,

news,persoanl preference ?

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Monogamy
Posted : 12 Sep, 2019 05:43 AM

Keep in mind this is a Christian dating site. God is concerned about our actions.

Our character is important .

EVERYTHING we do is His business.

@ A

You seem to think Worldly .

Alligator

View Profile
History
Monogamy
Posted : 12 Sep, 2019 08:45 PM

I read A's profile. It is a joke. There are no real answers to anything, just whatever he thinks would be fun to write. Some of the profile is very UNgodly. Of course, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but I believe A would be better off in a different type of dating site as he is definitely not a Christian.

View Profile
History
Monogamy
Posted : 13 Sep, 2019 05:02 AM

i still have not found that scripture where Jesus said," thou shalt not have concubines."

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Monogamy
Posted : 13 Sep, 2019 02:40 PM

@A

This is not the Biblical forum. Move on.

This thread is not for quoting scripture. This is a thread on Monogamy.

Jesus doesn't approve bigamy.

If you are s follower of Jesus, you would know that.

Alligator

View Profile
History
Monogamy
Posted : 14 Sep, 2019 03:22 PM

This is directed at A. You are too afraid to post a photo of yourself, yet not afraid to defile our Lord's pathway. You love quoting the Old Testament and bragging about your 2 friends who each have 2 wives. #1 The Old Testament is done away with upon Christ rising from the dead and #2, you are not a Christian. you have made up the name of a church, post what bra size you want a woman to have and the list goes on. You need to get on a different site and stop offending Christians.

View Profile
History
Monogamy
Posted : 14 Sep, 2019 09:33 PM

dear Needs a friend.

maybe we speak our own fate?

i apologizes my camera does not work.i apologize if i have found small breasted ladies have the HUGEST hearts.

and i apologize for using old testament examples of Ladies taking the lead and getting what they WANT. i apologizes that You cannot understand that Christians whom live in other countries are not really concerned with American Christian ideals

Hope You have the blest day You may,may the Lord bless You and keep You for all eternity

R123

View Profile
History
Monogamy
Posted : 15 Sep, 2019 03:37 PM

I recommend this book for a good understanding of the topic:

The Bible, Sex, and this Generation: How God's Word Applies Today by Monicque Sharman

PatrickLauser

View Profile
History
Monogamy
Posted : 30 Sep, 2019 06:06 AM

It is interesting to me that this subject has even come up. It is usually difficult for an issue so foreign to Roman culture to get much traction.

With the law, the moral law under which this question falls predates both old and new Testaments. Whether we should refer to the actions of David for a guide Jesus showed when he rebuked the Pharisees, saying, "Have ye not read what David did?" Saying that David was right in fighting Goliath, but wrong in marrying Abigail, is like saying, "Psalm 1 is of God, but Psalm 2 must not be of God, because I disagree with it."

The passages saying a deacon or bishop must be husbands of one wife were translated in a nation where there probably was not even one person who did not follow the Roman tradition of condemning multiple wives. Suffice it to say that the word translated "one" is also translated in other cases as "a" by the same translators, and they chose to translate it as "one" in this case no doubt because it bolstered their unscriptural tradition.

Basically, "Christian" doesn't necessarily mean "Post-Rome European". Rather, there have been Christians throughout the world who have never condemned multiple wives any more than the first Christians, and their culture is more in agreement with God than one that comes right out of pre-Christian Rome.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7