Author Thread: Monogamy
Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Monogamy
Posted : 4 Sep, 2019 05:10 PM

Monogamous relationship is Christian man should be seeking.

Why is it many men on this site are seeking Long term relationship with sec included?

God created a man and one woman for him. If God wanted man to have multiple women , He would created the man more than one woman.

Man finding a wife is a good thing . Proverbs 18:22

Alligator

View Profile
History
Monogamy
Posted : 11 Oct, 2019 11:27 AM

First, A you are NOT a Christian. Your profile is an abomination. you should be posting on a Bible forum to show your nonsense. **** Matthew 19:3–6. In this passage, He cited the Genesis creation account, in particular Genesis 1:27 and 2:24, saying “the two will become one flesh”, not more than two.

the parallel of husband and wife with Christ and the Church in Ephesians 5:22–33, which makes sense only with monogamy—Jesus will not have multiple brides.

The 10th Commandment “You shall not covet your neighbour’s wife [singular] … ” (Exodus 20:17) also presupposes the ideal that there is only one wife. Polygamy is expressly forbidden for church elders (1 Timothy 3:2). And this is not just for elders, because Paul also wrote: “each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband” (1 Corinthians 7:2).

the only survivors of the Flood were four monogamous couples.

osol_letse

View Profile
History
Monogamy
Posted : 14 Oct, 2019 12:39 AM

There's never a verse in the entire Bible that God encourages one to be polygamous. Even if some OT saints had practiced it, it does not mean God is alright with polygamy.

Alligator

View Profile
History
Monogamy
Posted : 15 Oct, 2019 08:04 PM

Thank you osol

Alligator

View Profile
History
Monogamy
Posted : 15 Oct, 2019 08:09 PM

the thread is ASK A GUY ( not for Bible verses) you as a man, would you like to be one of 5 steady boyfriends that spend time and sex with your girlfriend? Would you enjoy providing for a family if your wife was sleeping with 4 other men and you got her attention one time a week? Common sense tells us Satan enters into relationships like this. When you see polygamous Mormons or others, do NOT believe there is no jealousy. One husband and one wife are what is needed to build on a relationship. I cannot fathom planning a meal for Bob, while I am sleeping with Jim and going to meet John on Saturday. Good grief guys, speak up ! What would your REAL feelings be? be honest.

Servantfiss

View Profile
History
Monogamy
Posted : 16 Oct, 2019 05:57 AM

@ needsafriend7 ,

I read your last post and I found it a bit left field , for you spoke of a woman having multiple husbands , I don't mean to sound harsh or condemning , but that was nor ever has been allowed or even heard of in a marriage , either in our culture or any other that I know of , much less a " Biblical " relationship .

But and however , you asked the " Guys " to speak up , and so I have already posted my view on the subject , trying so hard to always look at the world and our decisions through the lens of the Scriptures .

So it is with that I try to explain my view on Monogamy . I would first like to say that a " Believer " by commandment must have a believing wife ( 2 Cor. 6:14 ) , and that in itself is a very hard thing to find ( Proverbs 31:10 ) . Imagine if you will , a man finding two or more of such caliber , a very daunting task indeed . And then to add the fact that a man is to live with her in understanding ( 1 Peter 3:7 ) , and again I must say , how great a task is this , knowing the complexities of a woman's mind . I would also like to bring up the many varied emotional states of a woman that a man must navigate around and and contend with , while showing compassion and love , imagine if you will , multiple wives , need I say more ?

Servantfiss

View Profile
History
Monogamy
Posted : 16 Oct, 2019 06:02 AM

If any would enjoy looking at scripture only ( no opinions ) to speak together about multiple wives , I would indeed love to open the pages of the Holy Scriptures and discuss this or any other topic with you .

Alligator

View Profile
History
Monogamy
Posted : 16 Oct, 2019 08:48 AM

Thanks for your reply. Remember that the OP never intended this to be a Bible discussion. perhaps it should be !!

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Monogamy
Posted : 16 Oct, 2019 12:18 PM

This is not the Biblical forum !

Maybe some of you should go there and start your own thread topics.

This thread is about having one wife as a true Christian.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Monogamy
Posted : 16 Oct, 2019 12:19 PM

Please post your Scriptures for Old Testment LAWS in the Biblical forum.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Monogamy
Posted : 16 Oct, 2019 12:31 PM

It is not my opinion that, Jesus wants man to have one Wife.

If people change that it's not because Jesus said so.

People are involved in many kinds of Religions with ungodly ways.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7