Author Thread: Things in a profile that will scare girls away
Demeray

View Profile
History
Things in a profile that will scare girls away
Posted : 30 Sep, 2019 07:34 AM

Here is my theory:

It is new.

A girl can list maybe a dozen requirements, even fussy things, and still get plenty of offers. Moreover, she can describe herself in pretty much any way (love church - sick of church, hate cooking - love it, want to travel - prefer staying home). Flooded with messages.

But presenting qualifications (eg: someone who reads) to a female (in contrast to a guy merely describing himself in the profile) will send the girls fleeing.

They fear being measured, in any way.

Feel free to disagree. Even though I am right. : Kidding. I am not ready to declare this one proven yet.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Sep, 2019 12:35 PM

Most men online don't read profiles so they don't know what's in them.

MEN FOCUS 💯 ON PICTURES.

Marcouse

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Sep, 2019 01:32 PM

That might have been true a while ago but listers usually end up on their own these days. Any offers will be from players.

Men are starting to realise their worth and not play the game.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Oct, 2019 01:04 AM

I look at profiles to see if we have any shared interests I like to read, travel etc...

I don't like lists of must haves & have nots that has me reaching for the back button.

I like a peaceful life, so am immediately put off by someone who comes across as disagreeable.

Demeray

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Oct, 2019 04:43 AM

Now I have to wonder if you are correct. Looks are unfortunately a big part of mating. So, like most, I start there. But no way am I opening up a dialogue until absorbing every word written. Sifting for clues.

Does she enjoy a life of the mind, or content with watching TV for romance, drama and laughter. I won't live with a TV on all day. Music is cool. Yet I don't want that breaking the sounds of wind, birds, traffic, whatever, all day long either.

I want to look across the room and find my wife reading some of the time. Maybe painting or working on a project now and then. Learning.

Those who only want to be entertained are generally fine people. Just better matched with guys who live the same way.

I believe a guy better not include thoughts like this in a profile though. You need a place like this where thoughts can be expanded upon versus the scary confines of a strange profile.

Demeray

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Oct, 2019 04:48 AM

How do they not play the game yet still find a wife online? Perhaps you are referring to the MGTOW movement.

Demeray

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Oct, 2019 04:53 AM

Reply to Jayzeee:

So you like to read. But if a guy adds reading when listing fhebtypenofncirl sought, would you like the back button? What if he wrote non-fiction?

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Oct, 2019 12:37 AM

I am open to talk to anyone providing their in my age range and in the UK, I don't think any rational person would discount someone based on their choice of reading material. I have come across profiles that have said don't contact me if xyz... That makes me think the person is quite controlling & possibly even has anger issues, hmmm not the qualities you look for in a potential spouse.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Oct, 2019 07:06 AM

I just saw a profile where the man states he's looking for some company and fun times, a euphemism if ever i saw one and guaranteed to scare most women away... Lol

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Oct, 2019 10:10 AM

Just say you have no money, the silence will be deafening.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Oct, 2019 05:09 PM

:

Page : 1 2