Author Thread: Contract
Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Contract
Posted : 10 Oct, 2019 11:51 AM

Why is it many men think about marriage as a contract. ?

bushfire^

View Profile
History
Contract
Posted : 14 Oct, 2019 05:32 PM

Read Matthew 19.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Contract
Posted : 16 Oct, 2019 01:54 PM

Matthew 19 Chapter talks about Divorce. I have already read that.

Matthew 19:9

Says except for immorality

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Contract
Posted : 16 Oct, 2019 01:56 PM

Some Christians don't understand you can get a divorce under certain circumstances.

Servantfiss

View Profile
History
Contract
Posted : 16 Oct, 2019 03:53 PM

Because the Holy Scriptures say that it is a contract , you should read the bible more :)

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Contract
Posted : 16 Oct, 2019 04:36 PM

There is no scripture that says contract. to my knowledge.

It's s covenant between Man and God.

By the way. How would you know how much I read the Bible !!

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Contract
Posted : 16 Oct, 2019 04:39 PM

I don't see where I asked for a scripture! Something's are just asking a personal question!

Alligator

View Profile
History
Contract
Posted : 16 Oct, 2019 09:01 PM

the ORIGINAL question is why do men think of marriage as a contract? - it is not a Bible question. good grief, its a simple question. IMO they think its a contract because they have to sign a paper to get a marriage license, whether the wedding is in the court house, church or by a lake. Good grief men, its NOT a Bible question.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Contract
Posted : 16 Oct, 2019 09:08 PM

There are scriptures that say we are responsible for whatever we vow to God, but it doesn't really matter how you want to label it. Contract, covenant, vow, etc... When we make it, it is before God and we are held to it.

From the Sermon on the Mount:

Matt 5:33-37 Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform to the Lord what you have sworn.’ But I say to you, Do not take an oath at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God, or by the earth, for it is his footstool, or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. And do not take an oath by your head, for you cannot make one hair white or black. Let what you say be simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything more than this comes from evil.

Num 30:2 If a man vows a vow to the Lord, or swears an oath to bind himself by a pledge, he shall not break his word. He shall do according to all that proceeds out of his mouth.

Best thing is to not go out of your way to make agreements, especially if you don't intend to keep them. I believe that applies to marriage. Sure, something can go seriously wrong, but I don't think anybody seriously goes into a relationship thinking nothing can go wrong. All of us can go in with best intent, but it requires two people to uphold it.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Contract
Posted : 16 Oct, 2019 09:56 PM

It definitely takes both parties to keep the Vow for the marriage to work.

View Profile
History
Contract
Posted : 19 Oct, 2019 05:37 AM

Uhm... a covenant is a vow sealed with a contract.....

Page : 1 2 3