Author Thread: Who do you glorify on the forum?
KJVonly

View Profile
History
Who do you glorify on the forum?
Posted : 12 Oct, 2019 11:43 AM

1 Corinthians 10:13

13 There hath NO temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will NOT suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make A WAY to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

This was the verse I started my thread with and it is one that I want to apologize with.

What comforting words!!

The enemy hates those words.

He hates it that Y'shua triumphed over sin in the flesh as He was fully human as well as fully God.

Y'shua made an escape for us , a second exodus from bondage and death.

What responsibility we have as followers of Christ!! We have a choice but we all too often choose to sin because of our sinful flesh and rebellious nature but Y'shua says we don't need to feel defeated because He made a way out! WE NEED TO CLAIM HIS POWER!!

That was what Teddy was trying to say on the forum. The enemy got in the way and I think some old baggage from my past about feeling defeated and never being good enough in regards to sinning with me on the one hand knowing He made a way out but on the other thinking, Well, guess I will always sin! Just in my nature!. My apologies again Teddy for taking you out of context and for making assumptions. I think we should ask ourselves before we post if we are glorifying God or the enemy ?

1 Peter 5:8 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: 9 whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

Ephesians 6:11 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Ephesians 6:17 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; 19 and for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,20 for which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

If we disagree, we need to check the context and point it out on the forum. We have a responsibility as the body of Christ to have each other's back regarding doctrine.

Is this not the love of God in action? God's love manifests itself in thoughts, words, and deeds of care and concern for our brethren (I John 4:7-11, 21-5:1). It should be our motivation in walking circumspectly, setting a right example and never giving even a hint of evil in our way of life. If we do these things, to our amazement we will prove to be the salt of the earth and the light of the world!

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Oct, 2019 01:02 PM

WE ARE NO LONGER UDER THE SUPERVISION OF THE OT LAW** Galatians 3:25!

Galatians 4:9,10: How is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable principles? Do you want to be enslaved by them all over again? You are observing **SPECIAL DAYS** and months and seasons and years. I fear for you. that somehow I have wasted my efforts on you!!

Colossians 2:16,17: Do dot let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard a special festival, a New Moon celebration or a **SABBATH DAY**! These are a **SHADOW** of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found **IN CHRIST**!!

In the New Testament **EVERY DAY** is the **LORD'S DAY** especially **TODAY**!!

Acts 2:44-46: All the believers were together and had everything in common. They sold property and possessions to give to everyone who had need. **EVERY DAY** they continued to meet together!!

Hebrews 3:12,13: See to it brothers and sisters that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But **ENCOURAGE ONE ANOTHER **DAILY**, as long as it is called **TODAY** so that none of you may be hardened by sins deceitfulness!

The Old Testament Sabbath Law:

Exodus 31:14-16: Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it is to be put to death; those who do **ANY WORK** on that day must be **CUT OFF** from their people... Whoever does **ANY WORK** on the Sabbath day is to be **PUT TO DEATH**!!

Exodus 35:2,3; Whoever does **ANY WORK** on the Sabbath must be put to death. Do not **LIGHT A FIRE** in any of your dwellings on the Sabbath day.

This was possible in Israel since it is about the same latitude of warm South Carolina. But anyone in the frigid parts of the earth must freeze to death in the winter since electricity would not be invented until over 2,000 years after this commandment was given!!

Matthew 12:1-12: Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath. His disciples were hungry and began to pick some heads of grain and eat them. When the Pharisees saw this, the said to Him, "Look your disciples are doing what is **UNLAWFUL ON THE SABBATH**. Jesus answered, "Haven't you heard of what David did when he and his companions were hungry? He entered the house of God, and he and his companions ate the consecrated bread--which was not lawful for them to do, but only for the priests... If you had known what these words mean, 'I desire mercy not sacrifice, you would not have condemned the innocent. For the Son of Man is **LORD OF THE SABBATH**!" Going from that place, Jesus went into their synagogue, and a man with a shriveled hand was there. Looking for a reason to being charges against Jesus, they asked Him, "IS IT LAWFUL TO HEAL ON THE SABBATH?" Jesus said to the, "If any of you has a sheep and it falls into a pit on the Sabbath?" Jesus said to them, "If any of you has a sheep and it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will you not take hold of it and lift it out? Therefore it is lawful to do good {*WORK*} on the Sabbath!" {While the OT Sabbath law above states that anyone who does **ANY WORK** on the Sabbath must be **PUT TO DEATH**!}

John 5:16-18: So because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the Jewish leaders began to persecute Him. In his defense Jesus said to them. "My Father is always at His work to this very day, and **I TOO AM **WORKING**!" For this reason they tried all the more to kill Him; not only was **HE BREAKING THE SABBATH**, but He was even calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God. {So Jesus claims that He is always **WORKING ON THE SABBATH** and according to OT law above **IF STILL IN EFFECT** Jesus who is God, was a **SINNER** and must be **PUT TO DEATH**!?????}

John 9:16: The Pharisees said of Jesus, "This man is not from God , for He does **NOT KEEP THE SABBATH**!"

KJVonly

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Oct, 2019 02:57 PM

Parrot quote:

John 5:16-18: So because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the Jewish leaders began to persecute Him. In his defense Jesus said to them. "My Father is always at His work to this very day, and **I TOO AM **WORKING**!" For this reason they tried all the more to kill Him; not only was **HE BREAKING THE SABBATH**, but He was even calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God. {So Jesus claims that He is always **WORKING ON THE SABBATH** and according to OT law above **IF STILL IN EFFECT** Jesus who is God, was a **SINNER** and must be **PUT TO DEATH**!?????}

John 9:16: The Pharisees said of Jesus, "This man is not from God , for He does **NOT KEEP THE SABBATH**!"

End quote

LOL. If the Sabbath was not in effect when Y'shua picked corn ,how then pray tell could he break it???

He was expounding on His Diety by being LORD of the Sabbath. His work is unconstrained by any person, matter, or thing, and cannot be obstructed by any hostile force. The fourth commandment did not forbid work absolutely, but labor for worldly gain. Activity in the work of God was both allowed and commanded. If there was hunger, eat, (e.g. pick corn). If an animal is in a ditch, pull it out. It is supposed to be a blessing not a burden.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Oct, 2019 03:28 PM

*WE* ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF THE LAW!! Galatians 3:25

Galatians 2:14-16,20,21; 3:2,5,10-13;23-25: Paul said, When I saw that they were not acting in line with the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter in front of them all, "You are a Jew, yet you live like a Gentile and not like a Jew. How is it, then that you force Gentiles to follow Jewish customs? We who are Jews by birth and not 'Gentile sinners' know that a man is NOT justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.!"

Galatians 2:20,21: The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"

Galatians 3:10-13: "All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law." Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, "The righteous will live by faith." The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, "The man who does these things will live by them." Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us!

Galatians 3:23-25: "Before faith came, we were held prisoners by the law, locked up until faith should be revealed. So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. Now that faith has come, *WE* ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF THE LAW!!"

Hebrews 7:18,19: The former regulation is SET ASIDE because it was weak and useless; for the law made nothing perfect, and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God.!

Hebrews 8:8,9,13: "The time is coming." says the Lord, "when I will make a New Covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah".... By calling this Covenant "NEW", He has made the first one OBSOLETE; and what is OBSOLETE and aging will soon disappear."

Hebrews 8:6: But the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which He is Mediator is SUPERIOR TO THE OLD ONE, and it is founded on better promises.

**WE ARE NO LONGER UDER THE SUPERVISION OF THE OT LAW** Galatians 3:25!

Galatians 4:9,10: How is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable principles? Do you want to be enslaved by them all over again? You are observing **SPECIAL DAYS** and months and seasons and years. I fear for you. that somehow I have wasted my efforts on you!!

Colossians 2:16,17: Do dot let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard a special festival, a New Moon celebration or a **SABBATH DAY**! These are a **SHADOW** of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found **IN CHRIST**!!

So it is now a sin to judge someone who works on the Sabbath Like Jesus did!

Acts 2:44-46: All the believers were together and had everything in common. They sold property and possessions to give to everyone who had need. **EVERY DAY** they continued to meet together!!

Hebrews 3:12,13: See to it brothers and sisters that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But **ENCOURAGE ONE ANOTHER **DAILY**, as long as it is called **TODAY** so that none of you may be hardened by sins deceitfulness!

Exodus 31:14-16: Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it is to be put to death; those who do **ANY WORK** on that day must be **CUT OFF** from their people... Whoever does **ANY WORK** on the Sabbath day is to be **PUT TO DEATH**!!

Exodus 35:2,3; Whoever does **ANY WORK** on the Sabbath must be put to death. Do not **LIGHT A FIRE** in any of your dwellings on the Sabbath day.

This was possible in Israel since it is about the same latitude of warm South Carolina. But anyone in the frigid parts of the earth must freeze to death in the winter since electricity would not be invented until over 2,000 years after this commandment was given!!

Matthew 12:1-12: Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath. His disciples were hungry and began to pick some heads of grain and eat them. When the Pharisees saw this, the said to Him, "Look your disciples are doing what is **UNLAWFUL ON THE SABBATH**. Jesus answered, "Haven't you heard of what David did when he and his companions were hungry? He entered the house of God, and he and his companions ate the consecrated bread--which was not lawful for them to do, but only for the priests... If you had known what these words mean, 'I desire mercy not sacrifice, you would not have condemned the innocent. For the Son of Man is **LORD OF THE SABBATH**!" Going from that place, Jesus went into their synagogue, and a man with a shriveled hand was there. Looking for a reason to being charges against Jesus, they asked Him, "IS IT LAWFUL TO HEAL ON THE SABBATH?" Jesus said to the, "If any of you has a sheep and it falls into a pit on the Sabbath?" Jesus said to them, "If any of you has a sheep and it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will you not take hold of it and lift it out? Therefore it is lawful to do good {*WORK*} on the Sabbath!" {While the OT Sabbath law above states that anyone who does **ANY WORK** on the Sabbath must be **PUT TO DEATH**!}

Matthew 28:18-20: Jesus says, "All authority on heaven and on earth has been given to Me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations.... Teaching them to **OBEY EVERYTHING** I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age!"

Matthew 24:35: Jesus says, "Heaven and earth will pass away, but **MY WORDS** will never pass away!"

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Oct, 2019 05:12 AM

Richard, you have posted the same scriptures HUNDREDS of times on this site.

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Oct, 2019 09:29 AM

*WE* ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF THE LAW!! Galatians 3:25

Galatians 2:14-16,20,21; 3:2,5,10-13;23-25: Paul said, When I saw that they were not acting in line with the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter in front of them all, "You are a Jew, yet you live like a Gentile and not like a Jew. How is it, then that you force Gentiles to follow Jewish customs? We who are Jews by birth and not 'Gentile sinners' know that a man is NOT justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.!"

Galatians 2:20,21: The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"

Galatians 3:10-13: "All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law." Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, "The righteous will live by faith." The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, "The man who does these things will live by them." Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us!

Galatians 3:23-25: "Before faith came, we were held prisoners by the law, locked up until faith should be revealed. So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. Now that faith has come, *WE* ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF THE LAW!!"

Hebrews 7:18,19: The former regulation is SET ASIDE because it was weak and useless; for the law made nothing perfect, and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God.!

Hebrews 8:8,9,13: "The time is coming." says the Lord, "when I will make a New Covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah".... By calling this Covenant "NEW", He has made the first one OBSOLETE; and what is OBSOLETE and aging will soon disappear."

Hebrews 8:6: But the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which He is Mediator is SUPERIOR TO THE OLD ONE, and it is founded on better promises.

**WE ARE NO LONGER UDER THE SUPERVISION OF THE OT LAW** Galatians 3:25!

So it is now a sin to judge someone who works on the Sabbath Like Jesus did!

Matthew 28:18-20: Jesus says, "All authority on heaven and on earth has been given to Me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations.... Teaching them to **OBEY EVERYTHING** I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age!"

Matthew 24:35: Jesus says, "Heaven and earth will pass away, but **MY WORDS** will never pass away!"

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Oct, 2019 11:37 PM

I think people can get too obsessed with the term "law" when reading the Bible. Yes, there are laws that we need to follow, but we're also doing ourselves a disservice when we make it sound like the Bible is a stuffy rule book, when it's not. It's much more. The laws that do exist our for us. Not to prevent us from having a good life, but to live life more abundantly and with each other.

When you read the Ten Commandments, the first three commandments are directly about our relationship with God, and the last seven are about how to relate to one another. They are there to help us all.

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Oct, 2019 05:29 AM

**THE ONLY THING THAT COUNTS IS **FAITH** EXPRESSING ITSELF THROUGH LOVE**!!{Galatians 5:6}

Acts 26:17,18: Jesus said to Paul, "I am sending you to the Gentiles to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are **SANCTIFIED BY FAITH**!"

Romans 1:17: For in the Gospel the righteousness of God is revealed--a righteousness that is **BY FAITH FROM FIRST TO LAST**!!

Romans 3:23-25: For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of His blood--to be received **BY FAITH**!!

Romans 3:27,28: Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. Because of what law? The law that requires works? **NO**, because of the law that **REQUIRES FAITH**! For we maintain that a person is **JUSTIFIED BY FAITH** apart from the works of the law!!

Romans 5:1,2: Therefore, since we have been **JUSTIFIED THOUGH FAITH**, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access **BY FAITH** into this grace in which we now stand!!

Romans 10:5-9: Moses writes about the righteousness that is by the law: "The person who does these things will live by them." {Lev 18:5} But the righteousness that comes **BY FAITH** says...The word is near you: it is in your mouth and in your heart, that is, the message concerning **FAITH** that we proclaim: IF you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your **FAITH** and are saved!!

Romans 12:3: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the **FAITH** God has distributed to each of you!!

Romans 14:23: Everything that does not come **FROM FAITH** is sin!!

2 Corinthians 1:24: We work with you for your joy, because it is **BY FAITH** you stand firm!!

2 Corinthians 5:6-10: We are always confident and know that as long as we are at home with the body we are away from the Lord. For we live **BY FAITH**, not by sight. We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord. So we make it our goal to please Him... For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad!!

Galatians 2:16: We know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but **BY FAITH** in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our **FAITH** in Christ Jesus that we may be **JUSTIFIED BY FAITH** in Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law **NO ONE WILL BE JUSTIFIED**!!

Galatians 3:23-26: Before the coming of this **FAITH**, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the **FAITH** that was to come would be revealed. So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be **JUSTIFIED BY FAITH**. Now that this **FAITH** has come we are **NO LONGER UNDER THE SUPERVION OF THE LAW**. So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God **THROUGH FAITH**!!

Galatians 5:5,6: For through the Spirit we eagerly await **BY FAITH** the righteousness for which we hope. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is **FAITH** expressing itself through **LOVE**!!

Ephesians 2:8-10: For it is by grace you have been saved, **THROUGH FAITH**--and this is not from yourselves, it is the **GIFT** of God, not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do!!

Ephesians 3:16,17: I pray that out of His glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts **THROUGH FAITH**!!

I Thessalonians 1:3: We remember before our God and Father you work produced **BY FAITH**!!

2 Thessalonians 1:3,4: We ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters, and rightly so, because your **FAITH** is growing **MORE AND MORE**....Therefore, among God's churches we boast about your perseverance and **FAITH** in all the persecutions and trials you are enduring!!

2 Thessalonians 1:11: We constantly pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of His calling, and that by His power He may bring to fruition your every desire for goodness and your every deed **PROMPTED BY FAITH**!!

I Timothy 1:3,4: Command certain people not to teach false doctrines any longer... Such things promote controversial speculations rather than advancing God's work--which is **BY FAITH**!!

2 Timothy 3:14,15: Continue in what you have learned and become convinced of...and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation **THROUGH FAITH** in Christ Jesus!!

Hebrews 11:1,3,6: So **FAITH** is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see...**BY FAITH** we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, in that what is seen was not made out of what was visible... Without **FAITH** it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He **REWARDS** those who earnestly seek Him!!

Matthew 16:27: Jesus says, “The Son of Man is going to come in His Father's glory with His angels and **THEN** He will **REWARD** each person according to what he has done!”

Hebrews 12:1,2: Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the Pioneer and Perfecter of our **FAITH**!!