Author Thread: Separated
Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Separated
Posted : 12 Oct, 2019 12:37 PM

There is a big difference between Legally separated and just separated.

I believe Legally it is ok to date someone, because your marriage is over except for legal matters. Usually financial reasons not yet agreed on or worked out.

Comments welcomed ladies !

Alligator

View Profile
History
Separated
Posted : 12 Oct, 2019 06:24 PM

to me, either legal process in the works, or just being apart is married. Without a divorce, you can drop your accusations and legal work at a moments notice and get back together. IMHO

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Separated
Posted : 13 Oct, 2019 04:15 AM

People who get legally separated have to pay a fee! Most couples probably do go ahead with that divorce. IMO. However, many divorced couples get remarried for some reason! Just because your divorced doesn't mean you don't still have strong feelings for your Ex.💕

Thing is people should make sure the person your involved with is emotional over the other person they were married too. Conversation and lots of it well usually identify that if they are.

Even Widow/Widower. Are not ready to move on for Years ifthen, after loosing their Spouses.

Ocean17

View Profile
History
Separated
Posted : 13 Oct, 2019 11:50 AM

I personally I decline to date anyone who is not divorced and so for some time. There is a healing time required to be able to move on even if it's been over for a while.

Just my experience....relationships are difficult as it is without having the past still creeping around. Choose well.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Separated
Posted : 13 Oct, 2019 07:49 PM

You're either married or you're not. Wouldn't dare date someone who is "separated", because they aren't separated before God at that time, and if I intrude on that relationship, I'm also intruding on God in that respect.

View Profile
History
Separated
Posted : 14 Oct, 2019 10:52 AM

I would not date someone who is separated or divorced.

bushfire^

View Profile
History
Separated
Posted : 14 Oct, 2019 05:41 PM

OP that's a very legalistic view point, one seen in your replies to other posts. I'll contrast it with wisdom. A wise person would not date a separated person or one recently divorced but allow that person to decompress and figure out their life. Hopefully the divorcee allows the Holy Spirit to guide and mature them so they don't end up marrying the same type of person again. I've heard many say they married someone different and yet they're going thru a second, third, or fourth divorce. They didn't marry someone different except in superficial aspects.

Chioniso

View Profile
History
Separated
Posted : 14 Oct, 2019 11:39 PM

Do not waste your precious time with someone who is under any type of separation. Thats wisdom. Infact you are committing sin. Also you cannot get into a serious relationship with recently divorced. They are still in confusion and surely need time to heal and decide what they want in life.

View Profile
History
Separated
Posted : 16 Oct, 2019 08:55 AM

Th

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Separated
Posted : 16 Oct, 2019 04:57 PM

Interesting comments!

I did say I dated a separated man, I just think if it's Legal then it's Lawful not married anymore. IMO

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Separated
Posted : 16 Oct, 2019 04:59 PM

Correction-. I didn't date !

Page : 1 2