Author Thread: The name of GOD Almighty
Admin

The name of GOD Almighty
Posted : 14 Oct, 2019 04:55 AM

In the word of GOD Almighty there are at least 27 names ofwhich reveal who He is, and what He is like in His character,attitude and personality.

Most of these names are compound such as Yehowah Rapha, which means GOD that heals.

In the English translations we read such TITLES as Lord and God,these are not names but rather titles of authority which reveal nothing about the person in these positions.

The name of GOD Almighty is YHWH or Yahweh, the name of Messiah is Yahshua, not Jesus as the letter 'J ' had not been in effect until years later.

When Messiah says to ask in my name, is that name Jesus or Yahshua.

View Profile
History
The name of GOD Almighty
Posted : 14 Oct, 2019 05:35 AM

**THE WONDERFUL NAMES OF JESUS CHRIST**!!

Jesus in English is Yeshua or Joshua in Hebrew and means **GOD IS HELP**!! Joshua in Hebrew is phonetically pronounced "YESHUA" since the "J" in Hebrew is pronounced "YEH". “Christ” comes from the Greek word "Christos", meaning “Anointed One” or “Chosen One.” This is the Greek equivalent of the Hebrew word Masheach, or “Messiah.” Jesus the Messiah in Hebrew is pronounced **YESHUA HA MASHEACH**

Matthew 1:21-23: The angel of the Lord said, " She will give birth to a Son, and you are to give Him the name **JESUS** {Which means **GOD IS HELP**}, because He will save His people from their sins." All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said {In Isaiah 7:14 below} through the prophet: "The virgin will conceive and give birth to a Son and they will all Him **IMMANUEL** which means **GOD WITH US**!"

Luke 2:9,10: An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them. The angel said, "I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a **SAVIOR** has been born to you; He is the **MESSIAH**, the **LORD**!"

Isaiah 7:14: "The Lord Himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a Son, and will call Him **IMMANUEL!" {Which means **GOD WITH US**! quoted in Matthew 1:23 above}

Isaiah 9:6: For to us a Child is born, to us a Son is given, and the government will be on His shoulders. And He will be called **WONDERFUL COUNSELOR** and **MIGHTY GOD**!

Titus 2:13,14: We wait for the **BLESSED HOPE**--the glorious appearing of our **GREAT GOD** AND **SAVIOR**, Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for Himself a people that are **HIS VERY OWN**, eager to do what is good!!

**JESUS CHRIST** is also called **THE LAMB OF GOD** **THE RESURRECTION AND THE LIFE** **THE GOOD SHEPHERD** **JUDGE** **LORD OF LORDS** **HEAD OF THE CHURCH** **MASTER** **FAITHFUL AND TRUE WITNESS** **THE ROCK** **HIGH PRIEST** **THE DOOR** **LIVING WATER** **BREAD OF LIFE** **ROSE OF SHARON** **ALPHA AND OMEGA** **THE BEGINNING AND THE END** THE TRUE VINE** **TEACHER** **PROPHET** **ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD** **HOLY ONE** **ONLY MEDIATOR** **LIGHT OF THE WORLD** **IMAGE OF THE INVISIBLE GOD** **THE WORD** **CHIEF CORNERSTONE** **SAVIOR** **AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF OUR FAITH** **THE ALMIGHTY** **KING OF KINGS** **PRINCE OF PEACE** **SON OF MAN** **REDEEMER** **BRIGHT MORNING STAR** **THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE**!!

View Profile
History
The name of GOD Almighty
Posted : 14 Oct, 2019 08:48 AM

The personthat posted the following has no idea what they are talking about.

Posted : 14 Oct, 2019 05:35 AM

Jesus in English is Yeshua or Joshua in Hebrew and means **GOD IS HELP**!! Joshua in Hebrew is phonetically pronounced "YESHUA" since the "J" in Hebrew is pronounced "YEH". “Christ” comes from the Greek word "Christos", meaning “Anointed One” or “Chosen One.” This is the Greek equivalent of the Hebrew word Masheach, or “Messiah.” Jesus the Messiah in Hebrew is pronounced **YESHUA HA MASHEACH**

Jesus is a western name, a Greek name not a Hebrew name.

In Biblical Hebrew there is no letter 'j'

YAHSHUA, and Jesus are two completely different names.

View Profile
History
The name of GOD Almighty
Posted : 14 Oct, 2019 12:33 PM

The above quote is completely ridiculous 99.9 percent of all Bible translators believe that **JESUS CHRIST** is the perfect English translation of the Hebrew name Yeshua Masheach!!

Matthew 1:21-23: The angel of the Lord said, " She will give birth to a Son, and you are to give Him the name **JESUS** {Which means **GOD IS HELP**}, because He will save His people from their sins." All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said {In Isaiah 7:14 below} through the prophet: "The virgin will conceive and give birth to a Son and they will all Him **IMMANUEL** which means **GOD WITH US**!"

Luke 2:9,10: An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them. The angel said, "I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a **SAVIOR** has been born to you; He is the **MESSIAH**, the **LORD**!"

Isaiah 7:14: "The Lord Himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a Son, and will call Him **IMMANUEL!" {Which means **GOD WITH US**! quoted in Matthew 1:23 above}

Isaiah 9:6: For to us a Child is born, to us a Son is given, and the government will be on His shoulders. And He will be called **WONDERFUL COUNSELOR** and **MIGHTY GOD**!

Titus 2:13,14: We wait for the **BLESSED HOPE**--the glorious appearing of our **GREAT GOD** AND **SAVIOR**, Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for Himself a people that are **HIS VERY OWN**, eager to do what is good!!

**JESUS CHRIST** is also called **THE LAMB OF GOD** **THE RESURRECTION AND THE LIFE** **THE GOOD SHEPHERD** **JUDGE** **LORD OF LORDS** **HEAD OF THE CHURCH** **MASTER** **FAITHFUL AND TRUE WITNESS** **THE ROCK** **HIGH PRIEST** **THE DOOR** **LIVING WATER** **BREAD OF LIFE** **ROSE OF SHARON** **ALPHA AND OMEGA** **THE BEGINNING AND THE END** THE TRUE VINE** **TEACHER** **PROPHET** **ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD** **HOLY ONE** **ONLY MEDIATOR** **LIGHT OF THE WORLD** **IMAGE OF THE INVISIBLE GOD** **THE WORD** **CHIEF CORNERSTONE** **SAVIOR** **AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF OUR FAITH** **THE ALMIGHTY** **KING OF KINGS** **PRINCE OF PEACE** **SON OF MAN** **REDEEMER** **BRIGHT MORNING STAR** **THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE**!!

KJVonly

View Profile
History
The name of GOD Almighty
Posted : 14 Oct, 2019 12:57 PM

Some people think that since Jesus is similar phonetically with Augustus , Gaius, etc, with the US on the end is pagan. Some even claim the name really mean Hail Zeus! So how did Y'shua become Jesus?

The IE in Iesous represents the "y" sound.The "s" represents the "sh" sound and the "ou" represents the "wa" sound with the"s" at the end making it masculine. The closest equivalent in Greek is: Iesua (femine) with Iesous (masculine) so the "s" is added to make it masculine~

IF you transliterate Hebrew into English , you get Joshua. If you transliterate Iesous from Greek to English you get Jesus. Joshua and Jesus are essentially the same. The name Iesous was used in Greek , Latin and English until the 17th century as my reproduction middle ages bible verifies. After that time the letter "J" was introduced as a replacement of the letter "I" when used as a consonant. Thus His name became JESUS. The only way to spell Y'shua in Greek was Iesous.

Compare these two names in Greek:

Zeus (/zjuːs/; Ancient Greek: Ζεύς,

Strong's 2424:

Strong's Concordance

Iésous: Jesus or Joshua, the name of the Messiah, also three other Isr.

Original Word: Ἰησοῦς, οῦ, ὁ

Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine

Transliteration: Iésous

Phonetic Spelling: (ee-ay-sooce')

Definition: Jesus or Joshua, the name of the Messiah, also three other Isr

Usage: Jesus; the Greek form of Joshua; Jesus, son of Eliezer; Jesus, surnamed Justus.

HELPS Word-studies

2424 Iēsoús – Jesus, the transliteration of the Hebrew term, 3091 /Lṓt ("Yehoshua"/Jehoshua, contracted to "Joshua") which means "Yahweh saves" (or "Yahweh is salvation").

As you can see , these names are VERY different!

Let's see what hail looks like in Greek~

χαλάζι

hail

Translations of to hail

verb

καλώ

call, invite, call on, hail, summon, dial

χαιρετώ

greet, salute, hail, hello

ζητωκραυγάζω

cheer, hail

None of these are present in the name Iesous.

Greek is not Hebrew and we shouldn't try to define Greek words based on a similar sound in Hebrew.

In English the word book refers to a document that is bound with a cover. Whereas in Chinese, book means cannot or must not.

The closest Hebrew equivalent to my name is Yochanan, meaning John and I claim it . It means God is gracious. And so too was he with John the Baptist. Just hope I don't lose my head! Yikes, Scooby!

KJVonly

View Profile
History
The name of GOD Almighty
Posted : 14 Oct, 2019 04:45 PM

Let me state that I NEVER called Jesus Zeus!

I said SOME people claim that Jesus means "Hail Zeus!"

It does not when we do a comparison.

In spanish the name Jesus is pronounced HEY ZEUS.

Does that make it a bad name? Should people not call their child Jesus if of spanish decent?

View Profile
History
The name of GOD Almighty
Posted : 15 Oct, 2019 05:35 AM

100 percent of all Bible translators believe that **JESUS CHRIST** is the perfect English translation of the Hebrew name Yeshua Masheach!! Every New Testament Bible translation uses the name **JESUS** over 1200 times and **CHRIST** over 500 times. Grace who is not a Greek or Hebrew scholar claims that only he is right and all the Greek and Hebrew scholars are wrong???

KJVonly

View Profile
History
The name of GOD Almighty
Posted : 15 Oct, 2019 11:44 AM

It is the name I got saved by of which there is only one in whatever language , it still has the same impact. I felt my cup run over when I got saved. I didn't understand it then til later. It was very similar to the anointing I read about much later in the Bible where the oil was poured over the head of the set apart OT priest, king or prophet and of which Jesus fills all three roles.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
The name of GOD Almighty
Posted : 18 Oct, 2019 06:25 AM

When your truly saved you don't have to question God's name!

You know His name and He knows your name !! Jehovah God !!

View Profile
History
The name of GOD Almighty
Posted : 19 Oct, 2019 09:17 PM

The?

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
The name of GOD Almighty
Posted : 20 Oct, 2019 09:48 AM

@PHOTO

Move On....