Author Thread: **THERE ARE ONLY TWO VERSES IN THE NEW TESTAMENT FOR GIVING TO PREACHERS AND TEACHERS AND OVER THIRTY VERSES FOR HELPING THE POOR AND *ZERO VERSES** FOR GIVING TO CHURCH BUILDINGS SINCE THE EARLY CHURCH HAD CHURCH IN THEIR HOUSES AND HOMES**
Admin

**THERE ARE ONLY TWO VERSES IN THE NEW TESTAMENT FOR GIVING TO PREACHERS AND TEACHERS AND OVER THIRTY VERSES FOR HELPING THE POOR AND *ZERO VERSES** FOR GIVING TO CHURCH BUILDINGS SINCE THE EARLY CHURCH HAD CHURCH IN THEIR HOUSES AND HOMES**
Posted : 15 Oct, 2019 09:02 PM

THERE ARE TWO VERSES IN THE NEW TESTAMENT FOR GIVING TO PREACHERS AND TEACHERS AND OVER THIRTY VERSES FOR HELPING THE POOR AND **ZERO VERSES** FOR GIVING FOR CHURCH BUILDINGS SINCE THE EARLY CHURCH HAD CHURCH IN THEIR HOUSES AND HOMES**

However, if you check the budgets of the Evangelical churches they only have about 1 percent for the poor and about 40 percent for the church buildings and their amenities!

Romans 16:5; ! Corinthians 1619; Colossians 4:15 and Philemon 1:2 shows that the early church held church in their own houses or homes!!

I Timothy 5:17,18: The elders who direct the affairs of the church well are worthy of double honor, especially those whose work is **PREACHING AND TEACHING** {Which would also include prophets and evangelists} For Scripture says, "Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain," and "The worker deserves his wages!"

I Corinthians 9:10,11,14: Whoever plows and threshes should be able to do so in the hope of sharing in the harvest. If we have sown spiritual seed among you, is it too much if we reap a material harvest from you.... The Lord has commanded that those who preach the Gospel should receive their living from the Gospel!

Ephesians 4:7,11-14: To each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it.... So Christ Himself {Not the churches} gives some to be **PROPHETS**, some to be **EVANGELISTS** and some to be **PASTORS** and **TEACHERS**, to equip His people for works of service , so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness in Christ!!

Romans 16:5: Greet also the **CHURCH** that meets at their **HOUSE**!

I Corinthians 16:19: Aquila and Priscilla greet you warmly in the Lord and so does the **CHURCH** that meets at their **HOUSE**!

Colossians 4:15: Give my greetings to the brothers and sisters at Laodicea, and to Nympha and the **CHURCH** in her **HOUSE**!

Philemon 1:2: To Philemon our dear friend and fellow worker--also to Apphia our sister and Archhippus our fellow soldier-- and to the **CHURCH** that meets in your **HOME**!

Acts 4:32: All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but **THEY SHARED **EVERYTHING** THEY HAD**!!

Acts 2:44,45: All the believers were together and had everything in common. They sold property and possessions **TO GIVE TO EVERYONE WHO HAD NEED**!

Luke 18:20-25: Jesus said to the rich man, "You still lack one thing. **SELL WHAT YOU HAVE AND GIVE TO THE POOR**, and you will have **TREASURE IN HEAVEN**. Then come, **FOLLOW ME**. When he heard this he became very sad, because he was very wealthy. Jesus looked at him and said, "How hard it is for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God! Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle then for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God!"

NOTE: In addition to eternal life Jesus also promised the rich man **ETERNAL TEASURES IN HEAVEN**!!

Acts 10:30-32: Cornelius said, "Three days sgo I was in my house praying at this hour, at three in the afternoon suddenly a man in shining clothes stood before meand said, "Cornelius, God has heard your prayer and remembered **YOUR GIFTS TO THE POOR**. Send to Joppa for Simon who is also called Peter!!

**JESUS PROMISES **ETERNAL REWARDS** OR **TREASURES IN HEAVEN**, NOT EARTHLY REWARDS, FOR HELPING OR SHARING WITH THE **POOR AND NEEDY** AND ALL OTHER GOOD DEEDS**!!

Matthew 6:1-4; 19-21: Jesus says, "When you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and the streets, to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you**GIVE TO THE NEEDY**, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret will **REWARD** you!"... "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth where moth and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves **TREASURES IN HEAVEN**, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your **TREASURE** is, there your **HEART** will be also!"

I Timothy 6:17-19: Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be **GENEROUS AND WILLING TO SHARE**. In this way they will lay up **TREASURE** for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, do that they may take hold of life that is truly life!

Luke 14:33,34: Jesus says, "When you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be **BLESSED**! Although they cannot repay you, you will be **REPAID AT THE RESURRECTION** of the righteous!"

Romans 12:13: Share with the Lord's people who are in need. Practice hospitality.

Ephesians 4:28: Work, doing something useful with your hands, so that you have **SOMETHING TO SHARE** with those in need! {**TO EARN ETERNAL HEAVENLY REWARDS AND NOT TO BECCOME PROSPEROUS**!!}

Romans 12:20,21: If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink... Do not be overcome by evil, but **OVERCOME EVIL WITH GOOD**!

Luke 11:33,34: Jesus says, "Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a **TREASURE** IN HEAVEN** {Not Treasures on Earth} that will never fail, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your **TREASURE** is, there your **HEART** will be also!"

2 Corinthians 9:6,7,9: Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. {With **TREASURES IN HEAVEN**} Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not relunctantly or under compulsion, for **GOD LOVES A CHEERFUL GIVER**!....As it is written: "They have scattered their gifts to the poor; their righteouness **ENDURES FOREVER**!"

Hebrews 13:16: Do not forget to do good and to **SHARE WITH OTHERS**, for with such sacrifices the Lord is pleased.

James 2:15,16: Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, "Go in peace; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead!

Isaiah 58:10: “ If you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday. ”

Matthew 5:42: Jesus says, “Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you. "

Acts 20:35: “In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, It is more blessed to give than to receive. ”

Proverbs 19:17: “Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will repay him for his deed. ”

Deuteronomy 15:7-8, 10-11: "If there is among you a poor man of your brethren, within any of the gates in your land which the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart nor shut your hand from your poor brother, but you shall open your hand wide to him and willingly lend him sufficient for his need, whatever he needs. You shall surely give to him, and your heart should not be grieved when you give to him, because for this thing the Lord your God will bless you in all your works and in all to which you put your hand. For the poor will never cease from the land; therefore I command you, saying, ‘You shall open your hand wide to your brother, to your poor and your needy, in your land.”

Psalm 41:1: “Blessed is he who considers the poor; The Lord will deliver him in time of trouble.”

Isaiah 61:1: “The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me, because the Lord has anointed Me to preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and the opening of the prison to those who are bound.”

James 2:2-4: “For if there should come into your assembly a man with gold rings, in fine apparel, and there should also come in a poor man in filthy clothes, and you pay attention to the one wearing the fine clothes and say to him, ‘You sit here in a good place,’ and say to the poor man, ‘You stand there,’ or ‘Sit here at my footstool.’ Have you not shown partiality among yourselves, and become judges with evil thoughts?”

13. Matthew 25:31-46: Jesus says, "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on the throne of his glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, and he will put the sheep at his right hand and the goats at the left. Then the king will say to those at his right hand, ‘Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and gave you food, or thirsty and gave you something to drink? And when was it that we saw you a stranger and welcomed you, or naked and gave you clothing? And when was it that we saw you sick or in prison and visited you?’ And the king will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.’ Then he will say to those at his left hand, ‘You that are accursed, depart from me into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not give me clothing, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ Then they also will answer, ‘Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not take care of you?’ Then he will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, just as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

However, if you check the budgets of the Evangelical churches they only have about 1 percent for the poor and about 40 percent for the church buildings and their amenities!

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
**THERE ARE ONLY TWO VERSES IN THE NEW TESTAMENT FOR GIVING TO PREACHERS AND TEACHERS AND OVER THIRTY VERSES FOR HELPING THE POOR AND *ZERO VERSES** FOR GIVING TO CHURCH BUILDINGS SINCE THE EARLY CHURCH HAD CHURCH IN THEIR HOUSES AND HOMES**
Posted : 19 Oct, 2019 11:09 AM

Richard I noticed that you are softening your original thread quote,

“However, if you check the budgets of the Evangelical churches they only have about 1 percent for the poor...”.

Now you’re saying to TOTH3M4X:

“Do you believe that it is OK that the average Evangelical church in the USA gives about 1 percent to the poor and needy.”

I don’t know what the “average” evangelical church gives to the poor but if your statistic hold true then certainly Christians must learn to give more charitably in accordance with biblical teaching.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Oct, 2019 11:16 AM

Thank you Richard for the following:

Posted : 19 Oct, 2019 10:59 AM

Little David: I attended Wheaton College, Calvin College and William Jennings Bryan College who all had mandatory daily chapel services on weekdays and attended Evangelical Southern Baptist churches for many years and I never heard even one word about giving to the poor!! It is possible that many Evangelicals do not believe that giving to the poor is an important part of the Gospel??

Are you now attending Southern Baptist Churches at present? I don’t want to get too personal, just want to know if you’re still in regular fellowship and accountable to others as we all should be.

As an aside, what do you think of Andy Stanley’s recent anti-biblical comments

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Oct, 2019 11:28 AM

Sounds like he just wants to tell people they're doing things wrong. We're also getting statistics with no source for them. Guess we're just supposed to take his word for it and open our wallets.

I agree that it is good to help the poor, but to what extent really depends on the situation. Sometimes we can help someone too much to the point they never learn to help themselves.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Oct, 2019 12:57 PM

Question by LittleDavid: "What do you think of Andy Stanley’s recent anti-biblical comments?"

Andy Stanley's approach to teaching/preaching presumes that the Bible is not living and active, that the gospel is not power, that the book is in fact kind of an old, crusty thing that really should be saved for after people have been softened up by our logic and understanding. In other words, Stanley believes the Bible needs our help, that his words are more effective than the Bible’s at reaching lost people. Which is just a way of saying that God’s Word isn’t good enough. A formal affirmation of inerrancy with a practical denial of sufficiency is actually an informal denial of inerrancy.

**WE ARE BORN AGAIN THROUGH THE LIVING AND ENDURING WORD OF GOD** 1 Peter 1:23

Deuteronomy 18:17-19: The Lord said to Moses, "I will raise up for them a Prophet like you from among your fellow Israelites, and I will put My words in His mouth. He will tell them **EVERYTHING** I command Him. I Myself will call to account anyone who does not listen to My words that the Prophet speaks in My name!!"

John 14:21-24: Jesus says, "Whoever has My commands and keeps them is the one who loves Me... Anyone who loves Me will obey My teaching, My Father will love them, and We will come to them and make Our home with them.. Anyone who does not love Me will not obey My teaching. These words you hear are not My own; they belong to the Father who sent Me!" {See Deut 18:17-19 above}

Luke 6:46-49: Jesus says, "As for everyone who comes to Me and hears **MY WORDS** and **PUTS THEM INTO PRACTICE**. I will show you what they are like. They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid foundation on rock. When the flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. But the one who hears **MY WORDS** and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete!"

I Peter 1:23-25: You have been **BORN AGAIN THROUGH THE LIVING AND ENDURING **WORD OF GOD**!! All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field, the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the **WORD OF THE LORD STANDS FOREVER**. And this is the **WORD** that was preached to you.

Matthew 24:35: Jesus says, Heaven and earth will pass away, but **MY WORDS WILL NEVER PASS AWAY**!"

I John 2:3-5: We know we have come to know Him {Jesus} if we obey His commands. The man who says, "I know Him," but does not do what He commands is a liar and the truth is not in him. But if anyone **OBEYS HIS WORD**, God's love is truly made complete in him!

Matthew 4:4: Jesus says, "Man does not live on bread alone, but on **EVERY WORD FROM THE MOUTH OF GOD**!"

Luke 8:15: Jesus says, "But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the **WORD**, retain it, and by perseverance produce a crop."

John 17:17: Jesus prays to His Father, "Sanctify them by the Truth, **YOUR WORD IS TRUTH**!"

Acts 20:32: Paul says, "Now I commit you to God and to the **WORD OF HIS GRACE**, which can build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified!"

Romans 10:17: Consequently, **FAITH COMES FROM HEARING THE MESSAGE**, and the message is heard **THROUGH THE WORD OF CHRIST**!

James 1:18; He chose to give us **BIRTH THROUGH THE WORD** of Truth!!

I Corinthians 15:2: By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the **WORD** preached to you. Otherwise you have believed in vain!

2 Corinthians 4:2: We do not use deception, nor do we distort the **WORD OF GOD**!

Ephesians 1:13: You also were included in Christ **WHEN** you heard the **WORD** of Truth, the gospel of your salvation.

Ephesians 2:17: Take the sword of the Spirit, which is the **WORD OF GOD**!

Colossians 1:25: I have become its servant by the commission God gave to me to present to you the **WORD OF GOD IN ALL ITS FULLNESS**!

Colossians 3:16: Let the **WORD OF CHRIST** dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom!

I Thessalonians 2:13: We thank God continually because, when you received the **WORD OF GOD**, which you heard from us, you received it not as the word of men, but as it actually is, the **WORD OF GOD**!

Acts 17:11,12: Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and **EXAMINED THE SCRIPTURES EVERY DAY**... As a result many of them believed!!

Psalm 118:147,148: I rise before dawn and cry for help; I have put my hope in **YOUR WORD**! My eyes stay open through the watches of the night, that I might meditate on **YOUR PROMISES**!!

2 Timothy 2:15: Do your best to present yourselves to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who **CORRECTLY HANDLES THE WORD ** of truth!

2 Timothy 3:15,16: 4:1,2: You have known the **HOLY SCRIPTURES**, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. **ALL SCRIPTURE IS GOD-BREATHED** and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of His appearing and His kingdom, I give you this charge: **PREACH THE WORD**!! {**WHICH IS THE ENTIRE NEW COVENANT AND NEW TESTAMENT**!!}

**DOES GOD"S WORD SAY THAT **ADDING** OR **TAKING WORD'S AWAY** FROM GOD's WORD IS AN UMPARDONABLE SIN**??

Revelation 22:16,18,19: "I, Jesus. have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the Churches.... I warn everyone who hears the **WORDS OF THE PROPHECY OF THIS BOOK**: If anyone **ADDS** {Like the RC popes} anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this Book {Including **ETERNAL HELL**} And if anyone **TAKES WORDS AWAY** {Like the RC pope} from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the Tree of Life and in the Holy City {The New Jerusalem}, which are described in this book."

John 16: Jesus says, "I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when he, the spirit of Truth comes, he will guide you into all the Truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will glorify Me because it is from Me that he will receive what he will make known to you!"

And holy spirit inspired the 8 writers of the 27 books of the New Testament to write everything Jesus told him to write!!

THE GREAT COMMISSION: Matthew 28:18-20: Jesus says, “All authority in heaven and on ***EARTH*** has been given to Me {Not some RC Pope}. Therefore go and make disciples of *ALL NATIONS*...teaching them to **OBEY EVERYTHING** {The entire NT} I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very *END OF THE AGE*!”

**EVERYTHING WOULD ALSO INCLUDE GIVING TO THE POOR**!!

Matthew 25:31-46: Jesus says, "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on the throne of his glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, and he will put the sheep at his right hand and the goats at the left. Then the king will say to those at his right hand, ‘Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and **YOU GAVE ME FOOD**, I was thirsty and you **GAVE ME SOMETHING TO DRINK**, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and **YOU GAVE ME CLOTHING**, I was sick and **YOU TOOK CARE OF ME**, I was in prison and you visited me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and **GAVE YOU FOOD**, or thirsty and **GAVE YOU SOMETHING TO DRINK**? And when was it that we saw you a stranger and welcomed you, or naked and **GAVE YOU CLOTHING**? And when was it that we saw you sick or in prison and **VISITED YOU**?’ And the king will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.’ Then he will say to those at his left hand, ‘You that are accursed, depart from me into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry and **YOU GAVE ME NO FOOD**, I was thirsty and **YOU GAVE ME NOTHING TO DRINK**, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and **YOU DID NOT GIVE ME CLOTHING**, sick and in prison and **YOU DID NOT VISIT ME**.’ Then they also will answer, ‘Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not take care of you?’ Then he will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, just as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Acts 10:30-32: Cornelius said, "Three days ago I was in my house praying at this hour, at three in the afternoon suddenly a man in shining clothes stood before me and said, "Cornelius, God has heard your prayer and remembered **YOUR GIFTS TO THE POOR**. Send to Joppa for Simon who is also called Peter!!

Acts 4:32: All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but **THEY SHARED **EVERYTHING** THEY HAD**!!

Acts 2:44,45: All the believers were together and had everything in common. They sold property and possessions **TO GIVE TO EVERYONE WHO HAD NEED**!

Luke 18:20-25: Jesus said to the rich man, "You still lack one thing. **SELL WHAT YOU HAVE AND GIVE TO THE POOR**, and you will have **TREASURE IN HEAVEN**. Then come, **FOLLOW ME**. When he heard this he became very sad, because he was very wealthy.

Ephesians 4:28: Work, doing something useful with your hands, so that you have **SOMETHING TO SHARE** with those in need! {**TO EARN ETERNAL HEAVENLY REWARDS AND NOT TO BECCOME PROSPEROUS**!!}

2 Corinthians 9:6,7,9: Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. {With **TREASURES IN HEAVEN**} Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for **GOD LOVES A CHEERFUL GIVER**!....As it is written: "They have scattered their **GIFTS TO THE POOR**; their righteousness **ENDURES FOREVER**!"

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Oct, 2019 07:43 PM

Some people say it is "Not Living", and some people say we need to "tithe 20 percent or we are sinning. " Incorrect is incorrect.

God's Word says our salvation is secured through calling upon the name of Jesus Christ. If we err in understanding when it comes to other things, then we are in need of correction, but God still loves us all the same.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Oct, 2019 05:46 AM

There are some people who claim that the Bible is the inspired Words of God who believe that Matthew 25:31-46 below will not take place on Judgment Day!!

Matthew 25:31-46: Jesus says, "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on the throne of his glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, and he will put the sheep at his right hand and the goats at the left. Then the king will say to those at his right hand, ‘Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and **YOU GAVE ME FOOD**, I was thirsty and you **GAVE ME SOMETHING TO DRINK**, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and **YOU GAVE ME CLOTHING**, I was sick and **YOU TOOK CARE OF ME**, I was in prison and you visited me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and **GAVE YOU FOOD**, or thirsty and **GAVE YOU SOMETHING TO DRINK**? And when was it that we saw you a stranger and welcomed you, or naked and **GAVE YOU CLOTHING**? And when was it that we saw you sick or in prison and **VISITED YOU**?’ And the king will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.’ Then he will say to those at his left hand, ‘You that are accursed, depart from me into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry and **YOU GAVE ME NO FOOD**, I was thirsty and **YOU GAVE ME NOTHING TO DRINK**, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and **YOU DID NOT GIVE ME CLOTHING**, sick and in prison and **YOU DID NOT VISIT ME**.’ Then they also will answer, ‘Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not take care of you?’ Then he will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, just as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Matthew 24:35: Jesus says, Heaven and earth will pass away, but **MY WORDS WILL NEVER PASS AWAY**!"

John 14:21-24: Jesus says, "Whoever has My commands and keeps them is the one who loves Me... Anyone who loves Me will obey My teaching, My Father will love them, and We will come to them and make Our home with them.. Anyone who does not love Me will not obey My teaching.

Acts 10:30-32: Cornelius said, "Three days ago I was in my house praying at this hour, at three in the afternoon suddenly a man in shining clothes stood before me and said, "Cornelius, God has heard your prayer and remembered **YOUR GIFTS TO THE POOR**. Send to Joppa for Simon who is also called Peter!!

Luke 18:20-25: Jesus said to the rich man, "You still lack one thing. **SELL WHAT YOU HAVE AND GIVE TO THE POOR**, and you will have **TREASURE IN HEAVEN**. Then come, **FOLLOW ME**. When he heard this he became very sad, because he was very wealthy.

2 Corinthians 9:6,7,9: Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. {With **TREASURES IN HEAVEN**} Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for **GOD LOVES A CHEERFUL GIVER**!....As it is written: "They have scattered their **GIFTS TO THE POOR**; their righteousness **ENDURES FOREVER**!"

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Oct, 2019 07:22 AM

Richard, you sometimes say the right thing but then you mix in some bad. I think if you were to study more carefully you could easily get on the right track.

I hesitate to recommend Wheaton College and many other schools like them and I’ve been concerned about their liberal inclinations.

I wonder if the “genesis” of their departure from God’s word actually began with their acceptance of false interpretations of the 1st and 2nd chapters of the book of Genesis.

It seems they were quick to believe the testimony of fallible sinful men instead of believing the INFALLIBLE Word God.

God IS and was the ONLY eye witness to the creation story. Charles Darwin and his gullible followers were not.

Sadly, too many “theologians” opt to follow Charles Darwin’s false teachings at various degrees and in different stages.

Some chose theistic evolution while certain others, like the silly gap theorists, reject evolution but unwittingly interpret Genesis 1&2 according to the principles of evolution.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Oct, 2019 09:41 AM

Little David: I went to Wheaton College over 50 years ago when they were extremely Evangelical and conservative. Since then they have added some liberal teachers.

Question by LittleDavid: "What do you think of Andy Stanley’s recent anti-biblical comments?"

Andy Stanley's approach to teaching/preaching presumes that the Bible is not living and active, that the gospel is not power, that the book is in fact kind of an old, crusty thing that really should be saved for after people have been softened up by our logic and understanding. In other words, Stanley believes the Bible needs our help, that his words are more effective than the Bible’s at reaching lost people. Which is just a way of saying that God’s Word isn’t good enough. A formal affirmation of inerrancy with a practical denial of sufficiency is actually an informal denial of inerrancy.

Little David: I had thought that you agreed with Andy Stanley since you only included **ONE** Bible verse in your last 40 posts!!

**WE ARE BORN AGAIN THROUGH THE LIVING AND ENDURING WORD OF GOD** 1 Peter 1:23

Deuteronomy 18:17-19: The Lord said to Moses, "I will raise up for them a Prophet like you from among your fellow Israelites, and I will put My words in His mouth. He will tell them **EVERYTHING** I command Him. I Myself will call to account anyone who does not listen to My words that the Prophet speaks in My name!!"

John 14:21-24: Jesus says, "Whoever has My commands and keeps them is the one who loves Me... Anyone who loves Me will obey My teaching, My Father will love them, and We will come to them and make Our home with them.. Anyone who does not love Me will not obey My teaching. These words you hear are not My own; they belong to the Father who sent Me!" {See Deut 18:17-19 above}

Luke 6:46-49: Jesus says, "As for everyone who comes to Me and hears **MY WORDS** and **PUTS THEM INTO PRACTICE**. I will show you what they are like. They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid foundation on rock. When the flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. But the one who hears **MY WORDS** and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete!"

I Peter 1:23-25: You have been **BORN AGAIN THROUGH THE LIVING AND ENDURING **WORD OF GOD**!! All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field, the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the **WORD OF THE LORD STANDS FOREVER**. And this is the **WORD** that was preached to you.

I John 2:3-5: We know we have come to know Him {Jesus} if we obey His commands. The man who says, "I know Him," but does not do what He commands is a liar and the truth is not in him. But if anyone **OBEYS HIS WORD**, God's love is truly made complete in him!

Matthew 4:4: Jesus says, "Man does not live on bread alone, but on **EVERY WORD FROM THE MOUTH OF GOD**!"

Luke 8:15: Jesus says, "But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the **WORD**, retain it, and by perseverance produce a crop."

John 17:17: Jesus prays to His Father, "Sanctify them by the Truth, **YOUR WORD IS TRUTH**!"

Acts 20:32: Paul says, "Now I commit you to God and to the **WORD OF HIS GRACE**, which can build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified!"

Romans 10:17: Consequently, **FAITH COMES FROM HEARING THE MESSAGE**, and the message is heard **THROUGH THE WORD OF CHRIST**!

James 1:18; He chose to give us **BIRTH THROUGH THE WORD** of Truth!!

I Corinthians 15:2: By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the **WORD** preached to you. Otherwise you have believed in vain!

2 Corinthians 4:2: We do not use deception, nor do we distort the **WORD OF GOD**!

Ephesians 1:13: You also were included in Christ **WHEN** you heard the **WORD** of Truth, the gospel of your salvation.

Ephesians 2:17: Take the sword of the Spirit, which is the **WORD OF GOD**!

Colossians 1:25: I have become its servant by the commission God gave to me to present to you the **WORD OF GOD IN ALL ITS FULLNESS**!

Colossians 3:16: Let the **WORD OF CHRIST** dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom!

I Thessalonians 2:13: We thank God continually because, when you received the **WORD OF GOD**, which you heard from us, you received it not as the word of men, but as it actually is, the **WORD OF GOD**!

Acts 17:11,12: Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and **EXAMINED THE SCRIPTURES EVERY DAY**... As a result many of them believed!!

Psalm 118:147,148: I rise before dawn and cry for help; I have put my hope in **YOUR WORD**! My eyes stay open through the watches of the night, that I might meditate on **YOUR PROMISES**!!

2 Timothy 2:15: Do your best to present yourselves to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who **CORRECTLY HANDLES THE WORD ** of truth!

2 Timothy 3:15,16: 4:1,2: You have known the **HOLY SCRIPTURES**, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. **ALL SCRIPTURE IS GOD-BREATHED** and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of His appearing and His kingdom, I give you this charge: **PREACH THE WORD**!! {**WHICH IS THE ENTIRE NEW COVENANT AND NEW TESTAMENT**!!}

**DOES GOD"S WORD SAY THAT **ADDING** OR **TAKING WORD'S AWAY** FROM GOD's WORD IS AN UMPARDONABLE SIN**??

Revelation 22:16,18,19: "I, Jesus. have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the Churches.... I warn everyone who hears the **WORDS OF THE PROPHECY OF THIS BOOK**: If anyone **ADDS** {Like the RC popes} anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this Book {Including **ETERNAL HELL**} And if anyone **TAKES WORDS AWAY** {Like the RC pope} from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the Tree of Life and in the Holy City {The New Jerusalem}, which are described in this book."

John 16: Jesus says, "I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when he, the spirit of Truth comes, he will guide you into all the Truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will glorify Me because it is from Me that he will receive what he will make known to you!"

And holy spirit inspired the 8 writers of the 27 books of the New Testament to write everything Jesus told him to write!!

THE GREAT COMMISSION: Matthew 28:18-20: Jesus says, “All authority in heaven and on ***EARTH*** has been given to Me {Not some RC Pope}. Therefore go and make disciples of *ALL NATIONS*...teaching them to **OBEY EVERYTHING** {The entire NT} I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very *END OF THE AGE*!”

**EVERYTHING WOULD ALSO INCLUDE GIVING TO THE POOR**!!

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Oct, 2019 12:41 AM

Richard says

Little David: I had thought that you agreed with Andy Stanley since you only included **ONE** Bible verse in your last 40 posts!!

END QUOTE

Richard is in his usual habit of committing reasoning errors and snap judgments.

In fact, the Bible has some verses about judging the Richard might want to study and quote in lengthy posts to himself.

Since you copy and paste lengthy sections of out of context verses, I would expect you to read all this lengthy set of verses on judging because each is relevant to your last post.

Matthew

1 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. 3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

Luke 6:37-42

37 “Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. 38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” 39 He also told them this parable: “Can the blind lead the blind? Will they not both fall into a pit? 40 The student is not above the teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like their teacher. 41 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 42 How can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

John 8:1-8

1 but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. 2 At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. 3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” 6 They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him. But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

Luke 6:31-36

31 Do to others as you would have them do to you. 32 “If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that. 34 And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full. 35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

James 4:11-12

Chapter Parallel Compare

11 Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against a brother or sister or judges them speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it. 12 There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you—who are you to judge your neighbor?

Cont.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Oct, 2019 01:23 AM

Richard, some people have a lengthy history of quoting verses out of contexts without regard to their original meanings because they haphazardly paste and copy from the handy topical Bible.

Unfortunately, the flippant uninformed copier seems unaware that various verses on specific topics do not always cover the exact subject matter.

For example, take the word “love”.

Love for one’s neighbor does not exactly belong in the same specific category as love for one’s sin.

It would be ridicules to flippantly quote verses about love of sin especially when a particular discussion thread is about love for one’s neighbor.

The real purpose of a topical Bible and its unique design to aid the student of scripture with all the biblical verses on a given topic in one easy to find location. From there, an aware student is able to select those verses that are relevant to his specific study.

Richard, here are some more verses on judging for you.

Hopefully you’re gaining insights about possible reasons other people do things differently than you.

Matthew 7:12

12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

James 3:17

17 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.

Hebrews 4:12

12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

2 Timothy 3:14-17

14 But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, 15 and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

John 12:46-47

46 I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness. 47 “If anyone hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge that person. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world.

John 5:24

24 “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

Ephesians 4:29

Chapter

29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

Popular Bible Verse Topics:

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6