Author Thread: When you become a man's peace, stay vigilant!
KJVonly

View Profile
History
When you become a man's peace, stay vigilant!
Posted : 26 Oct, 2019 12:44 AM

Becoming a man's peace begats great responsibility!

Women may be unaware of the influence they wield over a man. As a woman you have to be sensitive to the power behind the influence. Sadly, satan's power was behind Delilah because she allowed it...

Judges 16

15 And she said unto him, How canst thou say, I love thee, when thine heart is not with me? thou hast mocked me these three times, and hast not told me wherein thy great strength lieth.

16 And it came to pass, when she pressed him daily with her words, and urged him, so that his soul was vexed unto death;

17 That he told her all his heart, and said unto her, There hath not come a razor upon mine head; for I have been a Nazarite unto God from my mother's womb: if I be shaven, then my strength will go from me, and I shall become weak, and be like any other man.

It did not end well for Samson..

21 But the Philistines took him, and put out his eyes, and brought him down to Gaza, and bound him with fetters of brass; and he did grind in the prison house.

25 And it came to pass, when their hearts were merry, that they said, Call for Samson, that he may make us sport. And they called for Samson out of the prison house; and he made them sport: and they set him between the pillars.

26 And Samson said unto the lad that held him by the hand, Suffer me that I may feel the pillars whereupon the house standeth, that I may lean upon them.

27 Now the house was full of men and women; and all the lords of the Philistines were there; and there were upon the roof about three thousand men and women, that beheld while Samson made sport.

28 And Samson called unto the Lord, and said, O Lord God, remember me, I pray thee, and strengthen me, I pray thee, only this once, O God, that I may be at once avenged of the Philistines for my two eyes.

29 And Samson took hold of the two middle pillars upon which the house stood, and on which it was borne up, of the one with his right hand, and of the other with his left.

30 And Samson said, Let me die with the Philistines. And he bowed himself with all his might; and the house fell upon the lords, and upon all the people that were therein. So the dead which he slew at his death were more than they which he slew in his life.

And Esther who had the power of Yahuwah behind her.

Esther is described in the Book of Esther as a Jewish queen of the Persian king Ahasuerus (commonly identified as Xerxes I, reigned 486–465 BCE). ... The king's chief advisor, Haman, is offended by Esther's cousin and guardian, Mordecai, and gets permission from the king to have all the Jews in the kingdom killed.

Not much is revealed about her character, but she is described as beautiful (2:7) and obedient (2:10), and she appears to be pliant and cooperative. She quickly wins the favor of the chief eunuch, Hegai, and, when her turn comes to spend the night with the king, Ahasuerus falls in love with her and makes her his queen. All this takes place while Esther keeps her Jewish identity secret (Esth 2:10, 20).

When she first learns of Haman’s plot and the threat to the Jews, her reaction is one of helplessness. She cannot approach the king without being summoned, on pain of death, and the king has not summoned her in thirty days, implying that she has fallen out of favor (Esth 4:11). However, following Mordecai’s insistent prodding, she resolves to do what she can to save her people, ending with the ringing declaration “After that I will go to the king, though it is against the law; and if I perish, I perish” (Esth 4:16). The pliant and obedient Esther has become a woman of action.

She appears unsummoned before King Ahasuerus, who not only does not kill her, but promises to grant her request (the text here, as throughout, does not mention God, but God’s providence is clearly in the background). In a superb moment of understatement, Esther asks the king to a dinner party (Esth 5:4)! The king, accompanied by Haman, attends Esther’s banquet and again seeks to discover her request, which she once more deflects with an invitation to another dinner party. Only at the second dinner party, when the king is sufficiently beguiled by her charms, does she reveal her true purpose: the unmasking of Haman and his plot. She reveals, for the first time, her identity as a Jew and accuses Haman of the plot to destroy her and her people. The volatile king springs to the defense of the woman to whom he was indifferent three days earlier, Haman is executed, and the Jews receive permission to defend themselves from their enemies, which they do with great success (Esther 7–9). The book ends with Mordecai elevated to the office of grand vizier and power now concentrated in the hands of Esther.

In our modern culture with divorces at an all time high, addicted parents, LGBTQ confused genders, sexual abuse, grandparents raising grandchildren, absent mothers and fathers overseas , mass shootings, 9/11, domestic violence/verbal abuse and emotionally distant caregivers, all of which cultivates undetected trauma in children and adolescents and even adults. The children may all of a sudden act out of character or rebel and usually when grown carry this baggage into new relationships.

It is imperative that we examine ourselves and our past and identify triggers so that we can begin to heal.

Alot of us are walking around as grown wounded children from childhood traumas and unknowingly the baggage takes dominance in a relationship , which causes most to become avoidant (The hot and cold partner) with the other end of the spectrum being anxious. (preoccupied/obsessive)

It leaves the other partner bewildered until you begin to become informed and can understand that person's wounds then you won't take it all so personally and can begin to support each other.

With that being said, it is important to be on guard against satan in your relationships because he will use your baggage against you and your partner. He hates love and marriage and will not rest day or night to put a wedge between the both of you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2019 10:23 AM

If someone is abusive in a relationship, it's because they choose to be abusive. It has nothing to do with the other person's actions and nothing to with their past.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2019 05:23 PM

Those abusive persons are such because the ones abused allow it and so the former, lacking respect, continue their abuse.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2019 05:50 PM

That is not true and the fact that you said that shows that you do not understand what abuse is like. Abuse is always the fault of the abuser, never the victim.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2019 07:38 PM

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/jun/24/its-like-you-go-to-abuse-school-how-domestic-violence-always-follows-the-same-script

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Oct, 2019 02:34 PM

>>>"Those abusive persons are such because the ones abused allow it and so the former, lacking respect, continue their abuse."

Absolutely not correct. Every abuser is 100% responsible for their own actions. To say otherwise is to lessen their responsibility and place it on someone else.

Abused partners stay in damaging situations for a variety of reasons. They often don't have financial means, or they share custody of the children and leaving would mean abandoning them, they're afraid of retaliation and the police can't protect them adequately, they don't have family support, or their self esteem is so damaged they are just resigned to the abuse.

You don't see a dog being beaten by its owner and blame the dog for allowing the abuse. You don't see someone in a nursing home being starved and blame them for not changing the situation. You don't see a teen in foster care being molested and blame them for not moving out.

The abuser is always the guilty party. The abused party needs support and encouragement to move out of the situation, not condemnation and "You deserved it". Something took away their power, and as long as they are with their abuser, it's extremely difficult for them to break tht cycle.

God sees everything and He collects our tears in a bottle because what happens to us matters to Him. Be very careful not to add to an abused person's burden, or you may find yourself coming under fire when God moves to act protectively on their behalf.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Oct, 2019 02:41 PM

>>>"Those abusive persons are such because the ones abused allow it and so the former, lacking respect, continue their abuse."

Absolutely not correct. Every abuser is 100% responsible for their own actions. To say otherwise is to lessen their responsibility and place it on someone else.

Abused partners stay in damaging situations for a variety of reasons. They often don't have financial means, or they share custody of the children and leaving would mean abandoning them, they're afraid of retaliation and the police can't protect them adequately, they don't have family support, or their self esteem is so damaged they are just resigned to the abuse.

You don't see a dog being beaten by its owner and blame the dog for allowing the abuse. You don't see someone in a nursing home being starved and blame them for not changing the situation. You don't see a teen in foster care being molested and blame them for not moving out.

The abuser is always the guilty party. The abused party needs support and encouragement to move out of the situation, not condemnation and "You deserved it". Something took away their power, and as long as they are with their abuser, it's extremely difficult for them to break tht cycle.

God sees everything and He collects our tears in a bottle because what happens to us matters to Him. Be very careful not to add to an abused person's burden, or you may find yourself coming under fire when God moves to act protectively on their behalf.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2019 12:45 AM

Hey, hold your horses. Lol. I'm not saying that the abuser is blameless. All I said was the abuse continues because the abused allows it. If the victim has the guts to stop it, stand his/ her ground, leave the relationship, seek help, report to authorities, or maybe ask for a restraining order, then it will stop.

Rayne5

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2019 04:28 AM

No, it won't always stop. In some cases the abuse worsens. Restraining orders are just pieces of paper, it won't stop a determined abuser from continuing abuse and/or killing the victim. There are programs that exist to help abuse victims flee their situations, and often they have to stay in hiding, change their names, etc in order to stay safe. But finding and accepting help is a huge step for someone who truly believes they have no hope of escape. They may not be physically chained, but they are emotionally/mentally chained to the abuser.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2019 07:24 AM

The most dangerous time for a woman is when she leaves an abuser. A woman is much, much, more likely to be killed at that time than any other time. Even an abuser who has never been physically violent before might escalate to murder at that time.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2019 07:28 AM

The question is not "why doesn't she leave?" or "why does she put up with it?" The question is "why does he do that?"

Did you read the link? Because even trained soldiers can't resist the tactics that abusers use.

Page : 1 2