Author Thread: This is often Sensitive topic with some churches
Moonlight7

View Profile
History
This is often Sensitive topic with some churches
Posted : 26 Oct, 2019 07:53 AM

What do you have in way of scripture to promote a woman in church.

Bishop

Pastor

Minister

1Timothy 2:11-14

NKJV

Let a woman learn in silence and all submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man but to be in silence. For Adam was formed first then Eve. And Adam was not deceived , but the woman being deceived , fell into transgression.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2019 07:56 AM

Note

If you don't believe in going to a church, don't bother responding.

Many Christians enjoy gathering in church with others or even at homes for Bible study. In other words, you like Fellowship with others.

💕

Servantfiss

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2019 08:12 AM

@ cupcakeme ,

I am so thankful that you asked that question and then posted that scripture . The fact that so many denominations are bringing in the " Doctrines of man " into what is suppose to be a place of worship is indeed an abomination .

Not that a woman isn't smart enough or gifted enough to be in such a position , but the fact He Himself forbids it is the issue .

Women are commanded to teach other women as it is written :

Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;

Titus 2:4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,

Titus 2:5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

On this subject we should consider those denominations , sects , " cults " if you will that have strayed so far away from the Word and teach such things , oh and yes , so many others . We all need to compare those groups of people and what they teach to those found in scripture that did the same . What did scripture call them ? What was the command regarding such ? And more over , how are we commanded to deal with them ? Yes , it comes at a cost , but consider the price that will be paid if we do not obey .

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2019 10:02 AM

** WHAT DOES GOD'S WORD SAY ABOUT THE PREACHING AND TEACHING OF MEN AND WOMEN IN THE CHURCH**??

Titus 1:6-9: An **ELDER** must be blameless, faithful to **HIS** wife, a **MAN** whose children believe... Since an **OVERSEER** manages God's household, **HE** must be blameless... **HE** must **HOLD FIRMLY** to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that **HE** can encourage others by **SOUND DOCTRINE and **REFUTE THOSE** WHO OPPOSE IT**.

I Timothy 5:17: The **ELDERS**{ONLY MEN} who direct rhe affairs of the church well are worthy of a double honor, especially those whose work is **PREACHING ** and **TEACHING**!

I Timothy 3:1 Whoever desires to be an **OVERSEER** desires a noble task. Now the **OVERSEER**is to be above reproach, faithful to **HIS** wife, tenperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable and **ABLE TO TEACH**!!

I Timothy 2:11: A **WOMAN** should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a **WOMEN** **TO TEACH** or to assume authority **OVER A MAN**!

I Corinthians 15:34,35:**WOMEN** should renain silent in the churches, They are not allowed **TO SPEAK**, but must be in submission, as the law says. If they want to inquire about anything, they should ask their husbands at home; for it is **DISGRACEFUL** for a **WOMAN** **TO SPEAK IN THE CHURCH**!!

2 Peter 3:15,16: Bear in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our **DEAR BROTHER PAUL** also wrote you with the **WISDOM GOD GAVE TO HIM**. He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand {To unbelievers} which **IGNORANT AND UNSTABLE PEOPLE DISTORT**, as they do other Scriptures, to their own **DESTRUCTION**!

I Timothy 3:16,17: All Scripture is **GOD-BREATHEED** and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead and in view of His appearing and His Kingdom, I give you this charege: **PREACH THE WORD**; be prepared in season in out of season, correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear!!

I Peter 1:23-25: For you have been **BORN AGAIN**, not of perishable seed but the imperishable, through the living and enduring **WORD OF GOD**. For all people are like grass, and all their glory is like flowers in the field; the grass withers and the flowers fail, but the **WORD OF THE LORD ENDURES FOREVER**!!

**HOWEVER WOMEN MAY TEACH OTHER WOMEN**!

Titus 2:3,4: Teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the Word of God!!

Women may also teach their own children. Some theologians teach that it is ok for a women to teach boys 12 years old and younger since they are not considered to be men until age 13. Jesus first started to teach in the Temple at age 12 1/2 as per Luke 2:42,46.

Women may also teach a man in their home when their husband is present as per Acts 18:26: He began to speak boldly in the synagogue. When Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they invited **HIM** to their home and explained to him the way of God more adequately.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2019 10:21 AM

Prophetic

That's an interesting statement, Jesus was 121/2 when he taught in the Temple.

Jesus was called if God, His father from the time He was born of a virgin, Mary.

What does that have to do with a woman teaching ?

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2019 10:30 AM

What about Deborah and Jael the Deliverers of Isreal. ( Judges 4:1-3 )

I would say that was Leadership!

Without proper learshio, the Church is like a ship without a rudder.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2019 10:54 AM

Some theologians teach that it is ok for a women to teach boys 12 years old and younger since they are not considered to be men until age 12. Jesus first started to teach in the Temple at age 12 1/2 as per Luke 2:42,46. So then some theologians teach that Jesus considered Himself to be a boy and therefore to young to teach until He became a man when He was 12 years old. Of course there are many theologians who disagree with this theory.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2019 10:57 AM

2John 1:1 jkv

The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only but also all they that have known the truth;

Reference

Seems this scripture is speaking of a Christian woman.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2019 11:00 AM

KJV

Servantfiss

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2019 02:36 PM

@ cupcakeme , unless a woman can be a husband , she cannot have a leadership role of any kind .

1Ti 3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

And other passages if you did not like that one .

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2019 03:33 PM

I'm discussing only scripture! It's not about what I like, Servantfiss.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10