Author Thread: True Worship for Believers in Christ Jesus
Moonlight7

View Profile
History
True Worship for Believers in Christ Jesus
Posted : 2 Nov, 2019 11:47 AM

People go to church on Sunday to worship God, but is worship what they are doing? Often people associate the word with music in service , but its meaning involves much more than that.

When a person's mind is occupied with thoughts of God , the heart overflows in an outpouring of awe, adoration, and praise to Him.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Nov, 2019 11:50 AM

The more we seek to understand and know God, the deeper and more meaningful our worship will be. We all need to grow in this area.

Read

Exodus 20:1-7

KJV

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Nov, 2019 12:39 PM

Jesus called this the greatest commandment , "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. and with all your strength"(Mark 12:30).

This is the greatest kind of Worship.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Nov, 2019 12:41 PM

If our hearts, minds, and wills are not focused on and submitted to the Lord, our efforts of worship will fall short.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Nov, 2019 12:49 PM

God is holy, perfectly righteous, almighy, all-knowing, and unchanging. God is self-existent, unaffected by the passage of time, and needs nothing and no one.

God is our Creator, who is transcendent above, beyond, and separate from His creation.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Nov, 2019 08:57 AM

Focus should be on sinful man and his redemption through Faith in Jesus Christ and what He did on the cross. Jesus died for the sins of Mankind.

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Nov, 2019 10:00 PM

When I grew up, we put on good clothes for Sunday, even the poorest people were clean and neat. We were quiet while the sermon was preached. We sang songs from hymn books. 45 years later I went to a different church and became a born again Christian. Presently, i have noticed when I travel, that churches are a social event, not worship. Summer shorts and T-shirts are worn by both men and women. Children are noisy,j and coffee & cookies are served before church "starts". In the past 2 years, i have had occasion to be in at least 5 churches like this, and sad to say, my home church is leaning this way. That is NOT worship. it's a social event. God is not pleased with this.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Nov, 2019 12:37 AM

lift up holy hands,clap Your hands,rejoice!bless the name of The Lord , God's concern is the condition of Your heart, He has no interest in your fashion.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Dec, 2019 10:57 AM

Jesus had to open the eyes of the people before they could truly see. The same is true of people today! Faith is impossible without the Holy Spirit.

God's promises help us to be courageous and bold when facing challenges. But many don't believe them to be true.

Reference read

Luke 24: 13-49 KJV

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Dec, 2019 10:59 AM

As you read Scripture, ask the Holy Spirit to point out applicable promises for Your life.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Dec, 2019 06:26 AM

Romans 10:9-10 KJV

That if thou shall confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shall be saved.

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.