Author Thread: Snobbing/ghosting
Sherry_J

View Profile
History
Snobbing/ghosting
Posted : 14 Nov, 2019 11:32 AM

Guys what makes you ignore a lady's message ?

And what makes you ghost a lady without giving a reason after a short while?

View Profile
History
Snobbing/ghosting
Posted : 14 Nov, 2019 09:11 PM

as I understand ghosting is when I click on messages and end up at someones profile. idk?

as far as losing interest?

this is actually very interesting thought,

considering during WWII mail order brides were the thing.

now days ,we feel we need video chat,phone calls,emails, WhatsApp?

changing of seasons?

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Snobbing/ghosting
Posted : 14 Nov, 2019 09:38 PM

I'm afraid of ghosts. Where's Pacman when you need him?

Sherry_J

View Profile
History
Snobbing/ghosting
Posted : 15 Nov, 2019 12:41 AM

Ghosting is when you're chatting with someone and then out of the blues they stop responding yet they're reading your messages

Sherry_J

View Profile
History
Snobbing/ghosting
Posted : 15 Nov, 2019 12:44 AM

Lol TOT I'm afraid of them as well, and we have lots of human ghosts unfortunately

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Snobbing/ghosting
Posted : 15 Nov, 2019 04:42 PM

More times than not, I'm happy to talk to someone. However, I know there have been times when someone seemed...well...crazy and it was easier just to hit the "block" button rather than go around in circles.

Alligator

View Profile
History
Snobbing/ghosting
Posted : 15 Nov, 2019 06:40 PM

Is it really that hard to just say "i don't want to talk anymore" and then dont post to the person again. ?

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Snobbing/ghosting
Posted : 15 Nov, 2019 08:29 PM

I've done that before. The problem is some people are clingy and just telling them once isn't enough. With me, there is "welcome clingy" when I'm interested in someone clinging around, but there can also be "annoying clingy" when someone is forceful with their presence (to put it nicely). When it gets to that point, I'm not going to wrestle with them over whether I should have a conversation with them or not. But I also expect someone to treat me the same way. If I'm not their "cup of tea", then time for me to move on too.

Marcouse

View Profile
History
Snobbing/ghosting
Posted : 19 Nov, 2019 03:12 PM

Probably started talking to someone else.

Often when you chat you subconsciously keep running the numbers, when they don't add up you just call it a day.

Distance apart, expectations, and views on certain subjects etc all contribute. If for example I found out a 40 year old woman I was speaking too expected me to marry her and have kids plus she was sitting on a few thousand of student debt I would want no part of that.

Realistically a typical 40 year old woman isn't having kids without IVF (I've studied the science) and if she hasn't got her debts under control at 40 she will be expecting me to chip in. I like not being poor and I'm not here to be a white knight.

Marcouse

View Profile
History
Snobbing/ghosting
Posted : 19 Nov, 2019 03:12 PM

Probably started talking to someone else.

Often when you chat you subconsciously keep running the numbers, when they don't add up you just call it a day.

Distance apart, expectations, and views on certain subjects etc all contribute. If for example I found out a 40 year old woman I was speaking too expected me to marry her and have kids plus she was sitting on a few thousand of student debt I would want no part of that.

Realistically a typical 40 year old woman isn't having kids without IVF (I've studied the science) and if she hasn't got her debts under control at 40 she will be expecting me to chip in. I like not being poor and I'm not here to be a white knight.

Sherry_J

View Profile
History
Snobbing/ghosting
Posted : 22 Nov, 2019 02:59 AM

Marcouse i would think it's still more courteous to just tell someone why you can't talk with them anymore

Page : 1 2