Author Thread: Snobbing/ghosting
Sherry_J

View Profile
History
Snobbing/ghosting
Posted : 14 Nov, 2019 11:34 AM

Girls what makes you read a guys message or view their profile and ignore them ?

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Snobbing/ghosting
Posted : 14 Nov, 2019 12:04 PM

I reply to all messages I receive its just good manners. I look at profiles for a variety of reasons, I've read their forum posts & am curious, I received a message & want to find out more about the sender, or they've appeared in my matches. I don't view looking at a profile & not sending a message as not ignoring, not every profile catches your eye...:-)

BeckyBec

View Profile
History
Snobbing/ghosting
Posted : 20 Nov, 2019 01:29 AM

If they are separated, I pass. In my mind they are not legally or morally available. If their grammar is poor I won't say no but it is a reflection of a lack of time and effort. Especially if English is their native language. If the profile is too long winded, as if they need to prove themselves, that's a turn off. If it's too short or give me a beginning sense of who you are, then I am not as inclined to go forward. I want to know the other person so if I ask questions and you don't answer them I am not inclined to move forward. And the quick jump to texting, doesn't work for me personally. Those connections seem to due quickly.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Snobbing/ghosting
Posted : 20 Nov, 2019 06:59 PM

Don't mind me, I'm just here to break the rules, but it only works if I find out what they are first. :)

Iliachen

View Profile
History
Snobbing/ghosting
Posted : 30 Nov, 2019 02:52 AM

Becky: I agree on the whole "separated" thing, but disagree on long winded = something to prove. Separated IS married. There's a reason why they allow for some time before the divorce goes through; a grace time in case they change their minds, and work it out. In terms of divorce, there better have been a good reason, lol.

Having something to prove: I just want to chime in for the INFJs. I used to be a skeptic of personality typing, but felt understood for once when I read my own description. People like me express ourselves best through writing. So give some of those guys a chance. Taking the time to write out a good profile means they want to make a good connection with someone. It's better than those very likely Nigerian scammers who "am honest, am loyal, am easy going, love god, America *flexing emoji*" with friggin' Turner Andrew's face as the profile. Seriously, his face gets around! Hit up Instagram if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Iliachen

View Profile
History
Snobbing/ghosting
Posted : 30 Nov, 2019 02:56 AM

T0TH3M4X: I realize you may think that's funny, but I've sadly had guys use PM bugs on this site to message me outside my filters. I don't think rule-breaking is cute when I've done my best to politely decline via my profile. I know exactly the kind of man I want to marry. I literally had God reveal that to me. I doubt I'd meet him here, but given my ex was actually a good man, and I met him via online dating, I figured I'd try it once more before I completely shut & lock the door on this option.

And as an INFJ, I actually hate being rude when someone kinda seems nice, but is just too pushy. I'd rather a man put that kind of effort into talking to God. If a guy feels that needy, he's clearly got some issues he needs to place before God before even trying to date anyone.