Author Thread: Please read this if you are struggling with your faith
Admin

Please read this if you are struggling with your faith
Posted : 1 Dec, 2019 08:15 PM

For a long time I had doubt that God will ever let me the right one. I have had the doubt outweigh my faith so much that it made me angry and jealous, it turned me into something I didn't want to be. I talked to friends, they always to trust in His timing. Today, December 1st 2019, all of my doubt, it's like it completely disappeared. And it was nothing that I have done, but what He has done. Last night I opened up the Bible. A verse stood out to me. Matthew 21:21. After reading that I told the Lord that I completely trust in Him, and I lay all of those doubts at His feet and He swept them all away. This wasn't the only time He gave me something, there have been many others as well. One Sunday I had a song on my mind. You may have heard of it, How Great Thou Art. I didn't tell anyone about it, and when I was driving home from church it came on the radio. I knew that was when God was telling me that He is bigger and stronger than all of my problems and that there's nothing, NOTHING too big for Him to handle. But today was different. When I use to see couples together and I use to think "When is that going to happen for me? When will I have that?" . Today, instead I thought "That's going to be me someday. That's going to happen for me." . And you know what else? I've learned that there's nothing to be ashamed of if you want to have a companion. If you don't like being single, then you are not meant to be single. Just ask God to reveal your other half to you. Trust and have faith in Him, and He will give it to you, in His timing. Try not to rush anything and wait on Him. There's a song by Josh Turner called The Longer the Waiting the Sweeter the Kiss. That song comes to my mind a lot. And I believe it's true. I pray that all of you will get something out of this. I pray that it helps you. Thank God for giving me these, because I'm not smart enough to think of them on my own. I hope you have a blessed day. And remember, if God wants you to have it, and you accept it from Him, no one can ever take it away from you. God loves you.

KJVonly

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Dec, 2019 09:30 PM

I accidentally clicked on this thread topic..nothing happens by accident but it seems like it at times til you discern it isn't. Just last night it hit me.. .

Just like I trusted the Gospel that I heard, I too have to TRUST in Him to send my husband to me. That made me feel so peaceful. Sometimes we come across a person and you think, Wow!, this person seems really suited to me until you find you differ on doctrine...then you get anxious because you really like this person..

But no matter who I like, I want WHO Jehovah has for me because that person will be the BEST for me and I for him.

Who knows maybe it will be the person that I like. As long as two people are dedicated to Our Creator and seeking the TRUTH where ever it leads then miracles can happen no matter how opposed at first .

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Feb, 2020 07:17 AM

Yes ...that is true..GOD's way is the best..He never goes wrong

Jojo787

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Feb, 2020 05:16 PM

Thank you for the encouragement, i have been struggerling with my faith for a long time for different reasons and being able to have the courage to share your story.

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Mar, 2020 08:34 PM

it's easy to have a lot of faith when things are going well. a little glitch happens and you ask God for help. and you get it. But sometimes a whole lot of bad happens all in a row... crops floor, daughter dies, husband wants a divorce and someone keys your car. Those are the times when it's really hard to believe. WHY is all this happening to me and you ask God to change it. Well, some things cannot be changed, so in order to keep our faith, we have to step up and do something. Hopefully you have crop insurance. If not, know that you have to find a part time job and replant next year. If your child dies, know that you need to focus on the good times you had....not what you are going to miss out on. If your husband wants a divorce, dont lose your temper, --ask if he would be willing to go to counseling with you. Take a deep breath and remember there are 2 sides to every story. Car got keyed? do you have insurance? if not, see if the painter will take 2 part payments. Do OUR part to keep the faith and God will bring our lives back into focus.

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Mar, 2020 08:35 PM

crops FLOOD, not floor.

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jun, 2020 04:38 PM

This is an older post, but I wanted to say, well written! It's so true! God is with you! Thanks for writing this!