Author Thread: Why do women do this?
War4peace^

View Profile
History
Why do women do this?
Posted : 5 Dec, 2019 04:48 PM

Accuse men of sexually harassing them? According to many people men dont get to decide what sexual harassment is. I don't agree and think that a man merely complimenting a woman non sexually is clearly not sexual harassment. I've been fired over telling a woman she was pretty without the matter even being investigated. Feel free to share your thoughts on this subject and if you agree thats its important to define what sexual harassment is so that men can avoid being accussed of it or maybe you think sexual harassment exists but should be permitted. Lastly I hope this smiley face meme doesn't sexually harass any of you and I'm sorry if it does

Fireprooof^

View Profile
History
Why do women do this?
Posted : 6 Dec, 2019 04:26 PM

BECAUSE OF THIS I DONT TALK OR EVEN LOOK WOMEN ANYMORE

Fireprooof^

View Profile
History
Why do women do this?
Posted : 6 Dec, 2019 04:27 PM

I SEE WOMAN I WALK THE OTHER WAY

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Why do women do this?
Posted : 6 Dec, 2019 04:32 PM

Fireproof that's a bit extreme...

View Profile
History
Why do women do this?
Posted : 6 Dec, 2019 09:45 PM

Would you have told a male co-worker that he was good looking?

Fireprooof^

View Profile
History
Why do women do this?
Posted : 7 Dec, 2019 07:03 AM

WALKING FAST THE OTHER WAY

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Why do women do this?
Posted : 9 Dec, 2019 06:08 PM

Kai4

View Profile
History
Why do women do this?
Posted : 5 Jan, 2020 05:51 PM

In general, don't comment on a lady's appearance unless...

a) You're dating her

b) You're related to her, or

c) You're her best friend

As far as the workplace is concerned, it's not up to employees to determine what sexual harassment is; it's up to the employer. I believe every company has it defined in their employee policy manual.

View Profile
History
Why do women do this?
Posted : 13 Jan, 2020 07:05 PM

Geez, extreme much? I honestly fail to see how "you look nice today" could be a fireable offence. Unless you're outright gawking at her, telling her a million times a day everyday, or say it in an overly sexual way, that really is just flipping out over peanuts. Is it so wrong to get a compliment from a guy who isn't trying to be sexual?

I can't speak for everyone, but for me, I'm grateful to receive a compliment coming from someone being sincere and actually meaning it. If you think I'm pretty or look particularly nice today, thank you for thinking that. It's very kind of you to say so. There are days when it's the highlight of my day. I try to smile with extra appreciation and graciously thank them.

I think people just flip out because of the idea that we focus too much on a woman's appearance. But geez, can't our efforts to look how we want be appreciated? Wouldn't compliments validate it?

If you got fired for a simple compliment, then God probably wanted to take the trash out for you. God riddance to that company! I hope you have something better now.

Loree7

View Profile
History
Why do women do this?
Posted : 20 Feb, 2020 03:33 PM

Complimenting isn't considered sexual harassment unless you are her superior. Legally, a compliment wouldn't be grounds for firing unless you were her superior. For example, I had a teacher tell me that my grade depended upon what I did for him. That is sexual harassment. That being said, the work place isn't the appropriate place to compliment a female. It is a place of business where the sex of a person should not make a difference. Complimenting an item is fine, but not personal appearance. For example, "That is a nice tie." is fine, but "you look nice in that tie." is not.