Author Thread: Men are to love their wives as they do their own bodies
Admin

Men are to love their wives as they do their own bodies
Posted : 11 Jan, 2020 10:35 AM

But how can a man love his own body when he gets insulted because of it every day?

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jan, 2020 02:42 AM

I feel You brother.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jan, 2020 08:49 PM

Morgan says:

But how can a man love his own body when he gets insulted because of it every day?

End quote

Morgan I believe you said more than you intended.

I have long suspected that you have a deep love for yourself despite your negative comments about yourself. But no worries, this is normal, we all want good things for ourselves and we all have deep love for ourselves.

Your problem is not that you do not love yourself, you just don’t love the body or the personality God gave you. You feel you deserve more than God have you.

Because you love yourself so much, you feel you deserve much more than you’ve received. You believe you deserve a strikingly handsome body, looks and all that and a magnetic personality which could bring you the popularity you feel you deserve and even the woman you feel you deserve.

Not trying to come down on you, Morgan. But you need to be content with the stuff God gave you. The Bible says godliness with contentment is great gain!!

If you want the kind of “great gain” God considers great gain then learn to put God first. He gives each person whatever he chooses to give.

I wanted a tall muscular body with really good looks and a super magnetic personality!! I wanted to be popular like the big stars. But God gave this stuff! And it doesn’t bring me glory I longed for. I was picked on at school and laughed at nearly everywhere I went. Sooo, I wanted to destroy this junk God gave me, I felt I deserved better.

Some people thought I hated myself because I was so negative about myself. But why would they think I hated myself?? After all, I wanted really good things for myself proving that I really loved myself. If I truly hated myself, I would be glad I don’t get good things and I would be be happy when people hate me and make fun of me.

But the truth is, I really loved myself, I just hated the junk (my body and personality) that God dealt me because it didn’t bring me the kind of people praise and the good things I thought I deserved—soooo I wanted to destroy myself (rather the defective stuff God gave me)

Still learning godliness with contentment is great gain. So Morgan! Thank God for the way he made you and be content with the skin your in!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jan, 2020 09:32 PM

I like my personality. It's just my outward appearance I don't like. I pray for God to help me change and I believe He is. I've dropped a few pounds thanks to Him. So I guess it's not really my body that I hate, but the fat inside of it. And I know I don't deserve any good thing. I do see myself as a horrible, disgusting human being. And I am. But I know God loves me. I know He is always there. He always listens. And I know doesn't care how I look on the outside, and I trust that He will give me a wife that doesn't either. I don't deserve it, but I trust Him. And every day I just find myself trusting Him more and more. I don't like the way that I look, but even if I was the most handsomest man in the world those looks will fade. But He will never fade.

Chioniso

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jan, 2020 02:57 AM

Everyone was given freedom to do what we want. I used to hate my looks. I had to go on diet. Skipping some meals and avoiding some eatings at all times. I used to put on size 46 clothes, now I am in size 38. My body is now light and that made me change my wardrobe. I dont care what people say about me but that is what I want, to love myself first before I love others. We do not live twice.Only once. Do your best to yourself and love others as yourself. We are God's workmanship created in Christ Jesus. We were fearfully and wonderfully made. Lets glorify God for every organ of our body, being it physically deformed or not, that is us. Lets pray that our thinking be agreeable to his will so that we make health choices. God created us for a purpose and plan completely different from what our flesh needs. Be careful. Renew your mind and be transformed. The Word teaches us all.

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jan, 2020 01:32 PM

Chioniso and David. thanks for sharing and chioniso, keep on going. I am proud of you losing that weight, if you continue to eat healthy and get exercise, you will drop another size or two. I am trying hard to keep the junk food out of my house! you inspire me.

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Jan, 2020 10:33 PM

Morgan, I read your negative thoughts and complaints. we all have negative thoughts sometimes. But I never hear you say what you are doing about it. Even if you are handicapped in some way, you need to be eating healthy and exercising. That can mean walking as far as possible each day, does not require a gym membership. What foods are you consuming...if its sugar and fried foods, you are defeating yourself. Your face is attractive. I think you expect some sort of magic to occur. it is not going to. Have you ever seen the TV show 600 pound life? The doctor tries hard to help the overweight people control their lives and get well, but some ignore him. Your posts indicate always that you want a wife and family, and then you say something negative. that you are ugly or not worthy. you should read 1 Corinthians 6:19-20. Your body is a temple. if you saw a building that needed repair, would you turn away? or would you help paint it, add new wood, make it a proud building again. Instead of constant complaining, you must DO something. I know you are a capable man who can either get a job, or if you are disabled, you can volunteer. Dress nicely and help veterans. Go to the humane society and take care of abused animals. If you have neighbors, cook something good and take it to them. Keep busy, start eating healthy and exercise. Then soon you should be ready to join a group -- group study at a library, salvation army needs volunteers, there are so many things. I continue to pray for you, but you MUST help yourself.

DanielShakleferd

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jan, 2020 06:44 AM

I lost about 90 pounds 2-4 years ago I think 70-80 pounds of it must have been fat(I was weaker afterwards because I went overboard with caloric restriction). I still got probably 10-20 "stubborn" pounds of fat that I would like to lose but I have kept the weight off. I think it is very hard to lose fat when you hate your body, I was succecful because I valued my body, my health, my life, my future. But I didn't do it "for myself", I don't believe those that say you have to do it for themselves. I did it because I believe that I will be able to use my life to serve and I ought not cut it short by killing myself with food, and for my future family's sake.

If you hate yourself, it will be difficult to lose weight because why invest in yourself in a difficult way if you are just a piece of cr*p(in your own eyes)? I was able to lose weight by realizing not only did I have an important role to serve, but that I could potentially even become attractive. Don't "let yourself" go, that is how I gained so much fat, deciding that I was fat anyway so it didn't matter if I ate whenever I wanted.

The problem with "doing it for yourself" is that eating junk food has the illusion of being in our own interests.

You can actually lose weight by eating more if you want. Look up the concept of caloric density. There are some foods that you could literally eat all day and lose weight. Don't buy into the nonsense that carbs are bad. I bought into that myth for a long time but I get generally 70-80% of my calories from carbs, I honestly overeat a bit, and I have still kept from gaining weight. I don't know how you feel about vegtables, I used to hate them beacuse I had some I didn't like and thought they must all be bad. I find the most popular salad foods(celerly, raw carrots, raw tomatoes) to be boring or unpleasant(to me), I prefer cruciferous vegetables, onions, grains, apples, bananas, etc. You have to find what you like.

Look up food that you like and put them into Cronometer .com to see how many calories that they have

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Feb, 2020 09:16 PM

Morgan, I wanted to add, I appreciate your posts, except the ones when you disagree with me

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Feb, 2020 01:30 PM

Yes, but isn't she supposed to love the guy in return! You're more likely to jump off a building and fly of get spontaneously pregnant and give birth. (Even you girls will admit that mighty hard for a mere man to do!)

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Mar, 2020 12:59 AM

I think that verse is about the wife and how the husband should take care of her nothing else...

Page : 1 2