Author Thread: Apostle Paul or Impostor Paul?
HiddenMountain

View Profile
History
Apostle Paul or Impostor Paul?
Posted : 5 Feb, 2020 04:12 AM

Apostle Paul or Impostor Paul? In light of the words of YHSHUA in Revelation 2 about a false apostle and congratulating the church who figured that out ... Paul called himself an Apostle and seemingly taught a different gospel.. I expect to be hated for questioning this at all but if Christ thought it was important to know then perhaps we should consider Paul to just be another person like the rest of us who wrote letters to churches he did not even start, before You judge me on this please look deeply into it and pray for wisdom

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Feb, 2020 05:29 AM

looking back it is kinda funny now, as when I was younger I died of drug overdose, while sitting at the feet of JAH and chatting friendly I mentioned something of Paul's writings,Creator laughed greatly,said," it is great You are inspired by Paul and I's relationship, concerning You, I am only concerned with Our relationship.

it is obvious that Paul drags many roman ideals into His relationship with God , same way I drag u.s.a. ideals into mine.

everyone has external influences, mom, dad,siblings, educators, friends, lets try not beat up paul to bad,really, he is already dead,let us not beat dead horses either :D

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Feb, 2020 01:23 PM

So, if paul is an impostor, what about peter, james, jude and john? what would you say to those who say the books of Revelation, 1/2Peter, 1/2/3 john, Jude and James are a fraud? what about going all the way and saying even the gospels are fakes? where does it end?

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Feb, 2020 04:00 PM

Paul seemingly taught a different Gospel? Perhaps you should provide supporting evidence.

Teddyhug^

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Feb, 2020 06:35 PM

AboundingGrace writes,

"So, if paul is an impostor, what about peter, james, jude and john? what would you say to those who say the books of Revelation, 1/2Peter, 1/2/3 john, Jude and James are a fraud? what about going all the way and saying even the gospels are fakes? where does it end?"

WiseWay writes,

"Paul seemingly taught a different Gospel? Perhaps you should provide supporting evidence."

EXACTLY guys, where is the POSITIVE "supporting evidence" AND "where does it (ALL) end?" in stating the Bible now has "gospel errors" in supposedly "false teaching gospel" writers??? WOW!

KJVonly had a response long ago, early Feb on another thread "correcting" HiddenMountain on Revelation chapter 2 supposedly talking about Paul but of course she sticks with Rev. 2:1-7 claiming John was likely talking about Paul!? She states -

"Specifically this verse, Rev 2:2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how >>thou canst not bear them which are evil:<< and >>thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:<< end quote.

I took the liberty to repost here what KJVonly wrote in its entirety below -

HiddenMountain,

I feel you have been misinformed about my brother ,Paul.

I would like to address all of your list of concerns but will take the time to address one that stands out in Revelation 2. I will skip to verse 8 and hopefully clarify what Chuckk had asked about previously concerning food sacrificed to idols and how he thought Paul was in contradiction of the scriptures.

In Yah'shua's rebuke to the church of Pergamos, some members followed the example of Balaam by introducing moral corruption into the church.

When Israel traveled through the desert, King Balak offered Balaam a handsome fee to curse Israel. Balaam soon discovered, however, that he could not command God to curse His people. When Balak offered more money, Balaam tried to change God's mind, but God commanded him to bless Israel. Then Balaam advised King Balak to draw Israel into intermarriage with heathen

women and to commit idolatry (Numbers 22—25).

Unfortunately, it seems some members of the church at Pergamum succumbed to Balaam's sins by marrying unbelievers and engaging in idolatry. The Bible clearly prohibits the marriage of a believer and an unbeliever (2 Corinthians 6:14) and commands believers to avoid idolatry. In 1 John 5:21, the apostle John instructed: "Little children, keep yourselves from idols."

Yah'shua always looks at the intentions of the heart and In the book of Numbers it states that the men was ENTICED to fornicate with heathen unbeliever's and eat their food sacrificed to idols. In the context of 1 Corinthians 8 when Paul tries to keep peace among the brethren by imploring them to not be a stumbling block to the others who have a weaker conscience because they think meat in the >>>>>>>>>>marketplace <<<<<<<<<< may be sacrificed to idols would therefore corrupt them, he said it was better to not even eat meat in front of them if it causes them to fall. So my personal interpretation is that Yah'shua knowing the heart of man can gauge if a person willingly fornicates with unbelievers and eats their meat sacrificed to idols VS. meat unknowingly , possibly sacrificed to idols in the marketplace. Like if you went to a butchers shop , would you know if meat was "corrupted"? But those men who fornicated with unbeliever's sure did! They knew the game. They knew they sinned. They were carnal and not spiritual is what I see,

Num 25:1

Baal Worship at Peor

1While Israel remained at Shittim, the people began to play the harlot with the daughters of Moab. 2For they invited the people to the sacrifices of their gods, and the people ate and bowed down to their gods.…

Revelation 2:14

But I have a few things against you, because some of you hold to the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to place a stumbling block before the Israelites so they would eat food sacrificed to idols and commit sexual immorality.

end quotes.

Teddyhug^

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Feb, 2020 10:14 PM

This is really sad friends in what HiddenMountain writes below in another thread , yet I'm about to quote Paul himself in what he wrote by letter to the Corinthians! Read below first -

HiddenMountain writes, quote - "In Revelation 2, the church of Ephesus, to whom Paul claimed to be an apostle, is commended for testing and rejecting false apostles. We read in Revelation 2, verse 2, “I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked people, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false..."

"So. If Paul presented himself as an apostle to Ephesus and was rejected. And if Ephesus is commended in Revelation for rejecting false apostles, what does that make Paul? If we put one and one together, it makes Paul a false apostle. The Bible is telling us that Paul was a liar. Paul was a deceiver who claimed to be an apostle to spread his own gospel."

end quotes of HiddenMountain.

Now read what Paul writes in 2 Corinthians 11:13!

KJV "For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ."

GNT "Those men are not true apostles--they are false apostles, who lie about their work and disguise themselves to look like real apostles of Christ."

Did you catch that friends? Paul is calling himself a false apostle, right? He wrote the letter, so he is warning the Corinthians about himself! LOL! Friends its obvious that John in Rev 2:2 is NOT writing about Paul!!! Is that clear, it is to me! There is something very very wrong with someone who says such things about Paul, calls him a liar and then call themselves "christians" when they are obviously not. Sad, very sad!

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Mar, 2020 10:55 PM

Quote the unhiddenmountian “I expect to be hated for questioning this at all but if Christ thought it was important to know then perhaps we should consider Paul to just be another person like the rest of us who wrote letters to churches he did not even start, before You judge me on this please look deeply into it and pray for wisdom”

End quote the unhidden mountain

The Unhidden Mountain quakes at the prospect of being “hated and judged”. Intriguing how people who traffic in judgmentalism and hate fear them most

Pmuhli

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Mar, 2020 02:13 AM

Why did Peter affirm Paul as a beloved brother instead of calling him a heretic? Unless you also believe the epistles of Peter are forgeries also. You may as well discard the Gospel of Luke as he also wrote Acts and was a companion of Paul

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Mar, 2020 06:23 PM

I can't believe how a person could post such a stupid thread. Obviously NOT a Christian... evidently do not know the scriptures... BUT, the answers are equally disturbing. I was going to start with byss and his goofy humor...but then I realize ALL of you posters are foolish. So sorry to see all the fakes on here. And yes, You ARE struggling with your faith to post a thread like this.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Mar, 2020 07:20 PM

Paul was called by God .

He had an experience on the road to Damascus.

Any True Believe knows that.

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Apr, 2020 11:01 AM

People who are honestly trying to learn are surely dismayed when Teddy and others quote people on Other Threads from a long time ago and then ramble on. It is best to stick to the subject.

Do you spend your day looking up what others said a month ago or keep 3 or 4 windows open to toggle back and forth? It really ruins the thread. Let everyone read the forums for themselves and learn. if they want to look at old previous threads, its up to them.

Page : 1 2