Author Thread: Why is it important to have a Christian
annmarie23

View Profile
History
Why is it important to have a Christian
Posted : 12 Feb, 2020 04:26 AM

ITS very important cause you can understand and you can talk about this subject and pray together

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Feb, 2020 05:29 PM

Darned if I know. The 2 Christian girls I had hurt me the most, blamed me for 100% of the relationship and were arrogant and self righteous about it. But neither was very good at communicating and both were trying to throw me under the bus. I always thought a Christian gf would be the way to go, but I seem to have been looking at the scum in the bottom of the barrel.

Loree7

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2020 04:23 AM

Ajax, you state that you don't know why it is important to have a Christian spouse. You continue with a show of unresolved anger for two past relationships. You end with insulting your sisters in Christ.

The Bible has a principle beyond that of marrying a Christian. Amos states that two can't walk together accept that they agree. This is more in depth than just Christian, it includes personal standards, interpretation of the Scriptures, and a person's personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Being Christian is the FIRST step of a relationship with Christ. It is the step of a baby still crying for food. It is the step of learning to be a Christian. A Christian is a way of life, a road, not an end. It is not "okay, I accepted Jesus as my Savior. That is done." It is a "what now?" perspective. People grow and change with time in Christ. They aren't automatically sanctified. Are you growing in your walk?

If all I knew about you was what I read here in response to this question, I would judge you upon a few verses. Proverbs 22 or 23 talks about not even being friends with an angry person lest you learn to become like him. Your lashing out shows anger. Ephesians talks about forgiving one another as Christ has. Your message shows that you have not done so. Ephesians also tells us to be kind. Your message shows an unkindness that is worldly, immature, and self-centered. These traits God tells us to stay away from.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Mar, 2020 07:16 PM

The Bible teaches iron sharpens iron. If your partner/spouse isn't iron, then how are they going to keep you sharp?

Solomon in all of his wisdom failed here. He took pagan wives and they led him astray. What if he married someone made of iron who made him a better piece of iron? That I believe is what we should all hope and pray for.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Mar, 2020 07:16 PM

The Bible teaches iron sharpens iron. If your partner/spouse isn't iron, then how are they going to keep you sharp?

Solomon in all of his wisdom failed here. He took pagan wives and they led him astray. What if he married someone made of iron who made him a better piece of iron? That I believe is what we should all hope and pray for.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Mar, 2020 07:17 PM

Not sure why that posted twice. :)

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Mar, 2020 01:54 PM

Some people think it's not that important.

Show they don't understand it really is important.

Favour2009

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Apr, 2020 08:00 AM

Because your spouse will understand you. If you marry a non Christian, they will always criticize you on your walk with God. This can really put you down or sometimes draw you to their side. I am always for a GOD fearing spouse if you are one.

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Apr, 2020 11:44 AM

A house divided against itself cannot stand.

Not being on the same pages on important issues can be severe. Living in interfaith households may open a bunch of cans of worms.

No fear of God = there's no strong feeling of a need to change destructive habits...Spiritual principalities... idol worship... more stress... children with lukewarm faith... -_-

Speaking from experience.

Lovelihood

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 May, 2020 06:08 PM

I tried one time dating a non-Christian guy, maybe I liked him that much that I did. Long story short, it didnt go well. The eye opener was when we hang out with our common friends and they were drinking and smoking and I was like, what am I doing here(at the back of my head)? After few hours, he took me home. The next day, I broke up with him. Truth is, God will always remind you your identity and the things that you will enjoy. Thank God He loves me so much that He helped me get through it. Afterall, there’s no such thing as easy break-up.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 May, 2020 03:48 PM

Why open the door to more vices to your life right? God can use those encounters to strengthen us.

Page : 1 2