Author Thread: HOW IMPORTANT IS THE VIRGIN BIRTH OF JESUS?
LittleDavid

View Profile
History
HOW IMPORTANT IS THE VIRGIN BIRTH OF JESUS?
Posted : 12 Feb, 2020 06:51 PM

Don Stewart :: Why Is the Doctrine of the Virgin Birth Important?

Don Stewart

Why is this one doctrine so important? Does it matter whether or not Jesus was born of a virgin? There are at least five reasons why it is important to believe in the Virgin Birth.

1. Jesus Had A Heavenly Origin

The most important reason to hold the belief in the Virgin Birth concerns Jesus' identity as God the Son, the Second Person of the Trinity. If Joseph were His true father, then Jesus would be only a human being. He would not be the Son of God as Scripture clearly states. He would have had His beginning in time rather than eternally existing. As the Bible states,

In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God (John 1:1).

Thus the Virgin Birth is crucial to Jesus being the Son of God.

2. Jesus Had A Sinless Nature

A second reason why the Virgin Birth is important concerns the sinless character of Christ. If Jesus had a human father, then He would have inherited a sinful nature as the rest of us have. The Bible says.

Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, . . . thus death spread to all, because all sinned (Romans 5:12).

To the contrary the Scripture states that Jesus never sinned. Peter wrote,

Who [Jesus] committed no sin, nor was guile found in his mouth (1 Peter 2:22).

John testified.

And you know that he was manifested to take away our sins, and in him there is no sin (1 John 3:5).

If Jesus were the son of Joseph, then His sinless character would only be a myth.

3. Jesus Was The Perfect Sacrifice

A third reason why the Virgin Birth is crucial to the Christian faith concerns our salvation. Without the sinlessness of Christ there would be no salvation. Christ came, according to the Apostle Paul, to save those who were under the law.

But when the fulness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons (Galatians 4:4,5).

This echoes Jesus' own statement,

For the Son of Man has come to seek and save that which was lost (Luke 19:10).

God required a sacrifice that was without blemish, "Your lamb shall be without blemish" (Exodus 12:5). If Jesus were a sinner in any sense of the word, then He could not provide salvation for us. However, because He came into the world by supernatural means and lived a sinless life, He could be that sacrifice for our sins without spot and without blemish. The Bible makes this clear:

For he made him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in him (2 Corinthians 5:21).

4. It Shows The Uniqueness Of Christ

What the virgin birth does is show the uniqueness of Jesus Christ. No one else has ever come into the world the same way as Jesus. The unique and miraculous nature of Jesus carried on through His entire life. His birth was a miracle, His public ministry consisted of miracles, Jesus miraculously lived a sinless life, He miraculously came back from the dead, and left this world in a miraculous way. From His entrance into this world until His departure, the life of Jesus Christ was a miracle.

5. The Bible Says So

The fifth reason to believe in the Virgin Birth is because the Bible says so. If Jesus were not actually born of a virgin then the Bible is wrong. If it is wrong concerning the Virgin Birth, then it is possible that it may be in error about other matters. Once the door opens to the possibility of error in Scripture the eventual and logical result is that the entire foundation of the Christian faith will crumble. The doctrine of the Virgin Birth and the credibility of Christianity go hand-in-hand.

Summary

There are at least five reasons why the virgin conception of Christ is an important doctrine. First, it confirms Jesus heavenly origin. Second, it is necessary for His sinless nature. In addition, the virgin conception was also necessary for Him to be the perfect sacrifice. It also points out the uniqueness of Jesus. Finally, the virgin birth is important because the Bible says that is what happened.

KJVonly

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Feb, 2020 09:25 PM

khutzpa quote...or is it Quiznos?

For some of you, your world would fall apart if you found out Jesus was from a illegitimate union. Why? Because your faith is based on a formula about Jesus rather than a relationship with Jesus. My faith isn't in formulated ideas about Jesus. My faith is in the Jesus who sets people free and empowers them to follow G-D. "He who the son sets free is free indeed!"

End quote

I got it!

"By george , I think she's got it!" as Rex Harrison says to Audrey Hepburn in My Fair Lady. LOL

HA!

Paul spoke of another Jesus....that is your beef with Paul because you preach another Jesus. One without a Virgin mother and therefore totally human. Not 100% man AND 100% God in the flesh...certainly not begotton....

Begotton..

Isn't that part of the Gospel...?

It surely is part of the Catholic creed.

IF you claim God is not manifest in the flesh, then lets see what scripture says..

New International Version

This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God,

English Standard Version

By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God,

King James Bible

Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Feb, 2020 10:01 PM

King James Version Only,

You ask: "Then if it wasn't mentioned, how would you know Sherlock?"

--------------------------

John 20:31 "but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name."

Wow, this would of been a great place for John to mention the virgin birth if it was of paramount importance.

You miss the point - completely - because.....never mind. The point of the OP isn't if there was a virgin birth or not. The point of the OP is how important is believing in a virgin birth.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Feb, 2020 10:09 PM

King James Version(s) Only,

"Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:"

- This verse is countering Gnosticism which was gaining power at this time -

"Begotten" Ummmm.....yeah in English. The Greek word mo·no·ge·nesʹ is defined by lexicographers as “single of its kind, only,” or “the only member of a kin or kind.”

KJVonly

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Feb, 2020 10:21 PM

Khutz quote

John 20:31 "but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name."

Wow, this would of been a great place for John to mention the virgin birth if it was of paramount importance.

End quote

John 3:16

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

So if you just believe you are saved?

Isn't that easy believism?

Sooo....just believe that Jesus died for you..

Isn't there more...? Things of substance...things of importance?

Blood atonement for one...

HOW he died

The resurrection.. etc..

So if you just take John 3:16 and don't have the rest of it then how can you get the entire picture that speaks of Salvation?

KJVonly

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Feb, 2020 10:30 PM

The virgin birth comes down to WHO Yeshua is...Period.

Was he only a prophet like the Muslims say...?

Merely human?

You surely claim Yeshua is not begotton from the Father but had an earthly one instead making him 100% human only.

A prophet perhaps?

Not divine in any way?

Hmmmmm.

Paul , who you reject as chosen by Yahuwah and therefore discount any of the NT that references him says:

Galatians 1:8

Evidently some people are troubling you and trying to distort the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be under a divine curse! 9 As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be under a curse!

Quiznos

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Feb, 2020 01:17 AM

Messiah was in the temple, he was hande the scroll of Isaiah, where did He read from.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Feb, 2020 01:30 AM

If Chuckyucknosadoodles tells you something, make sure to look it up and confirm that it's not just more nonsense he made up after watching movies about people taking pills and chasing rabbits.

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Feb, 2020 05:21 AM

Khutzpah has strongly implied that you don't have to beiieve that Jesus was born of a Virgin to be saved.even though God's inspired Word definitely states that Jesus was born of a virgin. And of course if Jesus was born in a natural way he would not be **GOD** and God's Word states **7 TIMES THAT JESUS IS GOD** And then the blood of Jesus could not make atonement for our sins.

Using this logic you could also say that you can **ADD WORDS** or **TAKE WORDS AWAY** FROM THE BOOK OF REVELATION** and still be saved. However Jesus Himself would disagree with you!!

Revelation 22:16-19: "I, Jesus, have sent My angel to give you this testimony **FOT THE CHURCHES.... I warn everyone who hears the words of this prophecy of this scroll: If anyone **ADDS** anything to them God will add to them the plagues described in this book {Including eternal torment in hell as per Rev 14:9-11}And if anyone **TAKES WORDS AWAY* {Like Khutzpah & Quiznos} from this book of prophecy, God will take away from them any share in the Tree of Life and in the Holy City {The eternal New Jerusalem} which are described in this book!!"

John 12:48: Jesus says, "There is a Judge for the one who does not accept My Words, the very words have spoken will **CONDEMN THEM** at the Last Day.

So here Jesus promises that anyone that does not accept **ALL* of His words will be **CONDEMNED** and **NOT BE SAVED**!!John 16:12-14 Below confirms the words of Jesus that you must accept or be condemned is **EVERY WORD OF THE NEW TESATAMENT;

John 16:12-14: Jesus says,, "I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when the spirit of Truth comes, he will guide you into all the Truth. He will not speak on his own, he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will **GLORIY ME BECAUSE IT IS **FROM ME**THAT HE WILL RECEIVE WHAT HE WILL MAKE KNOWN TO YOU**!!"

And so Jesus tells the holy spirit to inspire the 8 writers of the New Testament to write the exact words that Jesus wants them to write.

Hebrews 12:1,2: Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us , fixing our **EYES ON JESUS**, the **AUTHOR** {Of every word in the New Testament} and **PERFECTOR** of our faith!!

Matthew 28:18-20: Jesus says< ALL AUTHORITY** in heave and on earth has been given to **ME**. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations.... Teaching them to **OBEY EVERYTHING I HAVE COMMANDED**!" {Which would include every Word in the New Testament!!}

Acts 26:16-18: Jesus said to Paul, "I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a **WITNESS** OF WHAT YOU HAVE SEEN WILL SEE OF ME! I will rescue from your own people and from the Gentiles. **I AM SENDING YOU** to them to open their eyes and turn from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive **FORGIVENESS OF SINS** and a place among those who are **SANCTIFIED BY FAITH IN ME**!"

Acts 22:14,15: Ananias said to Paul, "The God of our ancestors has chosen you **TO KNOW HIS WILL**and to see the Righteous One and to **HEAR WORDS FROM HIS MOUTH**. You will be **HIS WITNESS TO ALL PEOPLE OF WHAT YOU HAVE SEEN AND HEARD**!"

2 Peter 3:15,16: Bear in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our **DEAR BROTHER PAUL** also wrote you with the **WISDOM THAT GOD GAVE TO HIM** He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand {For the unsaved} which ignorant unstable people {Like Quiznos and Khutzpah} distort as they do other Scriptures, to their own destruction! {Eternal torment in Hell}

John 12:48: Jesus says, "There is a Judge for the one who does not ace My Words, the very words I have spoken {Like Acts 26:18 above} will **CONDEMN THEM** at the Last Day!"

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Feb, 2020 05:33 AM

Khutzpah has strongly implied that you don't have to beiieve that Jesus was born of a Virgin to be saved.even though God's inspired Word definitely states that Jesus was born of a virgin. And of course if Jesus was born in a natural way he would not be **GOD** and God's Word states **7 TIMES THAT JESUS IS GOD** And then the blood of Jesus could not make atonement for our sins.

Using this logic you could also say that you can **ADD WORDS** or **TAKE WORDS AWAY** FROM THE BOOK OF REVELATION** and still be saved. However Jesus Himself would disagree with you!!

Revelation 22:16-19: "I, Jesus, have sent My angel to give you this testimony **FOR THE CHURCHES.... I warn everyone who hears the words of this prophecy of this scroll: If anyone **ADDS** anything to them God will add to them the plagues described in this book {Including eternal torment in hell as per Rev 14:9-11}And if anyone **TAKES WORDS AWAY* {Like Khutzpah & Quiznos} from this book of prophecy, God will take away from them any share in the Tree of Life and in the Holy City {The eternal New Jerusalem} which are described in this book!!"

John 12:48: Jesus says, "There is a Judge for the one who does not accept My Words, the very words have spoken will **CONDEMN THEM** at the Last Day.

So here Jesus promises that anyone that does not accept **ALL* of His words will be **CONDEMNED** and **NOT BE SAVED**!!John 16:12-14 Below confirms the words of Jesus that you must accept or be condemned is **EVERY WORD OF THE NEW TESATAMENT**!"

John 16:12-14: Jesus says,, "I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when the spirit of Truth comes, he will guide you into all the Truth. He will not speak on his own, he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will **GLORIY ME BECAUSE IT IS **FROM ME**THAT HE WILL RECEIVE WHAT HE WILL MAKE KNOWN TO YOU**!!"

And so Jesus tells the holy spirit to inspire the 8 writers of the New Testament to write the exact words that Jesus wants them to write.

Hebrews 12:1,2: Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us , fixing our **EYES ON JESUS**, the **AUTHOR** {Of every word in the New Testament} and **PERFECTOR** of our faith!!

Matthew 28:18-20: Jesus says< ALL AUTHORITY** in heave and on earth has been given to **ME**. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations.... Teaching them to **OBEY EVERYTHING I HAVE COMMANDED**!" {Which would include every Word in the New Testament!!}

Acts 26:16-18: Jesus said to Paul, "I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a **WITNESS** OF WHAT YOU HAVE SEEN WILL SEE OF ME! I will rescue from your own people and from the Gentiles. **I AM SENDING YOU** to them to open their eyes and turn from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive **FORGIVENESS OF SINS** and a place among those who are **SANCTIFIED BY FAITH IN ME**!"

Acts 22:14,15: Ananias said to Paul, "The God of our ancestors has chosen you **TO KNOW HIS WILL**and to see the Righteous One and to **HEAR WORDS FROM HIS MOUTH**. You will be **HIS WITNESS TO ALL PEOPLE OF WHAT YOU HAVE SEEN AND HEARD**!"

2 Peter 3:15,16: Bear in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our **DEAR BROTHER PAUL** also wrote you with the **WISDOM THAT GOD GAVE TO HIM** He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand {For the unsaved} which ignorant unstable people {Like Quiznos and Khutzpah} distort as they do other Scriptures, to their own destruction! {Eternal torment in Hell}

John 12:48: Jesus says, "There is a Judge for the one who does not ace My Words, the very words I have spoken {Like Acts 26:18 above} will **CONDEMN THEM** at the Last Day!"

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Feb, 2020 07:23 AM

King James Version Only writes:

"So if you just believe you are saved?"

---------------

You err because you don't understand the original language or 1st century Jewish thought and culture. To "believe" meant to "do". Nowadays, people believe without doing and think it is the same thing.

Page : 1 2 3