Author Thread: Why do guys say married on paper only?
Cfossil

View Profile
History
Why do guys say married on paper only?
Posted : 24 Feb, 2020 02:27 PM

I have this man at work constantly asking me to lunch. I admit, I did the first time. He has a ring on and figured he was widow. Asked him how long his wife had been gone and that’s when I knew. He told me it’s on paper only. So is divorce.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Feb, 2020 06:05 PM

He says, “It’s just a piece of paper”????

Hmmmmm!

Well, so is the deed to this guy’s house!! I’m sure if you asked him to give it to you he would object!! But why would he object? The deed to his house is just a “piece of paper”!!

A $100 bill is just a piece of paper. So would this guy get upset at getting robbed?? The robber might say: “don’t be upset it’s just paper”!!

There are many important documents that could be called “just a piece of paper”. Important things like your lease agreement, car title, drivers license, college degree, certifications and so on!!! But you better make sure you keep these “pieces of paper” in a really safe place!!

But for some reason this idiot thinks his marriage certificate is just “piece of paper”.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Feb, 2020 02:02 AM

Cfossil I think a married man would say it because he's trying to reel a woman in. The statement implies he has all the responsibilities of marriage without any of perks. He's probably looking for a bit on the side & trying to let you know there's a vacancy...

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Feb, 2020 03:23 PM

Eaxactly!

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Feb, 2020 03:24 PM

Sheesh, l can’t exactly spell “exactly” now!!

JamesEG

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Feb, 2020 09:36 AM

Clossil, that's an excellent question. If you know the man well, it might be worthwhile to ask him what specifically he meant by it.

If he's married, claiming to be married only on paper, and asking you to lunch, that's a big red flag as I see it. Beware!

Perhaps he's separated from his wife and in the process of going through a divorce. Perhaps he's in an unhappy marriage, but not willing to take steps to improve it or end it.

But as long as he remains married (and maybe even if his marriage ends), I would recommend being careful and avoiding getting too close too soon to him.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Feb, 2020 11:21 AM

He very well doesn't know what he's doing,I would tell him dead on that he's an excuse for a man because nobody forced him to marry his wife,he did it at his own Accord and God forbid don't fall for him,because it shows trouble allover his face and he is a disappointment to Humanity because he takes marriage which God blessed lightly and calls it paper ....that man needs a wakeup call

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Feb, 2020 10:24 AM

Why isn't important here! What is important is that you found out quickly and have sense enough to avoid the guy. His values are not your values.

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Mar, 2020 10:55 PM

Because they don't care about the woman or the marriage and it will probably end sooner rather than later.

Chioniso

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2020 02:25 AM

Cfossil my sister, DO NOT get used to getting closer or have friendship with married man. Even if the man is in the process of getting a divorce. The reason being that once you get close you won't be able to identify faults until the man is through with you. There is no true and right decision that can be made with a man in another relationship as long as there is no divorce processes completed. Dont let your desperate state put you into another desperate situation. Our God is a God of quality things. We are never alone. Remember you were fearfully and wonderfully. Guard yourself jelously, from roaring lions around the world.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2020 07:35 PM

Paper wedding and paper cake sound bland. Either go all-in or forget about it. :)

Page : 1 2 3