Author Thread: Probably The Easiest To Answer
LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Probably The Easiest To Answer
Posted : 26 Feb, 2020 07:25 PM

Because the Bible says so

2Cor6:14Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership can righteousness have with wickedness? Or what fellowship does light have with darkness? 15What harmony is there between Christ and Belial?c Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? 16What agreement can exist between the temple of God and idols?

1Cor7:39The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; >>only in the Lord<<.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2020 09:00 AM

I quoted specific verses in answer to the question marrying in the Lord only. The last verse I quoted appears to forbid all remarriage unless the woman’s husband dies. But the verses context is more specific addressing the specific teaching it intends convey. But scriptures also teach that not all remarriages are forbidden while an ex-husband is still living.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2020 12:37 PM

Matthew 5:32. Though the LORD hates divorce, an allowance for remarriage (not a command) is given for cases of sexual immorality.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2020 11:41 AM

Many Christians are ignorant to the fact that scripture dies allow Divorce in such circumstances.

It's a person choice if they want to continue in it.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2020 11:42 AM

does allow

Corrected

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2020 07:18 PM

Circumstances are you referring to? Sexual immorality or being married to an unbeliever?

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2020 09:25 PM

Death of spouse or sexual immortality allow a person to re-marry. All we have to do is read what David and Wiseway wrote above.... the answers are right there in scripture. We are not to marry an Unbeliever in the first place.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2020 09:40 PM

It kind of sounds like Cupcake is saying that if you are married to an unbeliever, you are allowed to divorce them for that reason. So, I would like her to clarify.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2020 09:43 PM

I think abandonment is also another acceptable reason to remarry. The Bible says that if your unbelieving spouse abandons you, then you are free. And, no true believer will do that. So, anyone who would abandon their spouse is, in my opinion an unbeliever.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Mar, 2020 05:41 AM

Countryivy

Never try to speak for me on here.

I post the way I choose too.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Mar, 2020 09:10 AM

I asked you what you meant by what you said. How is that speaking for you?

Page : 1 2 3