Author Thread: Register For The Men's Weekend!
Raffie

View Profile
History
Register For The Men's Weekend!
Posted : 29 Feb, 2020 09:50 AM

Sounds great, a good way to learn and meet other Christian men, wonder what the topic will be....

'March 13-15 is our Men's Weekend and I am so excited with what the team has been planning and to see how God will use it to transform your life. This year's theme is Expedition. Our lives are an expedition. Your marriage is an expedition. Fatherhood is an expedition. We hope to take you on an expedition this weekend, taking you to a place where you are better equipped to become the man God has designed you to be.'

What an original topic to cover, I see, gotta focus on the vast majority to get all that money.

Us singles are nothing but economic sink hole unlike the families of the church.

I was actually LOLing when I 1st saw the email from my church, kind of knew what they would do.

Chioniso

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2020 01:47 AM

Thats powerful my brother.

Loree7

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2020 05:42 AM

I understand what you are saying. The church is focused upon families and forget that God's family is individuals and not comprised of family groups. God has no grandchildren. Churches need to focus upon growth as a body not growth within family units. The focus shouldn't be being a better husband, dad, or son, but being more Christlike. Right?

Loree7

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2020 05:44 AM

Churches have long focused upon families. I get pastors asking me what is wrong with singles. How can they reach them. Singles are the largest group in the US. I read a stat stating that singles (over 18) who don't "live together" make up the largest section, yet the churches ignore this group.

Raffie

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2020 10:12 AM

The 'MOST COMMON' thing churches say is "We don't have events for singles because the wolfs will show up and/or we can be held liable for mis-goings on with an event like that. So choose to no do events for singles" or they babble "Well you should do something since you are interested." Ofc I did by talking to them about it and having no experience in setting up events or anything I can see no issues at all that would come about me planning and doing something like this.

Raffie

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2020 10:37 AM

@Loree7

Your age limits and drink prevent me from sending a wink back. just so you know I'm not ignoring you.

Loree7

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2020 11:22 AM

They need not be concerned. The wolves are already present. They must have forgotten that the tares grow with the wheat. Should there really be events for young married, for retired, for husbands, for teens, for children? Shouldn't there be events for the church family? What would happen if Sunday School classes split up according to topics and not ages? But being a single lady doesn't give me much of a voice even in a ministry role. I even had a newbie, fresh out of college pastor tell me that he wouldn't consider a single as a camp counselor. I had to shake my head because I was old enough to be his mother and had been in the ministry longer than he had known been alive.

Loree7

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2020 11:23 AM

Don't worry about sending winks. If I want one, I just have to leave my house. Just stating a troublesome fact.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2020 11:41 AM

The church is the body of Christ and is made up of all ages.

Local churches should have group activities and programs for all ages .

Many Christians are divorced even .

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Mar, 2020 08:05 PM

I agree - my church caters to married couples and elderly singles.

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Mar, 2020 04:20 PM

That's EXACTLY right. There is no group or resource for the middle aged single person. When the deacon starts droning on about marriage I have out of body experience! I'm physically present and mentally absent. He's not droning on about anything that involves me! Or ever will at this point of life.

Page : 1 2