Author Thread: Practical Preperations
Marcouse

View Profile
History
Practical Preperations
Posted : 3 Mar, 2020 02:13 PM

What with potential famines and lack of services caused by things such as the Corona Virus it might be a good idea to think about being prepared for such black swan events generally.

Revelation 6 points to famine and financial collapse in the end times. If you spend some time and money gathering long shelf life foods such as rice, pasta and tinned foods at least you can eat your mistakes if nothing happens. A couple of hundred quid spent as insurance against hunger sounds like money well spent to me. Let the churches manage without their collection money for a few weeks if you have no other spare cash. God helps those who help themselves. Cost me about £100 for enough food to feed myself for 6 months at Aldi in the UK. I'm stocking up on bottled water and luxuries such as toilet paper next. I already converted my cash to metal as a hedge against hyper inflation last year ready for the stock market crash followed by copious amounts of money printing. If you are not preparing for things the word says will happen and are not taking notice of what is going on it is debatable how serious you are taking your faith.

David didn't defeat Goliath on his first day using a sling. The warnings are all around us prepare while you still can especially if you have kids. The signs are in the sky so I don't know what else to tell you.

It will be a crying shame for anyone who has spent years in church, at Bible studies etc to actually miss some of the most important and useful information that was there all the time.

3SheepDogKetchumRed3

View Profile
History
Practical Preperations
Posted : 26 Mar, 2020 03:42 PM

Wise as serpents, gentle as doves, salute brother.

Alligator

View Profile
History
Practical Preperations
Posted : 31 Mar, 2020 09:08 PM

Marcouse - I also have stocked up on useable items. bottled water, ramen noodles, soup, canned veggies and fruit. its hard to know what to choose, so i pick out things that have a long shelf life. I remember years ago seeing the Russian women standing in bread lines, freezing, some with no shoes...just to get a loaf of bread that was already several days old. i am hoping that people dont load up on chips candy and pop like some do o weekly shopping here in USA. Thank you for pointing out the importance of being prepared. I also stocked up on cat food as we cannot forget our pets if this lasts a long time. God Bless You sir.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Practical Preperations
Posted : 19 Apr, 2020 03:30 AM

Since having children I've made sure my house always had, what I call my store cupboard staples. Rice, flour, pasta, oil, eggs, beans, tuna, tin tomatoes, corn beef/spam so whatever happens I can always rustle up a meal...:-)

View Profile
History
Practical Preperations
Posted : 19 Apr, 2020 09:19 AM

I have chickens and I am planting a garden. I just got my potatoes in, yesterday.