Author Thread: Do looks matter for christian women ?
Stanhokp

View Profile
History
Do looks matter for christian women ?
Posted : 11 Mar, 2020 08:41 PM

Just to be sure, logically, the answer is offcourse, for some christian women looks do matter, for some christian women looks don't matter.

Definition of looks matter is: the guy don't have to be a model or hunk, but you should feel physically attracted somehow.

Brandyccc

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Mar, 2020 08:38 AM

For me, at my age,,looks are not the most important thing,,however they are about 20% of the total package. One must have someone who they find pleasant to look at...I'm not looking for a hunk or model in my age group,,just as I am no longer a beauty queen..Ha!! The most important thing for me is a Christian man who loves the Lord, as I do, and we could live for Him together.

(And, you are not unattractive, if that's what you're thinking.)

Stanhokp

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Mar, 2020 06:12 PM

@Brandyccc, I was just verifying, some Christian women say it is not Christ like to look at looks, ok, it is their opinion, I hope they have thought about it thoroughly what they are saying.

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Mar, 2020 12:28 PM

Yes, looks matter ! Most of the ones saying "looks do not matter", are not good looking themselves.

Guys who are unattractive (as well as women ) who think they will land a very beautiful mate, live in a fantasy world. Just being real and honest !

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Mar, 2020 10:18 PM

I have seen some beautiful women married to very average or below average looking men. And I have seen some handsome men with their arm around the shoulder of fat women with no lipstick and tacky clothes, and yet they exchage a quick kiss in the grocery aisle.

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Mar, 2020 06:14 AM

Looks do matter especially in online dating. If you look passable for that woman, she'll read your profile if there's something there that' interesting enough for her to write you. As they say, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder so what's handsome for one may not be attractive to another. Looks may not matter much in days past when you get to meet a person, you get to spend time together and feelings may develop from that encounter but online? Looks do matter. It's the first thing a person looks at.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Mar, 2020 02:52 PM

Not really.

It is only a small part of the whole package. There has to be much more in order to be intriguing

What matters, is the overall personality and his universe.. his relationship with God, his treatment of me, his kindness, warmth, assertive calm energy.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2020 01:52 AM

They matter to me I'm a Christian woman but a "woman" none the less. I couldn't commit to a life with someone I wasn't physically attracted too. Everyone wants a spouse they are attracted to and enjoy spending time with Christians included...:-)

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2020 07:33 AM

Many Christians have unrealistic expectations.

That's One reason many are single, divorced or separated.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2020 09:37 AM

According to your definition, yes, looks are important. It is important to find your spouse physically attractive, because sex is an important part of being married and it is really hard to have sex with someone who you are not attracted to. Doesn't mean that they have to be drop-dead gorgeous or anything and might not be very good looking at all. Physical attraction can be based on other things besides looks and it doesn't have to be present right from the start. It is possible for it to develop over time. But physical attraction is important.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2020 12:18 PM

Amen CountryIvy.

Good looks is not the same as attractive... someone who looks like Brad Pitt may not be appealing in that sense at all (even though the world finds him handsome).

It is the guy's personality which matters.

Page : 1 2 3