Author Thread: Message deleted. Promptly.
Admin

Message deleted. Promptly.
Posted : 14 Mar, 2020 11:00 PM

Today I paid for 6 months, so now I get to see what happens to any messages I send. Well, guess what! I sent a message just to see what happens. It got deleted without being read. I wrote to a lady who happens to live in New Jersey, "I like coffee too! Have you ever been to Florida? I have visited New Jersey with my family....." the rest of the message cannot be read unless you click on it. So, this is all she could see. And it got deleted. She didn't click on my profile. She just deleted my message automatically without even opening it, without even checking my profile. In other words, she totally ignored me. When I do that, it's because I find someone totally unattractive or I am talking to someone else. But usually, when I am talking to someone else, I let them know so they are not left wondering why is he not responding to my message. I let them know, "I am talking to someone right now. And in a few days or weeks if I am done, I will let you know and we can talk. I don't want to talk to two women at the same time, because I end up forgetting or mixing up details and it just doesn't work out well." Well, it would be nice to know why somebody chooses to deletes my message as soon as I send it. End of my rant. Lol

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Mar, 2020 08:32 AM

The message you sent sounds fine to me so I can't quite fathom why that was her response to it...

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Mar, 2020 06:22 PM

I reply to all message that I get weather I like the man or not.

I have an Age filter so it cuts down on the messages I receive.

What I don't like it men viewing over and over bit sending no message ! I take down my pictures many times.

Many send winks...I'm not interested in in winks.

This is supposed to be an adult dating site , yetmrn act worse than some children.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Mar, 2020 06:27 PM

Oops. the Edit doesn't work either. Forgive my errors.

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Mar, 2020 06:01 AM

Ignoring a message and deleting it without reading it means she's not interested and she doesnt want to waste your time and hers. She doesn't want to be bothered about composing a message and she doesn't know how to say it nicely. Besides, it fills her inbox and she just wants to declutter. How do I delete messages, anyways? I couldn't find it anymore. Lol. It used to be easy before the site's facelift.

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Mar, 2020 06:04 AM

Ignoring a message and deleting it without reading it means she's not interested and she doesnt want to waste your time and hers. She doesn't want to be bothered about composing a message and she doesn't know how to say it nicely. Besides, it fills her inbox and she just wants to declutter. How do I delete messages, anyways? I couldn't find it anymore. Lol. It used to be easy before the site's facelift.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Mar, 2020 06:21 AM

I don't understand why join a dating site then not respond to messages. For the record when someone sends a message "it's not a proposal of marriage" and responding doesn't mean "your now engaged" Good manners costs nothing if you're not interested then say so, it's not a good look...

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Mar, 2020 07:42 PM

If I am not interested in the person or he lives several states away, I delete. most of the messages, silver, are dull. hi, how are you? Surely there are better ways to start. Sorry to hear yours was deleted, it seemed to start out fine.

Kai4

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Mar, 2020 01:30 PM

You don't know for sure that she didn't click on your profile. She could have her settings set so that she doesn't show up in other people's "Viewed Me" section.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Mar, 2020 04:50 AM

Very simple; The girl is simply not interested! And it applies either way. I have come to realise if a person does not respond to your message...they are not busy, they have not died, they are saying to you clearly...they are not interested. Please accept and move on. Thank you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Mar, 2020 07:56 PM

Ok. Got it!

Page : 1 2