Author Thread: Do looks matter for Christian men?
Brandyccc

View Profile
History
Do looks matter for Christian men?
Posted : 23 Mar, 2020 05:00 PM

This opposite question was asked to the ladies...so now let's ask the men. And ladies you can chime in if you want to make comments.

(Not being judgemental here, as I know in general, men are known to be more visual,,and it's all a matter of preference also...but thought it was an interesting question, as to how important are looks to the men..?

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Apr, 2020 05:42 AM

Looks matter to most men, Christian or not ! They also like pictures of attractive women to look at on dating sites .

Unfortunately many don't realize beauty is only skin deep .

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Apr, 2020 09:06 AM

I agree, T0TH3M4X. It's not good to lump allguys together, or any other group of people. Everyone is an individual.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Apr, 2020 10:30 AM

well it would be creepy if men were rather attracted to the bones and sinew beneath the skin.....

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Apr, 2020 02:12 PM

Looks actually do matter for a guy. I mean after all whoever you end up marrying better be someone you would want to look at all the time. I think in general as long as she takes care of her own health then the rest will play out with how she looks. I mean seriously I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with someone who is about to have a heart attack. Likewise I wouldn't think a women would want a man who doesn't take care of his own health too. Other than that I think sometimes sometimes I'm not attracted to some women because there going over board on the looks department.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Apr, 2020 07:45 PM

I think, just looking at the number of responses to this thread, we can safely say that looks do matter to all men. lol

Patrickfar

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jul, 2020 04:01 PM

Yes. If a woman has a beautiful face that shines with joy it's attractive.

Of course, a physically attractive woman without Christ is an empty shell of what she could have been and thus completely filtered out in my book and unattractive.

If a man or woman can do something to improve their appearance without it becoming vanity, then why not. After all, our bodies are the temple of God and we are to love others as we LOVE OURSELVES, neglecting our health is not loving ourselves.

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Oct, 2020 01:54 PM

On a % value I would say looks are about 10%. If you look at some of my other post you will see that I am not to go on looks so much. After all I buy a candy bar by what the wrapper looks like. The most beautiful part of any person is their heart.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Apr, 2023 08:30 PM

Definitely!

Yet content is important too.

If there is a pretty photo, but a woman posts that she smokes, I just skip over and if a woman posts that she does not want children, I skip over. So while there must be some physical attraction, other things are important too. But if you are not attracted to someone, WHY BOTHER? ...unless you are open friendly conversations and discussions which may bring enjoyment and worth to being on this site like we are doing in this format.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8