Author Thread: Can We Respect Women, Please? A New Look at the Church's View on Lust
Admin

Can We Respect Women, Please? A New Look at the Church's View on Lust
Posted : 24 Mar, 2020 01:04 PM

https://tolovehonorandvacuum.com/2020/03/church-view-lust-really-not-respecting-women/

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Apr, 2020 07:40 PM

I looked up the article online and I agree with most of what the author wrote and disagree in two or three places. I have long been critical of the churches (most churches) treatment of women and the men who use them

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Apr, 2020 11:48 PM

The problem is not just the men. Girls of very young age use enough make-up and skimpy clothing to GET attention. Some of their mothers cant guide them because they themselves are wearing revealing clothing. When women "get a clue" that its not right to wear almost nothing to tease men, maybe then men won't get so distracted. I notice that most men don't run around without a shirt --- and when they DO, then women are looking at them and making remarks. Everyone should use some common sense. You know very well why you are dressing the way you do.

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Apr, 2020 05:43 AM

I agree with needsafriend7. Don't blame the men when girls dress and act so seductively, with no respect for their own bodies. Girls that act like that attract a certain type of man, if you know what I mean. You don't see guys cat calling nuns. Lol

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Apr, 2020 09:28 AM

If a person sins, that's on them, no one else. Yes, women beed to dress modestly. But, men need to control themselves. A woman who is immodestly dressed is not an excuse or an invitation for lust. Catcalling and lust is never ok, no matter how someone is dressed.

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Apr, 2020 02:18 PM

That's a good article. Something to think about and looking at things differently. I've always admired a sexy woman's body with its graceful curves as well as a man's contoured abs and hard muscles but that's all there is to it. It's when one harbors impure thoughts regarding those things that it becomes dirty. I guess that's where men and women differ. It's widely accepted that men are visual beings but women are not blind. They also look and admire. The difference is most men connect it to their desires while women don't automatically associate it to cravings. Come to think of it. Men may not be very open in showing their emotions but it's easy for them to show their desires. Could be a release of their pent up emotions? A form of expression?

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 May, 2020 04:19 PM

I agree, when it comes to lust , i believe all Christians, not just women but also men are responsible to on their own will Go and desperately seek n cry out to God in prayer and fasting to b purify, sanctify, renewed in the way they view the opposite sex,

and purify, sanctify and renew the way they regard their body and their reproductive members,

and purify their needs,desires and their wants...doing so can result to them being delivered and set free from sexual sins...also take heed to David the psalmist counsel set no wicked things before your eyes...don't entertain watching filthy movies, shows , magazine or listen to filthy music and watch Gof move...

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 May, 2020 04:23 PM

** watch God move

Auto correct mess up written message smh

dance2cedm

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Aug, 2020 09:59 PM

This article mentions the book Every Man's Battle and the "bounce your eyes" concept. I read the book years ago and had a similar reaction as this author -- what a terrible mindset! As this author describes, such a mindset -- all too common in Modesty Culture -- sees women only as sexual objects. So much in Purity Culture is like this, where there are those who even say two married people unmarried to each other should never be in a car alone together, even to ride to work or church together. The underlying assumption of that is that all male/female interactions are inherently sexual, thus reducing others from full humans to sexual objects.

Modestly Culture also makes men out to be helpless lustful pigs, so helplessly lustful that women must be the guardians of the lust of men. As this article points out, such an attitude is harmful to women, making them feel ashamed about their God-given bodies. I like this from the article's author: "I don’t recall Jesus saying 'If your right eye causes you to sin, make sure that everything in your environment is adjusted so that nothing that would make you stumble comes into view.' He clearly puts the onus on the one looking rather than the one being looked at, yet strangely that is hardly ever talked about in churches."

AQuietLifeWanted

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Sep, 2020 06:02 PM

to Alligator: well said.