Author Thread: Honesty
Admin

Honesty
Posted : 23 Apr, 2020 12:35 PM

Hey guys.

What does a guy expect from a woman they meet on line?

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Honesty
Posted : 23 Apr, 2020 03:35 PM

Depends on the guy. None of us are the same. Some of us are legit and others are scammers. Just be patient and ask if you're unsure, then see if their behavior matches what they say.

RetroMillennial^

View Profile
History
Honesty
Posted : 23 Apr, 2020 04:13 PM

To TOTH3M4X’s point, I can tell you what I expect with someone I meet online.

I absolutely do NOT mean to sound cynical with this, only realistic. My expectations for and from someone I meet online are very limited, but only because of the limitations of how much I can expect to be able to get to know her before we actually meet in person. I figure I can get to know some things ABOUT her, but not necessarily that I’m getting to know HER, if you catch my meaning.

I’ve sometimes thought I had great chemistry with someone while emailing and texting, but that chemistry was not there when we actually met in person. Nobody lied or did anything wrong. I had created an idealized view of who I was talking to by filling in the gaps in what she was saying.

I really don’t expect to form any sort of strong emotional attachment with someone I meet online until I get to see them in person either. What am I going to fall in love with, her words? Her grammar? What she says? These are important parts of getting to know the other person, but it’s only half the story. I only expect to be able to decide if it’s worth trying a face to face meeting. After we meet and begin a more normal process of getting to know each other, that’s when I start thinking about whether we can develop an emotional and spiritual connection.

mhyslip

View Profile
History
Honesty
Posted : 24 Apr, 2020 02:01 PM

Just a personal perspective for anyone who reads through this topic -

Be you. There's no one else to be, and even if you feel a bit weird with it, it will help filter out those who aren't a match anyways.

Whenever I send a message I try and make it personal to respond to specific things on people's profile. I want them to know that I read it, and that it's a factor in responding. If someone doesn't have a picture, or just says "just ask", then I'll assume they aren't really serious and I move on. I have better things to do than guesswork :)

You don't have to give a life story, but at least some basics to give people a general idea of what is important to you, and hopefully your interaction with others will give the same. If you're not comfortable with who you are then it will be difficult to expect someone else to be as well.

As mentioned above be mindful of scammers, or those just looking for some sort of hook up. Believe in yourself and know you're better than that.

View Profile
History
Honesty
Posted : 25 Apr, 2020 05:42 AM

"I'm outgoing"

"I am not going to sell myself, If you want to know ask"

"I'm just trying this out"

Don't be this kind of empty person or non-entity, you will be ignored by guys that actually want to date long term rather than hook up.

Guys don't want to "get to know" any small army of woman, it's just too much effort and all the attention the woman get are completely unrewarding for guys giving it unless there is some sort of payoff. The woman on the other hand get all the attention which is what many are actually after anyway.

Also I personally have come to the conclusion that any woman that has a vapid profile (with or without a profile pic) is just attention farming anyway and would be a waste of time interacting with.

View Profile
History
Honesty
Posted : 25 Apr, 2020 09:58 AM

There's also a bunch of guys who set up women profiles just to see what it's like to be a woman on a dating site. LOL

So, when I see these semi-fake profiles that say, "I am not going to sell myself, If you want to know ask" or "I'm just trying this out" then I am thinking, well, maybe this could be a guy. You never know. Lol

View Profile
History
Honesty
Posted : 25 Apr, 2020 12:23 PM

At this point, I think a guy shouldn't expect much. Guys get ghosted often a lot online. Guys want a relationship with a women at times, but it's hard for guys to make a connection to a women when they don't know the person or who they haven't met in person. Online dating is simply hard for both the guy and the girl. I think the hardest thing a guy would expect from a women is honesty. Where supposed to be Christians who care for one another, but in reality people are scared to want to hear a persons feelings at times. I personally have been through a lot in my life and can say it is hard to trust people. I think a good conversation between two people is the best way to get to know someone than just reading a profile or simply judging them on small details. No one is perfect. It takes time to get to know someone.

View Profile
History
Honesty
Posted : 26 Apr, 2020 10:24 AM

Yes silver, sometimes I do wonder if this "hot momma" is actually a russian or chinese dude in his 50's without pants on......

View Profile
History
Honesty
Posted : 30 Apr, 2020 10:42 AM

Someone who is serious about a long-term relationship. Someone who puts effort into the conversation. Someone who has a photo of themselves, instead of it being empty. Somebody who has more information on their profile, as opposed to just a few lines, or a few words.

View Profile
History
Honesty
Posted : 2 May, 2020 08:46 AM

I would say at the very least we need a profile filled in properly that demonstrates that you aren't a catfish. For instance, important things are like your picture, your values, your interests, and your motives.

For me personally, Profiles with "ask me", "No answer" in church attendance. and relocation status as "sure, why not" are red flags. Are you committed to your faith or do you just want to get into a relationship to get someone to "complete" you and live happily ever after? Honest communication is essential especially online. Despite popular belief, we can't read each other's minds.

m477

View Profile
History
Honesty
Posted : 10 May, 2020 06:58 AM

living in a world of very much visual ... hard to detach - bombarded with movies ... perfect actresses ... everything focused on exterior, on image ... inevitably get to think that way involuntarily - yet then image people are very egocentric and cruel, because they command attention, and who does not OBEY, is thrown away IMMEDIATELY ... so then relapse back to finding a good soul, and then hoisted by movies back to image, and another biting the dust ... back and forth ... dizzied ... can say most honestly that most of us don't even know what we really want anymore !

Page : 1 2